51 coaches online • Server time: 14:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wozzaa

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2018 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Can we get a lil logo for the Black Box Trophy? Similar to ARR!

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2018 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I made this team logo for my teams based on one that Fanky made:

Feel free to use it as well Wink
DaCoach

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2018 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Remind me again: How to deal sub 1000 team?
1 game in, my norse have dropped to 890 after 2 ulf casualties.
How to get a game - poosibly to re-start?
DaCoach

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2018 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, I blame the guy above this message for the mess my team is in Smile
ramchop

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2018 - 21:42
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a need for rehabilitation?
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2018 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

DaCoach wrote:
Yup, I blame the guy above this message for the mess my team is in Smile

Since your own message is above that, then I assume you blame yourself Very Happy

whistles innocently
DaCoach

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2018 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

@ramchop, that wouldbe very welcome.
I dont see a fling or gob team end up in same situation, unless they lose a tree or a troll.
SpecialOne

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2018 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

enter a brawl?
Azure

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2018 - 03:29 Reply with quote Back to top

DaCoach wrote:

My skaven ran into a min-max underworld team. No surprise, they cleared the pitch and killed two including rat ogre (he needed the claw+mb to break armor). Certainly annoying start with a team.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2018 - 04:04
FUMBBL Staff

DaCoach wrote:

My Underworld are also at 890 after being beaten up by elves. Oh the shame!

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
ramchop

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2018 - 05:39
FUMBBL Staff

DaCoach wrote:
@ramchop, that wouldbe very welcome.
I dont see a fling or gob team end up in same situation, unless they lose a tree or a troll.

The Bottom Feeders have rehabilitated more halfling teams than any other race. If a tree falls they suffer.

I'll open the doors of the clinic every so often. Box Trophy means the usual lost causes are not euthanized like a typical new team might otherwise be.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2018 - 18:17
FUMBBL Staff

In. And somehow talked myself into Goblins again.

I think it was the prospect of fielding Julian the Ooligan.

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2018 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

GAUNTLET GO!

Your Blackbox Trophy Column, by Blasensky

Ah, isn’t it good to be back, Blood Bowl fans! Milford’s reporting for duty from the Fumbbl Cup, and your man Blasensky is bringing you the hottest news from Fumbbl’s hottest event right now, the Blackbox Trophy, Season 2! After the photo finish nailbiter that was the final days of Season 1, which ended with fxiii and happygrue incredibly sharing first place after 1 year and 200 matches, there was a massive hype around the new season.

More than 50 coaches joined within the first 24 hours, and they went out the starting blocks like mad. Have you ever seen the first few seconds of a triathlon? Just like that. At times there were 5, 6 matches scheduled in one draw. During daytime hours! Meanwhile, one week into the Trophy, we have 143 squads registered and 125 of them have at least one match played. The total number of matches played by the contenders is just short of 1000.

So, a lot of results coming in, but if you look at the standings, you are going to end up confused. Racial leads are still all over the place, mingling with bonus points from unspent budget. Some coaches have already cranked up as many as 40 matches. Has somebody told them the Trophy runs for a year, not a month? Some strong coaches are trucking along steadily in the peloton, biding their time, even some coaches we haven’t seen a lot recently, like Azure or Christer himself! Other potential favourites have not even entered yet (where is happygrue?) Remember, with only three games per week you can complete the Trophy in under a year. So who is on top now doesn’t tell us a lot about who is going to be on top later.

What we can do is we can look at win rate, which is easy to calculate in this scoring format, just neutralize bonus points, divide score by matches played, et voilà. And we can compare it to the win rate of last season’s champions. But was their win rate evenly spread across the long haul? Lower at high TV due to cruel match-ups? Or lower at low TV due to more randomness? Let’s take a look at some hard data: fxiii and happygrue both got exactly 145 points out of their 200 matches, not counting bonus points. That equals a staggering win rate of 72.5 % (with a bunch of tier 2 rosters!) This is some top-notch coaching, folks. Now let’s look at the points they got in their first 30 matches (counting the first 6 of each team):

fxiii - 18.5 (61.7 %)
happygrue - 19.5 (65 %)

So, rest assured, Blackbox fans, the early matches don’t tell us anything at all. Given time, we will see a group of breakaways from the peloton for sure, but it is much too early for that. Until then, come in, come all, enjoy the action! Isn’t it good to see the Box thrive? So say we all.
happygrue

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2018 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

A blast from the past. I'll point out that my starting record was even worse than that. My win rate in the first 15 games was 50%. Several teams, including my humans which ended up with a racial title, had losing records for a while. The humans started 0/2/2 - they didn't even get a win until game 5!

So the point is: a run of good or bad luck can happen anywhere, and early performance doesn't mean you won't end well! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2018 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

nice writing !

i'll try to make checkpoints like last year, but for now i just played 10 games so it's a bit early :p
 Jump to: