18 coaches online • Server time: 06:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Fuel

Post 22 Posted: Sep 29, 2019 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

We have TT league of roughly 16 players. we might have more we might have less.
Problem is that coach level varies greatly. and 2 groups doesnt really work. Cause if someone drops out from top group to lower he dominates it. Top group is not super even too. few coaches are at top almost all the time.
For now we have 2 groups and one cup ko with a one - system(if you lose you still have a chance to win the cup) at the end of season. Next seasons groups are determined by place in cup ko.
i think we need to go for 4 groups of 4 players. but how to determin who goes where? should we do 2 cups? group game mini cup new group games and final cup? how to distribute players? should we determin groups by how well they did in their group or in minicup?

thanks a bunch!
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2019 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not ask the better players to play some of the worse teams? Much harder to be on top playing underworld or vampire.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2019 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

You could do:
- 2 leagues, with relegation, promotion based on record
- swiss style
- double elimination (1st loss does not sends home)
- you could make them draft the races by reverse standing order for next season, so champion gets to choose the 16th best race
So many ideas, i am confident i did not cover all of them.

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2019 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

You (generally) get better by playing more games and by playing better coaches. I'm still far from a good coach but by watching and playing on here I've noticed improvement and am currently top of my groups conference on tabletop based around that. Our league does have big swings in it with clearly better coaches than others but if a player is prepared to learn and improve that's the best way that they are going to.

I'd have two random drawn conferences with a split after the round robin based on conference positioning. You might have a great coach drawn with all the weaker ones but the weaker coaches won't get better by fumbling around making mistakes against each other so the gulf in class will remain that way for longer if they aren't playing better coaches often.
 Jump to: