37 coaches online • Server time: 08:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2019 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder if it's allowed by site rules abandoning a game, then ignoring opponent's and admin's PM with offer to schedule it, then creating a new team and playing in the Box again with the abandoned game not finished.
What about blocking his account till he finishes the game he left first so he can't play other games or alternatively, an admin joins the game he left, concedes it via client so the honest coach's team is not stuck forever by the perpetrator?
Site rules enforcement is really a joke on FUMBBL.
stowelly

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2019 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

How could the site know who is responsible for abandoning the game? what you suggest would also result in you not being able to play a game until its resolved also. or would prevent people agreeing to resume a game at a later date and then playing another game.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2019 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, here I am, my opponent doesn't show up and he's playing another game in the Box. I think it's a solid evidence for the site (also, games are recorded by site).
I don't start new games if I have games to finish, by the way, and my opponent didn't reply to PM, so it's not even a lack of communication fault due to me.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %02, %2019 - %15:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Harad

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2019 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

1) It's up to Christer how he enforces the rules and what he thinks is appropriate. Given that this isn't a rampant problem (it's only happened once to me I think), it suggests that they are doing a good job of applying the rules without killing people's fun.
2) You don't know how it gets enforced. I don't want some kangaroo court where people are publicly lambasted. It's better that it's done discreetly behind closed doors.
3) I don't think this is the appropriate place for this sort of thing. I think it would be better directed in a PM to an admin as a polite enquiry. I know you will think you have done this before but posting it here in such a way doesn't help.

I know that from your point of view Matt this makes perfect sense and is the only way. But understand there are other points of view and some of them lead to very successful models.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2019 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Already used the suggested ways (ticket, PM to opponent, PM to admins) to no avail.
Here we go again, like on December 25th 2018.
As I said then, the incident could happen again, I was right.
Then, I reserve to myself the right to abandon games, if this is how things are handled (it's a provocation, in case you didn't get it).
Harad

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2019 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

No actually Matt it's not. You and I don't know what is being done about it. Lots of things come into play.
Is it the first time this person has done it? They may just be new and not know what can be done. They may not realise they have a game? They may have even decided that they'd rather not play that game and have more fun elsewhere.
So what?
It doesn't matter whether they play or not. It's not an olympic sport.
All that matters is whether their behaviour gets to a stage where it becomes detrimental to the overall good of the site. I'm happy to leave that to admins.
What I'm not ok with is someone coming on the forum and describing as a 'joke' a website which is actually one of the very few things run at a level and in a way that I think is commendable (and I've had the misfortune to see the insides of a lot of supposedly good businesses that are run like a joke).
I wish this wasn't so confrontational but as I say above I find your approach to this quite unpleasant and wish you could see the bigger picture rather than your small piece of it.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2019 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

So if you are new you read opponent's and admin's PM and don't reply at all? Come on...
I thought it could have been due to genuine ignorance, but my opponent is playing a new game right now, so he is in condition to play our game.
You can't abandon a game just because the game is not fun, then concede it if you don't want to play any longer.
I described as a joke how site rules are enforced, not the site, please read carefully.
Got sick and tired of leavers, honestly. Not the first time it happens.

Throweck

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2019 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Then please play somewhere else Matt. I actually avoided your ticket because you don’t let things go. Case proved above with the fact you remember the exact date.

This is voluntary and tickets like yours are a pain in the ass because it’s all about YOU. As long as you get your way it’s all good.
If you don’t like it, vote with your feet and leave!

Heaven forbid we’d want to upset you Matt and your very blinkered views.

Feel free to waste more of the admins time writing a complaint about this reply, I’m sure it will go down really well.

Have you ever made a mistake Matt? Do you give a crap about anyone else?

For me you have two choices...

1) take it on the chin and let the admins do what they do. This is not school. We do not have to tell you what we have done. Grow up.

2) LEAVE!!!

Are you aware of how people view you after such posts?

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2019 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
So if you are new you read opponent's and admin's PM and don't reply at all? Come on...
I thought it could have been due to genuine ignorance, but my opponent is playing a new game right now, so he is in condition to play our game.
You can't abandon a game just because the game is not fun, then concede it if you don't want to play any longer.
I described as a joke how site rules are enforced, not the site, please read carefully.
Got sick and tired of leavers, honestly. Not the first time it happens.

Or maybe he is thinking ‘I’m going to do all I can to avoid playing this guy again’

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2019 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

It's incredible how admins are unable to enforce site rules, but how much aggressive they become with you when you complain about their failure of enforcing them.
In case you didn't get it, I'm the victim of the leaver here, not the trasgressor.
Please save and direct your aggressivity towards the leaver, thanks in advance.
Harad

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2019 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Not replying is impolite on the part of the person. Not the admins fault. And not something I would encourage you to lose sleep over.
Does it matter why they have abandoned the game? No, it doesn't really. If they are dodging people repeatedly the admins can and will take care of it.
Well then I think it is stupid and short sighted to believe that the only way to apply the rules is to do so in a black and white fashion, in a public way and with no flexibility. I have had a few life experiences of policing such systems and always got a better result with tolerance, flexibility and privacy, creating something that was based in principles and the big picture outcome rather than just enforcing the rules. That doesn't make me right. But it should give you reason to think that there are other ways.
I always try to read carefully, in my mind whether you describe the 'site' or the 'enforcement of the site rules' as a joke doesn't matter. They are both extremely negative aspersions passed unfairly in my opinion on the overall experience which is what I mean by the 'site'.
It's the second time it's happened to you in 8 months (and given my experiences I think you have been unlucky). That in itself, should give you some food for thought as to how well the admins are handling such things.
Throweck

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2019 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Matt, you mistake aggression for frustration in this case. I wouldn’t waste my time being aggressive towards you.

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2019 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Throweck wrote:

Or maybe he is thinking ‘I’m going to do all I can to avoid playing this guy again’

How so?
I greeted him at start of the game:"
Hi good luck have fun"
He didn't write anything.
Then at start of turn 5 half 1 my opponent wrote this:

"opponent> shall we do this game some other day
<MattDakka> why?
<opponent> i need to go
<MattDakka> you must have 90 minutes to play a game
<opponent> bye"
and he left, no scheduling offered by him (and I contacted him via PM politely telling my availability).
I wonder how could I have upset him, honestly.
I was nice and friendly with him since start of the game.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %02, %2019 - %15:%Sep; edited 3 times in total
Throweck

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2019 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Throweck wrote:

How so?
I greeted him at start of the game:"
Hi good luck have fun"
He didn't write anything.
Then at start of turn 5 half 1 my opponent wrote this:

"<beastquest> shall we do this game some other day
<MattDakka> why?
<beastquest> i need to go
<MattDakka> you must have 90 minutes to play a game
<beastquest> bye"
and he left.
I wonder how could I have upset him, honestly.
I was nice and friendly with him since start of the game.

Perhaps your reputation precedes you

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2019 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Weird that a guy with 30 games played knows me, am I so famous?
I don't think so.
P.S. delete coach's name to prevent name and shame.

Jump to: