42 coaches online • Server time: 15:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2019 - 13:09
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe this will help you see.

Since posting first here, on a quiet Wednesday morning, two people have sought me out and confirmed they dont activate if you are on. One has said they do and specifically activate large killer teams to try and catch yours.

Have you not noticed that once you have a game the next 1-3 activation's tend to be a lot fuller?

Maybe the problem isn't so much B, or the population of B, but that that population doesn't want to play you and is finding ways of avoiding having to do so?

TLDR? It's not B, it's you.

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2019 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I've left norse with 3 players with HE before.

And truth be told I'd rather face dorfs than HE with UW. At least I can out run them. Dorfs might beat you up, but elves just force you into bad dice sequences then take the ball.

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2019 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

actually, due to tackle, i find the dorfs force me into worse dice sequences. probably playstyle, because i'm bad, but *shrug* either i sit base to base and lose a player a turn, or i try to dodge without re-rolls continually
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2019 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

1) I agree with smallman that large TV gaps should be avoided in the Box division, as I said in other occasions, and they happened even if I activated many teams across different TV levels (two of my TV gaps happened with HE and Slann, my teams weren't either super high TV cpomb or super low TV minmaxed);

2) I don't agree with smallman about exploiting a known roster design flaw, especially because it either forces other people to abuse themselves or be abused and both things are bad for the division; if abusing a roster is detrimental for the smoothly running of the B division I think that the best course of action is dealing with the issue directly (for example forbidding to play rosters with 0 rrs or with another solution targetting the problem) rather than expecting that the odd TV gap match will induce an abusing coach to stop doing it (as we know he will not stop);

3) I do think that, as long as you activate teams across different TV levels, your chance of finding a close TV match increases.
Agile teams can be played with good results until mid-high TV without being destroyed beyond repair. They will raise and be pushed back, sure, but you can play most of your games with a reasonable win chance (and with the implementation of more inducements this is should be more likely).
smallman

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2019 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I am fully aware ppl want to avoid playing vs my killing teams, hence I offer the ONLY solution which is fix box to promote me to play other teams.

Man some of you say some really silly stuff. Of course I know other teams can be very competitive, but I am not interested in putting time in to developing a team that can just get destroyed in a 1 mil gap game. All this negativity is inspiring me to run dirty player again.
Harad

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2019 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Logical flaws -

ONLY - this is clearly not the only solution.
'fix box' - this implies the box is broken. For some reason you are instead suggesting that to play different teams the scheduler needs to offer you increased incentives to do so (ones which other people don't require), you imply it is not about being competitive, which is fine, but something to do with the ability to build teams and yet many people build high tv teams of nearly all races (except flings and gobbos) relatively easily (Matt D, please don't chime in on this Smile we've been over it before, teams do not explode above 1700 TV Smile );
'some of you say some really silly stuff' - fundamentally true but it implies that you do not, which doesn't appear to be the case
'not interested in putting time in to developing a team that can just get destroyed in a 1 mil gap game' - a )blood bowl is a game of your team being destroyed from time to time regardless of anything else b) if you develop a higher tv team you cannot get destroyed in a large gap games as the large gaps will cease to exist. Either the problem is teams getting destroyed in which case Blood Bowl may not be the game for you, or teams getting destroyed in games with large tv differences in which case it would be wise to build teams to avoid the gaps, or putting the time into a team to develop it to see it destroyed in which case it would likely be wise to just play teams for 15 or so games.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2019 - 15:01
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

There's a timeline problem with your complaint.

there used to be a maximum TV gap, it was changed BECAUSE OF YOU.

When it was there you didnt play any team other than smallkosp, that is why it was changed.

the problem you want changed is you, and you have said you will not change.

your lies and threats are no use here. Stick to lying to yourself.

You say you care nothing for FUMBBL, but have spent 3000+ hours here.
You say that B is broken, yet break it further to prove it.
You say ti discourages variety and play a build that specifically discourages variety.
You claim to care if B dies, but are killing it.

You are man complaining of air quality while using an SUV for a 300 meter run to his kids school.

But at least it's funny as hell when the system you broke penalises you, and you think you have any right at all to complain. The titanic lack of self knowledge is breathtaking.

But then you go further. Explicitly threatening us that if we arnt nicer to you you will be even worse. Your arrogance is flabbergasting, especially as it is based solely on your ability to be anti-social and anti-cooperative and not any ability beyond 'not too bad' at actual blood bowl.

From the worlds best cooperative firework maker to FUMBBL's suicidal, homicidal hate figure. At least you cant be accused of having merely one face.

You are aware BB2 still has clawpomb? Really, they do. You might be liked there.

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2019 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats, now inspired to run DP. Zero logic.
Chivite

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2019 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

can someone tell those of us who dont know what "Running DP" is? I want to start being scared
Harad

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2019 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes! You are right! There is no logic behind threatening something you believe is negative for the community because you perceive someone's criticism of your actions as incorrect.
Thoriin

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2019 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Chivite wrote:
can someone tell those of us who dont know what "Running DP" is? I want to start being scared

Gutter Runners MA 10 DP, so you can foul all pitch
Harad

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2019 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I think he actually just means having dirty players at all. But it doesn't matter, it's a sub optimal strategy and will lead to more wins for the people playing against it. And so I'm not sure it's much of a threat. Not that we should be threatening anyone. But hey ho.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2019 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd transform his small teams into pure snotlings with decay. Like the frog spell from old BB wizards.

Ah, btw, I found a safer and nicer place: [L]eagues. He doesn't play there and I get funnier and fluffier games, it's a win-win.

morehouse

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2019 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Guys... you are trying to argue logic on a moral issue with somebody who is just not a good person. There is no point. He is an opportunistic predator, he preys on people, that's who he is... "The Scorpion and the Frog". Telling him over and over that it is his fault the scheduler is like this, etc etc, it makes no difference to him, he knows this. He is a bad community member and no matter what the rules are he is going to find some way to exploit them because he just likes to ruin somebody's day. That's his fun, making other people miserable. Let's either ban him, or just ignore him other than to laugh when his petty little plans backfire. Reasoning with him is a waste of time.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2019 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

smallman wrote:
ah lol so much negativity. I love playing with agility teams, and have done so a lot in the past, but we have a system that allows agility teams to get crushed by high TV bash teams, and you want me to just change. NEVER going to happen. System forces me to play only 2 killing teams. I am not the problem. If anything single activating high TV bash teams are, but I don't expect individuals to change, futile. I KNOW I won't change unless the system changes, yet you all seem happy to just watch fumbbl slowly die.

My logic is completely flawless. I am the worlds leading authority on Hanabi, a game of pure logic, with over 4000 games of it played.

You're a complete and utter clown. Good thing Nuffle's Bartenders like clowns.
 Jump to: