16 coaches online • Server time: 06:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What skill for this passer?
Safe Throw
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Accurate
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Block
54%
 54%  [ 12 ]
Leap
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Pass Block
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Humble Pie
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 22

Kondor

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2019 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

So, this player is 3 SPP from skilling. Hopefully it will happen after the next match. I've never built a dedicated thrower before because running is usually better. So, what would you take next?

https://www.fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=12474305

As a side question, would you leave him on the bench on defense rather than risk his demise? I am torn because this AG5 dodger has won a couple of games for me on defense.
Mattius

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2019 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted block. At mv7 I think accurate is overkill, but depends on your style. Block is great on defense and offense.
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2019 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Does he get hit often? Block.

Otherwise safe throw then block.

Leap is also good. Pass block is not suitable for this guy. Accurate if you love long bombs.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2019 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Block. Block also makes it easier to field on defense.

Then Leap at Superstar and Accurate at Legend, if she lives that long and rolls normals all the way.

I don't think Safe Throw is TV-efficient enough to spend a skill pick on, and Pass Block is only worth it if you play against a lot of ballers. (Even then a single Pass Blocker will often be in the wrong place when the pass comes.)
lautrehamon

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2019 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, strong arm was clearly a wrong pick if you Don't take accurate after that Smile but block/sure hand/leap or safe throw are all better at this point. I would say her main role in defense could be to retrieve the ball in tough spot, so leap/sure hand or leap/block, sure hand at legend.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2019 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
Does he get hit often? Block.

Otherwise safe throw then block.

Leap is also good. Pass block is not suitable for this guy. Accurate if you love long bombs.

There is the question. She is already a huge target. If I choose block I can more safely field her on defense. But still av7...

If I leave her on the bench on defense I lean towards Safe Throw. You cannot always have a clear throw to your target. If you are dedicated to the passing game, sometimes you risk the INT. AG5 and Safe Throw makes intervening models almost irrelevant.

Leap and Accurate are outside picks for me. Leap and AG5 is a nightmare for the opponent. But then I get tempted into taking strip ball later as a sacking option.

Accurate after safe throw because why not pass from your own end zone and score?
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2019 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want a strip ball leaper then you need to build another player.

This guy has 2 potential purposes - a quarterback (safe throw) and ball retrieval (leap) and could potentially do both. Block is never a bad call but I stayed away from it on my best ever thrower and didn't regret it at all.

If your priority is the highest chance of winning then I would argue block is not the optimal skill choice. I would say leap > safe throw > block but I can't produce anything other than anecdotal justification and the reasons are also related to my play style.

Personally I'm taking leap then safe throw at 76spp and accurate at legend.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2019 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
If you want a strip ball leaper then you need to build another player.

This guy has 2 potential purposes - a quarterback (safe throw) and ball retrieval (leap) and could potentially do both. Block is never a bad call but I stayed away from it on my best ever thrower and didn't regret it at all.

If your priority is the highest chance of winning then I would argue block is not the optimal skill choice. I would say leap > safe throw > block but I can't produce anything other than anecdotal justification and the reasons are also related to my play style.

Personally I'm taking leap then safe throw at 76spp and accurate at legend.

Thanks for taking the time to reason it out with me Chainsaw. I think it does come down to play style.

I agree this player will never be the leaping ball stripper. (But it is always tempting right?)

If this player does make it to legend, I think it will end up with Block, Leap, and Safe Throw as the final skills. I just need to reason out the order to take them in.
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2019 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Safe throw - then they can hide behind a screen instead of running into a position to avoid an intercept and opening themselves to a hit, when something goes wrong
NickNutria

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2019 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I woukd love to build a thrower and take accurate just to throw the long bomb at a 2+. Block might be better for survival and safe throw might be more important to get your passes not intercepted, but I would take accurate.

Leap and pass block are always fantastic on ag5, but that would be another role for him: an interceptor not only a passer. I wouldn't take them on this fantastic thrower.
Chivite

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2019 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

i would say sure hands. nothing more sad than elves having that one roll eat their rr on a crucial turn. it also turns her into a more reliable retriever if you pop the ball out from oponent
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2019 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Block.
 Jump to: