20 coaches online • Server time: 08:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tomay

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2018 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the forum thread for Season LXXIV

Links:

Season LXXIV
  • Schedule
    First round will begin on Monday the 22nd of October with a deadline of the 5th of November. Round 7 will finish on the 17th of Decemnber.
    Team Rebuys are to be completed by Saturday the 20th of October at 8pm.
    At the conclusion of this season we will have an extended holiday period break.

• Structure
    We will have 1 Premier, 2 Conference and 1 Regional division(s).

New Rules

• Rollover Bonuses Ammendment
    Starting next season, teams will be awarded a bonus 100k for qualifying for Regionals in the following season, 150k for qualifying for Conferences in the following season and 200k for qualifying for Premier in the following season. Parking teams do not receive a bonus.

• Expensive Mistakes Formula Changes
    Starting next season the expensive mistakes formula will be changed to 50k increment levels rather than 100k as currently defined by the BB16 rules (beyond the initial level threshold). So level 1 will be 100k, level 2 will be 150k, level 3 200k, etc. Please refer to the guide for an updated table indicating the effects of the changes.

Recently Implemented

• Forfeit Games Bonus
  • Wants to Retire Amendment (10 Game Increments)
  • Trial of Blood Restructure
  • Conference Tie Breakers have been made consistent.
    Please refer to our recently updated guide on the league's page.

General Reminders
  • Axing
    PM to the swladmin FUMBBL account by 10pm Monday SWL (Sydney) time if your game has not yet been played. Check out the Guide for more information or check with someone else in chat. Refer to post below for more details about expectations. This is also the method for advising of parking at the end of a season.
    IT IS NOW DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME IN SYDNEY

• General
    Please be aware that we rely on individual coaches to be active in checking this forum, arranging games against opponents (especially if not on east coast of Australia) and in communicating with Admins. The responsibility is on the coach to enquire, not the Admins to inform. Please feel free to ask any questions, anytime.

• Communication
    Please respect each others time and reply to PMs in a timely manner with potential playing times rather than loose commitments. If something comes up and you are late or unable to play, please log in on your phone and send a PM if possible.

Thankyou to everyone who participated in Season LXXIV. Congratulations to Mushoomy for the monster effort of breaking the Kiwi drought in the SWL. His father Ramchop along with Wood Elf brother Sandune took out the Conferences making it 3/3 for the Kiwis. Domination! Bojo showed that Nurgle are still a thing, at least in Regionals.

Last edited by Tomay on Oct 17, 2018 - 01:32; edited 2 times in total
Tomay

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2018 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

The Off Season Season 74
The script has been run: https://info.swl.org.au/post-season/73

Above you will find the rebuy budgets for all team, including yours. For details on how to use the information to prepare your team please consult our re-done guide on the group page or ask for help in discord. please note that the script does not include tier and forfeit bonuses at this stage, they are added manually - see below for a list.

Please prepare your team no later than Saturday the 20th of October and send a PM to swladmin to inform us that you are prepared before readying your team.

Also please note that the TV limit total does not account for Wants to Retire, MNGs or journeymen.

Tier and Forfeit Bonuses
+60k Forfeits
Da Lollipop Guild
Singed Poor Scoundrels

+50k Conference Bonuses
[L] Loec's Loggers
[L] Bronzed Raiders
[L] Da Lollipop Guild
[L] Belfast Black Rats
[L] East Farkner Journeymens Club
[L] Waaaaghton Redskins
[L] Chrimean Chimera
[L] Immortalis Inquietus
[L] Evil Moon Rising
[L] Unicorn Gunfight
[L] TingBuDong
[L] Calithonian Cynegeticus
[L] Phoenix Academy Sharp Shooters
[L] Skye Hoppers!
[L] Beyond the Sunset
[L] Redgum's Rationalists

+100k Prem Bonus
Brewpub
Windlords
Lab Rats
Pugs
Adult Swim
Cryptids
Bravado
Cockfighters

Any questions feel free to PM or ask around in discord. Please get on it ASAP.

Last edited by Tomay on Oct 16, 2018 - 22:29; edited 2 times in total
Tomay

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2018 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Holder

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2018 - 19:00
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

reserved for something
Dlock

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2018 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello.

So, expensive mistakes happen more often and are bigger - is that correct?

- D
mushoomy

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2018 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The Fantasy League is back!
Picture this; Vilot Voom and Wrestlin' Wallace Wakelin scoring you touchdown after touchdown, while Lach Legionellosis and The Ur-Nugget turn the opposition into mush. This amount of SPP can only be found in your dreams... and in the SWL Fantasy league!!!

The SWL Fantasy League is the perfect opportunity to add flair, excitement and passion in following SWL. How does it work? Select 11 players from 11 different teams and watch as they give you their hard-earned SPP. The fantasy team with the most SPP by the end of the season will be awarded the Fantasy Cup (currently held by JPM).

Rules:

-You have a 1200 budget to buy players. A player's total cost is their positional price plus their skill cost.

-You may spend 1250 on your team if you include a big guy on your roster. A big guy includes Trolls, Ogres, Mummies Etc. This number does not increase if you were to choose more than one big guy.

-Rosters may only have 11 players. You can not go above or below this number

-Only one player from each SWL team. For example, you can not have two players from [adult swim].

-Maximum of one position type per race. This means you are unable to get 2 Undead ghouls, but you may get 1 Necromantic ghoul and 1 Undead Ghoul. (Yes, that means if you wish, you can field 3 types of Troll!)

-Players must not be hired if they have earned spp in Season 74 of SWL. This means any player that has earned spp in season 74 is ineligible for your fantasy team.

-You may not choose a player from your own SWL team. This is to ensure full focus on SWL. This also means if you are not currently an SWL player, you may still participate in the Fantasy League.

-MVP's are not included in SPP Total.

The team that has totalled the most SPP by the end of the season will be crowned the champ of the Fantasy League.

Please PM me your fantasy teams ASAP. Deadline is THE END OF ROUND 1 OF SWL. In your PM, please use this format:

Player Name - Cost - Team - Race + Position - Player ID

The longer you wait, the more likely it is that your favourite players will have played their round 1 games so hand those teams in to me ASAP! Please ensure that your team complies with the rules before sending it to me. Let's get those SPP's rolling!

PLEASE NOTE:
Teams are currently undergoing the rebuy process. Some obvious picks may want to retire. Please be aware of this and check the rebuy link to see whether the player you want wants to retire or not.

---

Last Season's Winning Team
JPM
Image Impak (Waaaaghton Redskins) - 34spp in 7 games
Image Baron von Kitemonger (Unicorn Gunfight) - 18spp in 7 games
Image Fritjof the Ferocious II (Jötunheimr Yetis) - 8spp in 7 games
Image Wrestlin' Wallace Wakelin (Belfast Black Rats) - 27spp in 7 games
Image Ku-Klip (Da Lollipop Guild) - 27spp in 6 games
Image Boden Boughfriend (Wildwood Windlords) - 16spp in 7 games
Image Leibniz (Redgum's Rationalists) - 5spp in 7 games
Image Unbaranga (Goonbongburra Windjammers) - 6spp in 7 games
Image Space Ghost ([adult swim]) - 12spp in 7 games
Image Sylvester Clumsyhammer (East Farkner Journeymens Club) - 12spp in 6 games
Image Dorduken (Bronzed Raiders) - 1spp in 7 games
Total:166spp in 75 games

Last edited by mushoomy on Oct 20, 2018 - 04:00; edited 2 times in total
Grod

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2018 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Dlock wrote:
Hello.

So, expensive mistakes happen more often and are bigger - is that correct?

- D

But with a rollover bonus instead. I like the change to encourage spending money rather than simply hoarding until end of season.

Oscar Wilde
Irgy

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2018 - 05:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Haha yeah I got excited about the bonus before seeing it was just offsetting having less treasury. Still looks like a good change overall though, now we can spend a bit of cash early in the season without it affecting our next season, since we hit the EM cap a lot quicker.
Dlock

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2018 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, so all in all positive change. I miss buying players in the middle of the season...
Foad

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2018 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

http://info.swl.org.au/post-season/73/902660

So it says I have to cull 230k... Does that include the 100k premier rollover bonus?

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2018 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Please see second post in this topic for Off Season squad preparation details.

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2018 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello.

Is the 50k bonus included somewhere?

- D
Dlock

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2018 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello.

Also, budget's seem to be similar to season before. Is this going to be the team value range we are planning to continue playing?

- D
Tomay

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2018 - 01:31 Reply with quote Back to top

@Dlock - check the 2nd post, the 50k bonus is not applied through the script, you will apply it manually. At this stage with the bonuses most people have excess cash, we certainly won't be increasing budgets while this is the case and plan to let things settle for a while before we make any major changes. We believe that with the current rosters starting the season there is the good opportunity to play competitive blood bowl with skill required in terms of player positioning, skill choices and roster management.

@everyone. See below for an example of what to PM swladmin to make their life easy.

"ok so heres my team - https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=902738
heres my budget - https://info.swl.org.au/post-season/73/902738
Bonus +100k for prem
I forgot to choose a skill before the script was run (Bad Tomay), so will have to factor that in (+20k) but by my calculations I now have 50k treasury left over and can dump the rest."

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2018 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

OK. Why do my wants to retire players have a N/A against both the roll and required where as some others have the clear number rolled and what was needed.

Personally I find this really unsatisfactory. I understand the need, but having an N/A just sounds like something went wrong. All my players had less than 19 games and therefore should have automatically passed WTR roll on 1s

I can see that a number of teams have his N/A result but plenty don’t, especially a number with players in the 20+ games bracket.

Would an admin please explain as I am confused.