29 coaches online • Server time: 01:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Dodge or +MA
Dodge
31%
 31%  [ 13 ]
+MA
68%
 68%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 41

Tholstrup

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2018 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

This team. https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=893080

Ive scored my first pestigor with a double for being ball carrier. I am not sure whether i should go for dodge first and then hope for MA or i should just take MA and evovle from there.
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2018 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd take Ma personally. They are both good picks though.

But how will you get to Ma8 pestigor if you dont take +ma to get to 7

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2018 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2018 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

MA
Though I'd personally take dodge.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2018 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Move 7 is a great thing to have, so I would go with that.

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2018 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I would go +ma, but it depends on how you play.

If you regularly cage your ball carrier, dodge may be better. As the carrier can only move as fast as their cage and needs every chance to not fall with the ball. Dodge too also allows him to escape marks better. Dodge works better if it's a tourney or short life for the team.

If however you shield/screen your carrier instead of a full tight cage, +ma makes sense. Long term development +ma is the way to go.
Grod

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2018 - 04:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge is great too! Blodge ball carriers are fantastic. Also since you can take mutations, two heads down the line will make him elf like.

Oscar Wilde
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2018 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Rolling a double is more likely than rolling +MA, hence +MA is more valuable, especially for MA 6 ball carrier.
Also, Movement will be used more often than Dodge.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2018 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

That last statement in debatable, because Dodge can work both as an active and passive skill (as in it also helps when being blocked).

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2018 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA for sure. Makes 2ttd much more doable, Will save many GFI roles. Also it will save your ass on defence many many times.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2018 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
That last statement in debatable, because Dodge can work both as an active and passive skill (as in it also helps when being blocked).

Yes but how many times are you going to be blocked/dodge compared to the squares you move in a game? Nurgle is a slow team and benefits a lot from extra MA on ball carriers.
Moreover at mid/high TV Tackle is common (especially with new ruleset) and it cancels Dodge.
Anyway, I'm not saying Dodge is a bad skill, but in this specific case I think +MA is better.
Applulz

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2018 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Cloggy wrote:

Yes but how many times are you going to be blocked/dodge compared to the squares you move in a game? Nurgle is a slow team and benefits a lot from extra MA on ball carriers.
Moreover at mid/high TV Tackle is common (especially with new ruleset) and it cancels Dodge.
Anyway, I'm not saying Dodge is a bad skill, but in this specific case I think +MA is better.

Nurgle usually play at such high TV that dodge is mostly wasted due to there being plenty of tackle present. I'd go +MA.
 Jump to: