52 coaches online • Server time: 19:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2019 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey there, American Timezone FUMBBLers! Have you heard the rumors? Of the bestest league on FUMBBL? Where you can hunt for lost treasures in the Lustrian jungle and face off against the biggest, baddest Secret League teams in the Old World?

If you like the sound of that, then Secret League Americas is the place for you!

Season 7 concluded last week, with Sigmar1's Daemons of Slaanesh, Ecstasy and Agony defeating the reigning champions, MrNomad's SL Shogun, in a thrilling final game to claim the Crown of the New World for the first time. The question now is, will they be able to defend the crown, or will plucky new coaches like you be able to pry it from their hands(claws?)?

Therefore, it is with great pleasure that Sloss-ti, the grand Slann necromancer, officially declares Season 8 of Secret League Americas open for business!

SLA is a round robin league that runs on a weekly schedule. It's open to any coaches who will be available to play in most American timezone evenings (about 00:00 - 07:00 bbtime). The divisional structure tends to be flexible, depending on how many teams we have. Last season, we had two divisions: Lower TV and Upper TV, with 18 teams in total. In the past, we have had 3 divisions, and I will try to go for that, if we can round up at least 24 teams. We will make space for any and all teams that apply. That's right! There is no upper limit to how many teams can play in SLA! Smile

Following the round-robin phase, SLA typically concludes with a final knockout playoff tournament to determine the overall league winner. Last season, the top 5 from the Upper Division and the top 3 from the Lower Division made it to the final.

And (as if that wasn't enough), we also have a plethora of awesome player prizes and lost treasures that can be won, for those that dare to brave the hazards of the Lustrian jungle (check out the booty tab on the league group page).

How to apply:

Established SLA coaches from last season: please confirm by posting in this thread if you are in for Season 8, with which team you are going to be playing, and which coast you prefer (in case we do a split).

For new coaches that want to join SLA: please post here, stating which team you intend to play. Note that only 1 team of each race is allowed in SLA (you can see which teams are already taken on the league's 'teams' page). You will be starting off in a Lower Tier division, so you won't have to face the high-TV monstrosities right away. (You can find more information on the SLA group page, by clicking on the banner at the top of this post).

I will aim to kick off Season 8 as soon as we have a good number of teams ready and willing to play.

Sloss-ti says: get your team in there now - all your friends will be green with envy! Razz

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2019 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Teams we have lined up so far (confirmed teams are in bold):

MrNomad - Northern Nippon - East - 2600
pafootball22 - Engineers - East - 2570
Sigmar1 - Daemons of Slaanesh - West - 2230
Fool - Avelorn - West - 2080
razmus - Zandri - East - 2080
Tzalaran - Border Princes - either - 2050
pdarbs - Rasetra - either - 1810
Kzarik - Clan Eshin - East - 1770
dashergeaux - Kurnous - West - 1760
GotrekSlayer - Nippon - ?? - 1730
Antithesisoftime - Four Nations - East - 1480
lonek - Sons of Stromfels - either - 1460
Arcayn - Hung - ??? - 1280
Xelron - Snakemen - ??? - 1260
JellyBelly - Lahmia - East - new
LegionODD - Daemons of Khorne - West - new
motay666 - Kislev - either - new
capt_cosmo - Ethereal - East - new
Roto - Simyin - East - new
DoodleRacoon - Forest Goblins - West - new
Salad_Bar - Kingdom of Ind - either - new
burnsy87 - Clan Pestilens - East - new
King_Mad - Ka-Sabar - East - new
Bazakastine - ??? - ?? - new

Last edited by JellyBelly on Jun 13, 2019 - 03:04; edited 17 times in total
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2019 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going to be starting a new Lahmia team this season. Clan Moulder at high-TV was just too depressing ... :,(

(East Coast)

razmus

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2019 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

⚰️Dead Men Walking⚰️ (Zandri) will return for Season 8, preferably for the East Coast. (Those wrong coast folks stay up WAY past my bedtime.Smile )

Tzalaran

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2019 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Noricum Nomads (Border Princes) will return. either coast works for me.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2019 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

The Ecstasy will return. West coast/ Best coast ofc.

I had actually thought about starting a new team...but then we won the Championship. I guess I need to try and defend it.

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2019 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Sloss-ti's Logistic Arts will be making a return this season
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2019 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Yaaaay! Anti and razmus are coming back! Very Happy

@Sigmar1: Nice - it would certainly be a shame to see the reigning champs bow out without trying to defend their crown Wink

JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2019 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I've posted the list of teams that we have carrying over from last season, as well as those that have newly applied. As usual, confirmed teams are in bold. Right now, if everyone that played last season stays on, we'll have 22, which is a good number.

Please let me know if there are any errors on there.

pafootball22

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2019 - 04:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Greenies are coming back
MrNomad

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2019 - 05:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Shogun shall return.
DoodleRaccoon

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2019 - 07:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Forest Goblins look like great fun if they are available I would love to play them for the season if you will have me.

Would prefer west coast.

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2019 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

@DoodleRaccoon: yes, absolutely - the more the merrier. We'd be very happy to have you on board!

For you and any other new joiners, be aware that you can play up to 3 open Secret League games with a new team, before the new season starts.

23 and counting so far - it would be nice to see an inrease in numbers from last season Smile

Bazakastine

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2019 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Currently considering my options.
lonek

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2019 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Strong Jaw Bay(Sons of Stromfels) will be back for this season, either coast works.
 Jump to: