41 coaches online • Server time: 13:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
smallman

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2019 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Do we know if 2 squads is the limit? This info well impact my race choice for 2nd and 3rd squad.
tussock

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2019 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Four squads is possible, and I believe that was the intent. If you are so keen as to play quite that many box games in a year, and didn't take too many 2-point teams first time up.

EDIT: Lots of ways to make 7 points, in fact.

But you would have to include all the 0- and 1-point teams eventually to make four squads. A 3300 may not score well, but might steal some racial leads. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2019 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Do the score of the squads stack or are they seperated?

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2019 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Completely separate. Best of your squads is your final score.

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2019 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the info on that Christer. In the end a python data call is not long so that works for me.

https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=12127&op=view

Anyway the group is finally up and running. This is the initial version and something I plan on improving throughout the season so keep checking back. Hopefully it will run for as long as the trophy. Feel free to mention suggestions here or by pm. Also thoughts on the current state of play in terms of how races are doing.

Next up will be the cutting out the top 20% of a given race separately. I am curious if the Dark Elves doing mediocre is down to so many of the great unwashed (noting my own are currently 0-1-1) picking them or if even the better coaches are getting more than the 2 points out of them.
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2019 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for that I love all these numbers!

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2019 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice! Very Happy
Strider84

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2019 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Got my first 25 games in:

Dark elves going strong even though losing some players (8/1/0)
Chaos pact are lucky as hell (5/0/0)
Norse are doing pretty good (4/0/1)
Vamps I struggle with, but I have now blodged up 2 which should make things more reliable. (2/2/2)

Overall 19/3/3 which gives me 20.5 + 2 points currently

I expect Chaos pact to drop, dark elves to drop slightly and vamps to improve in the next 5 games.
Christy

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2019 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Updated with the race results so far. Added in how the top 20% do vs the bottom 80% of a race so far. Undead seem to do well no matter who is piloting while the top players struggle to maintain the standard of other races with the likes of Ogre while they are a bit of a better pick for weaker players compared to other potential race choices.

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=12127

Side note: better and weaker players is pretty subjective. So I have taken the top total scores for a race (discounting played 5 bonuses) as the better players for that race. I didn't want to dilute it with 1 played/1 win races being technically a 100% win rate.

So this generally gets the better players but you can notice Lizardmen has a far better win rate for the "bottom" 80% than the top 20%. Guessing the top 20% get in to that rating simply due to more games = more wins.

I think it should fix itself as the season progresses but if as ever feel free to suggest fixes!
Wozzaa

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2019 - 03:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know how hard it would be to do, but it'd be awesome if you could see racial tables as well as the full table.

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2019 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Just finished my first squad. The bar is set at 84 points ignoring racial leads. Hoping that will be a top ten score. Quick summary: my underworld were a lucky team, my dwarves were an unlucky team, my Amazon had average luck and my gobbos were gobbos. Gobbos were a lot of fun to play but I'm ready for a break from them. I'm sure ogres will be far more restful...
fxiii

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2019 - 09:07 Reply with quote Back to top

congratulations, great score !

impressive UW record ! my squad will be far from this score, i hope the second one will be more successful Wink
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2019 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice score Malmir and nice stats Christy! Smile I knew I should have taken Undead but I just fancied Chaos Dwarves. Let's see if I can improve those stats a little...
smallman

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2019 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Also finished first squad, was fun. Surprised to see so many human teams with only 1 catcher, I love them at only 60k cost. Pulled off an amazing amount of OTT with them and my dark elves. My dark elves NEVER got a single double skill sigh, brutal. My underworld were very unlucky, decent luck for my other teams. Played as much as I could to try and mostly play vs trophy teams, before people perform badly and lose interest. Didn't really work, as I averaged playing vs a tier of 2.12 overall, average would be 1.75. Biggest TV gap was neg 170k, mostly due to me activating other teams to protect from those unfair 1mil tv pairings.

I feel sorry for people that can only play in off peak, expect they will vs a much higher tier average, and bigger TV gaps. Will start a separate thread for people to post their end results. Prefer any related comments go in this thread so its easier to look over results. Feel free to post your current results in this thread though.

I think next season box would thrive more if trophy teams get priority to vs other trophy teams, so annoyingly hard teams to beat like smallkosp mainly only get to play vs non trophy teams.
fxiii

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2019 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

congratulations for your score, an interesting stat to add may be "strength of schedule" like CR of opponenets maybe, maybe if this rating is irrelevant (on 100 games, 25 superstars 5 legends and 70 emerging star for example)might be quite long to find but maybe some data diggers can do it in a second Smile
 Jump to: