25 coaches online • Server time: 01:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2019 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Piling On has no effect on the meta at 1000 TV.
delusional

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2019 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Tier 5
Chaos, Nurgle, Underworld, Vampires.
170k for skills
1 player can have 2 skill progressions.

So you can then have a bunch of 6448 vampires on the field with starting skills!
One blodge vamp 40K (maybe pro dodge vamp).
One Thrall with Leader 30K
Then 5x people with block or pro (pro is actually a really great skill for Vamps. It really saves bloodlust.). or maybe +20K thrall with kick, +30K thrall with +av and +50K thrall with +str.

Sure a starting Vamps side is tier 5. But were talking about a skilled side.
High Elves to with 150K vs Dark Elves on 100K. You could have a lineman or Catcher (Eagle something?) with Block and Guard!

The bargains are not in the Tier 1 or Tier 2 sides. Amazon's suck once teams start skilling up! Likewise the Undead tend to be awesome at 1000tv but add those skills on and I don't believe they are as awesome.
delusional

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2019 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

jonno wrote:
Thanks for your replies, all. I had given serious thoughts to taking slann, but I think I'll end up taking skavens. I actually have vampires as well, but four games with vampires seems as potentially frustrating as fun.

@Verminado I'm sure you're right. But what is the correct way to handle him, then?

Don't take Slann, if you think 4 rounds with Vamps would be painful. Particularly if you throw Pro on a few Vamps I think you would cane it. Vamps suck early because OFAB takes over and there is no block/dodge to help avoid burning rerolls. Add some Pro and block to the team you suddenly have Str4 Ag4 beasts.
 Jump to: