29 coaches online • Server time: 09:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2018 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
Sp00keh wrote:
hmm. but if someone can play 150 games several times, they get several chances more than most other people.

I think that's kind of the point. There has to be some reward for playing another 150. How many people are even likely to play 150, never mind 300 anyway?

Don’t temp billbrasky good sir!!!

Now if a coach finishes his 150 games and wants to keep going. Let him form up another 5 team squad and see if he can top his old score. That way it is fair for everyone.

Let’s say a coach plays 600 games. The advantage is he has 4 entries or attempts to improve his score.

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2018 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
I would back a system where anyone completing 150 games earns a ticket for another entry.

For me that would make it more like Cyanide where the people with the most time have the best chance of qualifying. I like the one person one run style.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2018 - 08:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The difference between the cyanide style and this is you can restart any time with cyanide, you don't need to play X games, you don't need to have 5 teams etc etc.

It's not comparable.

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2018 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

If you can't restart your squad, and you can't restart a broken team, it means there is an element of 'gladiatorial purity' about this challenge

Restarting after you finished will diminish that.
Actually its even worse that restarting a broken team, because it is not available to everyone; Only a handful of people will ever be able to play 300 games

Also
Restarting is only of benefit to a small handful of people
For everyone else, it may put them off / make it less appealing, because they know they won't be able to do it
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2018 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to restart after 150 games, maybe instead we should move away from 1-year-seasons
I wanted to continue my previous squad that I didn't finish but instead retired them and restarted

I did like the idea of maybe 4 month seasons, and squads can roll from season to season. Your score is counted in the season you finished

This means you could play a full squad each season if you wanted, 450 games a year
Or you could take 9 seasons to complete it if you wanted, 50 games a year
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2018 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Nobody plays 150 games just to "game the system", especially when it is not even likely to create an advantadge. 150! That thought has little connection to reality.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2018 - 10:53
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Concept under discussion: After completing the 150 game B Trophy season 2, a coach may enter a second squad, with at least 3 differing races.

So, people still have to play every game of the 150, they cant restart. If they enter and quit, no second try.

Limiting 'rinse and repeat' squads by changing the squad composition.

Maybe limit to 2 squads total over the season and/or no repeats of 3 point teams.

To me there is no way to form a squad where you are not adding to the richness of the B environment. I really don't see a problem, or any link to continuing teams season after season. I don't foresee more than a handful of people entering multiple squads, but would you rather those people were not playing? or playing teams not limited by the squad system into having some more 'interesting' choices? You say it may put people off. How? I counter it may encourage people to finish. Perhaps the idea of doing it all again makes people finally get those 7 unplayed goblin games done.

Put bluntly, would you rather someone like me had a second squad of 5 differing races, or played 150 games with dwarves in the box after finishing my trophy season?

Which I might, in order to limit others points. I can be a munchkin like that. I am also not alone.

(I originally had another example 'coach A', but decided its the sort of crap I might do, so used me instead.)

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2018 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Hah you barely finished the 200 games on time last season, PC, how are you gonna do 300? Wink You make a compelling case though.
Chivite

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2018 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I do like the idea of trying to keep people in the cup, as it means more variety for longer withing the box itself, so it does benefit those that have not finished their run yet by encouraging diversity among those that have finished already. I promise to NOT end with 12 squads by the end of the run lads
happygrue

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2018 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:

Put bluntly, would you rather someone like me had a second squad of 5 differing races, or played 150 games with dwarves in the box after finishing my trophy season?

PC makes a compelling case. Seems like a fun idea IMO. I will never be one to go for it, but hey - Box Trophy is really helping the diversity so why not get people playing as much of it as possible?

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2018 - 05:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Last day of Month 1.

150 / 12 mos = 12.5 games per month. Are you on pace?

I'm at 9 -- got some games to play...
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2018 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I got 29, and also played 2x Fumbbl Cup and 2x NAF Online in October, plus the HammaBowl = 6 games at an actual board. I think that is by far the most matches I've ever played in one month...
Dacrav

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2018 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Just registered, my first ever fumbbl event.

I do not expect to do well, regret already my race choices Very Happy
smallman

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2018 - 07:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Box trophy strong advantages peak time zone players who can play the majority of their games vs other box trophy teams ASAP, others much more likely to face more tier 1 teams.
Malmir

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2018 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Well fair to say that two wins from my first ten games, several deaths on several teams and no team with a winning record, was not the start I was looking for.
 Jump to: