57 coaches online • Server time: 21:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What should he take?
Mighty blow
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
Break tackle
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Stand firm
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
+MA
18%
 18%  [ 9 ]
+AV
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Dodge
42%
 42%  [ 21 ]
Sidestep
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Diving tackle
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Pie
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 49

pokrjax

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2019 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

This saurus from Stall Monitors rolled double five for his fourth level.

The team feels like it needs an extra mighty blow and an extra break tackle, but stand firm was feeling like a strong choice too. However now the options are pretty wide open. +MA could be great, dodge goes well with his current skills and a future choice of stand firm or break tackle, sidestep could make his guard/tackle combo really effective, and diving tackle helps him to pin down players more effectively. Never ran a poll before and I'm hoping to concentrate on this team a lot in the near future so would love to hear what the community thinks.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2019 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Either Dodge (synergy with Break Tackle and protection) or Diving Tackle if you want to use the double, otherwise skip and take either Break Tackle or Mighty Blow.
smallman

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2019 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I am big fan of having av10 to mark their main mb guy, really helps you to not lose players. I do lose some respect for people that add pie to polls though.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2019 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

At TV 1750+ Clawmb players are common, though, making AV 10 not so good in my opinion.
smallman

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2019 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

valid point, but i doubt the claw players will be interested in targeting this player
Mattius

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2019 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

pokrjax wrote:
This saurus from Stall Monitors rolled double five for his fourth level.

The team feels like it needs an extra mighty blow and an extra break tackle, but stand firm was feeling like a strong choice too. However now the options are pretty wide open. +MA could be great, dodge goes well with his current skills and a future choice of stand firm or break tackle, sidestep could make his guard/tackle combo really effective, and diving tackle helps him to pin down players more effectively. Never ran a poll before and I'm hoping to concentrate on this team a lot in the near future so would love to hear what the community thinks.

I voted +mv. Movement 7 st4 players are a total pain to play against for most agile teams.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2019 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd either take MA, and plan BT next,
or take SS, and enjoy the troublesome guard
At 1750+, I'm less sold on dodge, because tackle becomes so prevalent.

AV10 is great, until you hit claws, then AV10 is just a waste of a skill
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2019 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

smallman wrote:
I do lose some respect for people that add pie to polls though.

I had to weigh that risk against the commenters who will give no opinion without a pie option, I'm afraid!
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2019 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Saurus have so many excellent normals to take, doubles or stats other than +ST need not apply in my opinion. I voted Mighty Blow.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2019 - 22:10
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

pokrjax wrote:
smallman wrote:
I do lose some respect for people that add pie to polls though.

I had to weigh that risk against the commenters who will give no opinion without a pie option, I'm afraid!

Pie is required for all proper polls. Respect cannot be lost from one source if gained by 100s of others.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2019 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

ArthurWynne wrote:
Saurus have so many excellent normals to take, doubles or stats other than +ST need not apply in my opinion. I voted Mighty Blow.

This.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2019 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd take dodge, because str4 blodger with guard are super annoying and just get better with tackle (and break tackle or stand firm)

I think you could use a saurus with tackle + mg, though.

+MV is cool, but much more usefull on a bt saurus.

I wouldn't take +AV, too many bad experiences with Claws and high rolling fouls...but that's just me.

Side step and diving tackle are certainly good, too, but I tend to take them as second double or later...but both have certainly nice synergy with the other skills on that player
PeteW

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2019 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

So obvs DT. You need it otherwise elves beat you easily. The normal rolls can all go on other sauri to beat the bashers.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2019 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW with the truth bombs.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2019 - 06:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Lord of the side line with ss/block/guard
Lord of the scrum with ss/block/guard
Lord of blitzmarking dodgy types with ss/block/guard/tackle
Lord of getting in the way just about everywhere with ss/block/guard

Ss lets you determine where the beast goes. With the curvy skills he has he's designed to be annoyingly in the way. ST4 side steppers tend to attract just a little less blocks because of the undesirable effects if they don't go down, which beats the remains-standing factor conferred by dodge. Dodge will only be half useful as you won't dodge with him.

Take it from someone with a sidestep Bloater.

ST4 MA6 with those skills is really making this player the ultimate pain in the behind.

Edit: typo
 Jump to: