47 coaches online • Server time: 14:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2019 - 01:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Takes a RR or even pro to use it? That sounds ok to me.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2019 - 02:43 Reply with quote Back to top

It's most always not worth a reroll. It could a consideration to stack it with Pro. But then two skill slots are taken away which could be used for other rewarding skills.
A Beastman:
Block, Mighty Blow, Claw Tackle, + Piling On + Pro (or better first Pro, then Piling On).
So you have to build up a Super Star at first to take Pro which is not that ideal at that time and collect 100spp more to finally get Piling On, which works only 1/2 the time multiplied with only 40% of the time where a Blitz is successful. That is one accomplished Piling On per half in my view.

Frenzy, Prehensile Tail, Stand Firm, Juggernaut, Guard all look more preferable under the new ruleset.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2019 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos and Nurgle require a Super Star, although Tackle could be skipped in order to get Pro sooner.
What about Chaos Dwarfs?
They start with default Block and Tackle, so just a double is required, then Mighty Blow, Piling On and Pro, that means 51 SPPs, 31 if Pro can't be used to pile on.
Although I don't think Pro could be used for Piling On if they stick to the current rule.
Anyway, if they introduce again Piling On, it will be a step towards worse games.
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2019 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Chaos and Nurgle require a Super Star, although Tackle could be skipped in order to get Pro sooner.
What about Chaos Dwarfs?
They start with default Block and Tackle, so just a double is required, then Mighty Blow, Piling On and Pro, that means 51 SPPs, 31 if Pro can't be used to pile on.
Although I don't think Pro could be used for Piling On if they stick to the current rule.
Anyway, if they introduce again Piling On, it will be a step towards worse games.

If it costs a reroll I don't see the issue. There is a hard cap how much it can be used in that case, preventing spamming of it.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2019 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Re-rolling Piling On on a key player like a Tomb Guardian, an Ogre, a Saurus may be enough to affect a game.
Sure, it is not like CRP Piling On galore, but still has the potential to dumb games down to sheer dice rolling.
Also, there is no risk apart from wasting a rr, so if it's late in a drive and you have rrs left you can PO mindlessly.
FRSHMN

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2019 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Having to use a reroll to pile on means, you will only be able to pile on once per Turn. Still a softer version than in CRP.
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2019 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

From JYT -
Quote:
The intent is more clear in the A5 rulebook is all. Nothing has changed in this book, but I did take the opportunity to address some of the most frequently asked of frequently asked questions by tweaking little bits.
Might Blow is a good example, it now states in the text that you choose to use the skill or not after the roll has been made.

Take from that what you will. Sounds to me like PO is no longer listed as "optional" in the new handbook. But its meant to be...

really wish they had someone proof reading this stuff....

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2019 - 15:45
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

Surely, it's better to have typos so you can release more supplements later to correct things! Smile
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2019 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Garion wrote:

Surely, it's better to have typos so you can release more supplements later to correct things! Smile

haha when you get to your 4th version of the rules for the same edition and you are muddying rules further there is a problem.

sounds like there is optional PO and double optional PO though Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2019 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

...man...but it's been decades...they'll never learn will they?
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2019 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Can we have "optional" +2 DP and RSC too? Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2019 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I look forward to making halfling teams that get piling on for doubles then. Time to steal those rerolls and use them in a dramatically and terrible fashion.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2019 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.facebook.com/219720111727104/photos/pcb.963631444002630/963630307336077/?type=3&theater

The penultimate picture of this shows a 'coming soon' which I wonder if it might be the 'new' rules. If so it really does look more like bundling them together than a true update. But what do I know.
bigf

Post 10 Posted: Oct 07, 2019 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

You good sir, win the interewebs with this idea

quote="DoodleRaccoon"]Well I look forward to making halfling teams that get piling on for doubles then. Time to steal those rerolls and use them in a dramatically and terrible fashion.[/quote]
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2019 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
Does this mean players with double Juggernaught will get their skill back? ;P

Asking for a friend.

Missed this. Very Happy
 Jump to: