36 coaches online • Server time: 13:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What to do?
Keep on killing and make better pick-up rolls.
100%
 100%  [ 9 ]
Replace the 'Claws' with 'Leader'
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Drop the 'Claws' and replace a linerat with a thrower
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

KhorneliusPraxx

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2018 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Headsplitter...because they said it couldn't be done!

With a final record of 0/2/4...I guess they were correct. Smile

Honestly though...it is always a gamble to go into a tournament hoping to win with an 'ATTRITION' play style.
The final numbers make it look like that should have payed off.
My Foul Peak Befoulers earned MOST CASUALTIES out of all 176 teams.
As a team they caused a whopping 29 casualties!!!
Four of those where single casualties from four different lineman but the other 25 break up like this:
The two blitzers (both had Mighty Blow for the last 4 games) caused 8 total (5+3).
Headsplitter caused 8 by himself.
Our Rat Ogre (with claws in all 6 games) lead the team with 9!

So, what went wrong? I could point the finger at many things, and yes, some of which could have been solved by running a boring 'optimal' team. The biggest problem though was FAILED PICK-UP ROLLS. My team was so excited to cause destruction, they did not want the ball at all.
The Math:
The final numbers for 3+ pick up rolls were 9 success and 12 failures. That sounds bad but in the last two games they failed none and succeeded FIVE TIMES IN A ROW.
That is right, in the first four games (and all four were losses) my rats received the opening kick off and failed to pick up on all four turn-one tries. The final numbers in those four losses were (on all 3+ pick up rolls) 4 success and 12 failures. If you are anticipating picking it up 67% of the time but you only actually get it 25% of the time...that does tend to have an affect on how many times you can score.

Obviously...setting the team up to actually play Offense...or Defense...or, dare I say, BOTH, would help counter some of the problems I ran into instead of just hoping to win by outnumbering. I am determined to take Headsplitter to Austria though. I promised him that he could go and I know nobody else will take him. Smile

That being said I see only three options.
1) Leave it the same, continue to destroy, and know that my pick-up rolls can only get better at the World Cup.
2) Take away the Rat Ogre's 'claws' and give him 'leader' so I will at least have a second team reroll.
3) Take away the Rat Ogre's 'claws' and convert one of the LineRats to a Thrower (and add one to the FF, Coach, or Cheerleaders)

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2018 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought for sure somebody would have replied by now, questioning my sanity. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2018 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

5 votes for a poll without a pie option is already breaking records
 Jump to: