42 coaches online • Server time: 15:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2018 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

@Malmir: Those starts were already taken. Tricktickler and fxiii got them. Wink
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2018 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

fidius wrote:
Last day of Month 1.

150 / 12 mos = 12.5 games per month. Are you on pace?

I'm at 9 -- got some games to play...

I think I am at 9 as well; planning on another 9 this week though that should help to get me ahead.
HandyKaufman

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2018 - 07:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a little confused is there a registration?

I have built my five teams but how do I go about registering them for the event?
HandyKaufman

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2018 - 07:17 Reply with quote Back to top

or are all games in box considered and I just stick to my trophy teams?
Malmir

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2018 - 07:56 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a link in the original news post item for where to register them.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2018 - 07:59 Reply with quote Back to top

HandyKaufman wrote:
I'm a little confused is there a registration?

I have built my five teams but how do I go about registering them for the event?

I believe you just go to the link below and sign up with your 5 unused teams.

https://fumbbl.com/p/boxtrophy
HandyKaufman

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2018 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe I am blind or stupid... but there is no registration option in this link? https://fumbbl.com/p/boxtrophy
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2018 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

There should be a "register a squad" button. I can't see it but I think that's because I have already registered a squad?
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2018 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

GAUNTLET GO!

Your Blackbox Trophy Column, by Blasensky

Well, Blood Bowl fans, we are only just into the second month of Season 2, the Fumbbl Cup is running, and yet, there is so much going on in the Blockbox Trophy! There are still new coaches joining, the number of registered squads just having gone up to 200. Did you spot some old familiar names, thought as good as gone? I sure did.

Meanwhile, at the top, several coaches are past or near the mark of 50 games (one third of the distance) who are making truly impressive runs. The French Armada is still going strong, with last season’s co-champion fxiii at 49 games and a 78 % win rate, silkoun at 50 and 74 %, and most impressively BiBi at 70 games and 81 %. The master of the meta-game, bghandras, is on an excellent run at 57 games and 82 %. Mad genius vicius is sporting 46 games, all played with Slann and Vampires, at 68 %*. Of course, he still has 120 games of Stunties ahead of him, but he is also sitting on 17.5 bonus points from unspent budget, and might be counting on a couple of racial leads, too, so watch out! And last not least, Fumbbl Majors crack Tricktickler might have only played 36 games so far, but his 92 % (!) win rate certainly bears mentioning.

These are some incredible results, Blood Bowl fans, hats off to these coaches who are really raising the bar very high. But don’t be disheartened, coaches. Even if you can’t compete with these top squads, the Trophy is still a lot of fun and a great achievement to have completed. You can always set your own goals, like a top 20 spot or finishing ahead of your best mate! I mean, when you run a marathon, you don’t expect to win it either, do you? There are still more than 10 months left to finish the 150 games, so if you haven’t already: get in there!

*This initially said 77 % due to a calculation error.

Last edited by Verminardo on %b %09, %2018 - %10:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
HandyKaufman

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2018 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
There should be a "register a squad" button. I can't see it but I think that's because I have already registered a squad?

I can't see it either... and I haven't registered a squad...
Christer

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2018 - 14:46
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

It may be a browser compatibility issue. Which browser are you using?
bghandras

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2018 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

smallman wrote:
Box trophy strong advantages peak time zone players who can play the majority of their games vs other box trophy teams ASAP, others much more likely to face more tier 1 teams.

Interesting theory, very well might be. But is it??!

I mean, do you have data to prove it? I am genuinely interested at this. We could make a small sample. Define the tier1 list, tell me how many games did you play in a given timeframe (tell me that timeframe) vs tier1, and how many games against else. I do the same, then compare.

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2018 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
It may be a browser compatibility issue. Which browser are you using?

explorer
HandyKaufman

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2018 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

can I just send the links to my teams to a admin and have them add them to the trophy?
smallman

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2018 - 03:20 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
smallman wrote:
Box trophy strong advantages peak time zone players who can play the majority of their games vs other box trophy teams ASAP, others much more likely to face more tier 1 teams.

Interesting theory, very well might be. But is it??!

I mean, do you have data to prove it? I am genuinely interested at this. We could make a small sample. Define the tier1 list, tell me how many games did you play in a given timeframe (tell me that timeframe) vs tier1, and how many games against else. I do the same, then compare.

This is very obvious logic, and its a bit early to prove with stats, but I guaranteed the % of blackbox games that are with trophy teams will decrease quite a lot over the year.
 Jump to: