29 coaches online • Server time: 01:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Foad

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2019 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Sigmar1 wrote:
Does this mean players with double Juggernaught will get their skill back? ;P

Asking for a friend.

Missed this. Very Happy

The trick is, if they then take Piling On, and then Piling On gets banned again... Do we get triple Piling On?

Also are there any players out there with double Claw (from RSC LRB4 nerf) *and* double Juggs?

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2019 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally think bloodbowl is in a golden era right now where it's as close to being balanced as it ever has been due to the new rule set. I think if PO is to return, even in a weaker form, i am nervous it will bring back some no go areas when it comes to team value.

Ultimetely they've done well so far so i'm hopeful any changes to the rules will be sensible. GW want to make money and i'm sure they are quite aware that losing player base and selling less models due to poor rule choices makes no sense.
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2019 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Mattius wrote:
I personally think bloodbowl is in a golden era right now where it's as close to being balanced as it ever has been due to the new rule set. I think if PO is to return, even in a weaker form, i am nervous it will bring back some no go areas when it comes to team value.

Ultimetely they've done well so far so i'm hopeful any changes to the rules will be sensible. GW want to make money and i'm sure they are quite aware that losing player base and selling less models due to poor rule choices makes no sense.

I think there is little to worry about to be honest Matt. It can only be used once a turn and excessive rerolls results in huge bloat. Certainly the old clawpomb had controversy but the new one I feel is fine.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2019 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't find the new ruleset so balanced.
Piling On removal has been a big improvement and the best change, but there are still many other rules to change and some rosters should be tweaked to really improve the game.
Re-adding Piling On, even with team rr requirement, would be a step towards dumbing down the game.
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2019 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

BB is never going to be balanced over all environments.

"The commissioner's word is law".

I don't see why PO has to come back just match the "official" rules. Cyanide has a horrendous ruleset and they still do more games than us.

If it looks right, bring it back. If it doesn't, don't.
If you bring it back and it turns out to be a problem. Dump it again.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2019 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
I don't find the new ruleset so balanced.

Matt you think chess is unbalanced because white goes first Wink
I know what you mean, this is just pulling your leg.
Christer

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2019 - 15:43
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

And just to be clear here:

My goal with FUMBBL is to have it follow the most current ruleset available as closely as I can. I will wait until I get my copy of the Head Coach's Rules and see what the wording is. If PO is moved back into the official ruleset, then so be it.

Until that book is officially released, PO is a strictly optional rule and not part of the core rules as far as I'm concerned.

This obviously assumes the book is solid and doesn't contain clearly unintended changes. We'll find out soon enough.
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2019 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The commissioner has spoken. Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2019 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Everyone needs a piling on player now to be ready for t16 use, just before the foul.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2019 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

The new PO is worth having in a league environment, especially divisional leagues where attrition is a major factor. I wouldn't take it in Ranked or Box.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2019 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

New lizard star got PO.
Grod

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2019 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Question: If you use Pro to reroll piling on, but the Pro roll fails, does the attacking piling on player still become prone?

Oscar Wilde
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2019 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

You cannot use pro. Why do people insist on this nonsense?

Pro is used to reroll dice - (1) you have not rolled any dice until you actually use piling on, which requires the team reroll (2) Pro itself cannot be used to reroll AV, injury or casualty dice, thus cannot be used instead of the team reroll.

It is a non-starter unless the rules are further changed.

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2019 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

So it looks like it's now official that pilling on is no longer optional. I'm guessing still that wardancers being mv7 was a mistake. Should be interesting to see!
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2019 - 06:31 Reply with quote Back to top

The World Cup allowed Piling On with a RR and I played Chaos in the fumbbl warm up tournament here and had a ClawPOmb minotaur. In the 6 games I played with Claw/PO combo I reckon I used it 3 times. Rerolls are precious.

I then went to Dornbirn and didnt bother with Piling On and the tournament wasn't the ClawPOMB fest that some people said it might turn into.

I think the RR version of PO is fine. You have to remember that Claw is only effective on a percentage of opposing players (AV8+ only) and if someone wants to burn TV bloat by having extra RR's and investment in a ClawPOMB player I don't have an issue with it.

You also have to remember the official rules are for finite tournaments/seasons and the perpetual play in fumbbl isn't "the norm".
 Jump to: