48 coaches online • Server time: 20:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Next skill for ST5 leap/wrestle elf
Tackle
58%
 58%  [ 36 ]
Stripball
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
Other option
12%
 12%  [ 8 ]
Pie
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Macavity
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
He should die next game
16%
 16%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 62

mrt1212

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2018 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

What kind of elf? I'd go dodge on AV7 Linos and Tackle on AV8. Let him die doing something important.
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2018 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Outside the box suggestion... Frenzy?

I voted Macavity, even though Tackle is probably most useful.
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2018 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah - dodge
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2018 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Jeffro wrote:

Oh stop it, you're gonna give me priapism. Laughing
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2018 - 02:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I would actually take block on him.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2018 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

We’ll tackle is the choice...that is ok...but do not complain when he gets dragged to the ground on a block result and is fouled into the rip bin.
I warned you

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2018 - 04:53 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Jeffro wrote:

Oh stop it, you're gonna give me priapism. Laughing

Why not Frenzy?
if you get a 2d6 block, you will have pow/!pow and blk to take the carrier down. Add frenzy and you get a second block... I can't do the maths but that works out better then tackle and strip ball.

It's a shame that break tackle would require doubles Wink
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2018 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I see quite a few max/max elf teams around that choose NOT to spam dodge because at high TV there's so much tackle. They might just have a point...

I would get tackle or strip ball. Hard to choose between them.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2018 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
I see quite a few max/max elf teams around that choose NOT to spam dodge because at high TV there's so much tackle. They might just have a point...

I've seen those and I think it is heresy. Sure high bashing teams often have 3-4 tacklers, but true tackle spam is mostly limited to CD, Dwarf, Norse, Humans, and a few Orcs. On most teams, the tacklers will be a couple of dedicated blitzers.

Honestly, in most circumstances 3-4 tacklers is sufficient. It means that you can probably hit important blodgers with a blitz almost any turn you want to do it.

Bash teams often have other priorities before tackle spam on their players. Block, Guard, Stand Firm, Mighty Blow, Tentacles, Claw. When those teams roll doubles or stats it further delays Tackle.

If you play in the box, you will not see much Tackle spam so don't worry about it. If you play in ranked just avoid the spammers.

With this in mind you need to consider your player in question. For me Dodge comes second only to block with all elves. Your opponent only gets one blitz so most elves with dodge should be able to preposition themselves on your turn.

This particular elf may be my exception to my rule. He will be targeted and because he will be in the thick of the melee he will take hits from tacklers. I voted for tackle so that he can maximize his strength and be the hammer he is meant to be for as long as he lasts.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2018 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

yep, a St5 Ag4 Blodger is a rather nasty thing to see on the field. without dodge, one could take the chance to throw a -2db at it

uzkulak

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2018 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

the main point of dodge as an offensive skill is that it shortens the field between where you are and where you need to get to. No team has tackle on 11 players.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2018 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

dodge

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2018 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
the main point of dodge as an offensive skill is that it shortens the field between where you are and where you need to get to. No team has tackle on 11 players.

I accept the challenge

Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2018 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:

Maybe not 11, but is 10 tacklers close enough?

I mean, don't discount that dwarves spam tackle early, often, and easily, and in the current meta, there's no reason dwarves shouldn't have a bench. I mean, a 16 man dwarf team, with all it's positionals has 9 players who start with tackle.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2018 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:

FWIW none of my catchers have dodge on Coca Loca BBL (still in the FC after facing Undead, Nurgle then Wood Elves) but that was never really intentional because I would love to have dodge on them for team building purposes. I simply needed ball sackers en masse more in a short amount of time because I had enough blodge elsewhere but no ball sackers.

I think if I was consistently facing teams with 6+ tackle I might skip dodge more, but I don't so I'm not.

The only place where I can think of high TV games where every team you face might even have 4+ tackle is the NBFL but that's a draft league and different and even then, I don't know how many teams are just loaded with tackle.
 Jump to: