52 coaches online • Server time: 13:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
amazingprizzini

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2019 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been playing a Slaan team, and find them to be crazy fun. Sometimes they do astonishing things, and sometimes my plans blow up in face!

Here is my team: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=936903

And here is my questions- what is the best number of catchers to have on a roster? I have two currently, but is it more to have, say 4 catchers and a 13 fog roster? (And just play 2 of them on defense.)

They play so wonderfully different than most other teams, I was wondering what Mighty Fummble's thought are on this crazy team.
sann0638

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2019 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

4 always imo.

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2019 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I think 3. The way i play them is I develop one sacker, two ball handling slippery ones. They develop fast so having a wrestle tackle strip ball sacker to sacrifice to get the ball on the ground isnt so bad.
Loew

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2019 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

as I understand it, there are two strategies to build Slaan: catcher-based or blitzer-based.

In my opinion catcher-based needs a developed linefrog as sacker, at least I struggle with Str2 sacker.

Blitzer-based is more versatile, can even be a bit bashy, but is very expensive and needs build up/ rebuild phases.

catcher-based needs 3-4 catcher, blitzer-based can work with 1-2 as they are just ball recoverer and carrier here.
amazingprizzini

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2019 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Dauntless is the key to having the strength 2 sacker. If you can get an AG4 frog with guard, you have a chance of reliably breaking cages.

Of course, once your frog team is that developed, you're probably going to be facing cages with some guards on the corners, which puts a bit of a monkey wrench into the plans. Once your blitzes require 3 leaps, it gets very tricky to pull off.
 Jump to: