49 coaches online • Server time: 14:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
samu

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2019 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi All,

After 5-6 years without Blood Bowl, I discovered Fumbbl, what a lucky day for me!
I now want to organize a private tournament, but I am not sure how to do, maybe some veterans could help me.

We are in 6-8 people and my idea is:

A) each players will play against each other one or two times.
B) after these matches there will be semifinals and final.

How could I create the right tournament? Should I chose "league" then "round robin"? and what about the finals? should we manually organize semifinals and final? or is already set in the tournament? How should I invite the teams?

Could someone explain me in details each step needed to create such a tournament?

thanks for the support
Samu
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2019 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to FUMBBL!

I never did that myself, so I cant help you much. You do want to do it in the League division though and I think there is nothing wrong with you just playing around with creating a league there and trying stuff out.

Most importantly: you will get much more, better and more fluent feedback on your questions when you join the FUMBBL discord server.
https://www.fumbbl.com/p/discord
Seventyone

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2019 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

discord is a good idea t there is also a lot on here:

https://fumbbl.com/help:CreateLeague

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2019 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Round robin only allows teams to play each other once.

If you really want to play home and away you will need a second round-robin.

You can assign points at the group level so that you can see who is winning the league. You will have to assign those points manually, so most people don't bother with home and away.

For the play-offs, create a KO tournament and only accept those teams that qualify.

If the playoffs are seeded, add 'FILLER' teams to your KO tournament. Then replace the filler teams with your qualified teams to create the matchups that you want.

KO events require a minimum of 4 teams. User the filler teams with a number. e.g. FILLER 2. The team with no number (FILLER) automatically forfeits so cannot be replaced.

Here are some examples

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2019 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for the very quick answers and explanations.
Ok, also I will go for a round robin, then at the end of the round robin I can create the knockout phase with the qualified teams.

Another question. After one match has been played, how it works, should the administrator update the ranking /points / others statistics, or is it already automatically done?

thanks
Samu
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2019 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Before the tournament starts you need to set how many points for win/loss/tie etc.
If it is a straight RR, then the points will update automatically.

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2020 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hijacking an old thread; I see you talked about a 2-match per team round robin so is that still unavailable in fumbbl? I am starting a league next week and as we have few teams we would want everyone to play two games (kind of like home and away). So is there a clean way to accomplish that?
Seventyone

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2020 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

You would need to do two separate tournaments and then add them together to get the final scores. This bit would have to be done manually or by a separate scrip which is what we use in the DLE.