20 coaches online • Server time: 01:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Buu88

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2019 - 07:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Been away for a little bit and have some more time and want to get into a league that is hopefully starting soon.
Roto

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2019 - 07:42 Reply with quote Back to top

What timezone are you mate?

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2019 - 07:52 Reply with quote Back to top

PST im in the US.
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2019 - 08:28 Reply with quote Back to top

BSL probably has another season starting soonish...

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2019 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you have a link where I could apply?
badger89

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2019 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=3449&op=view this will the WIL league
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2019 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

WIL is a great league but timezone could be an issue for someone on PST.

A list of leagues and groups is here.

How about something Secret? Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2019 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

PST? Yay! Me too, and so are lots of coaches in the NBFL and NCBB. NBFL is a NFL spoof, NCBB is a NCAA spoof. NCBB players play 4 seasons and graduate, to be drafted into the NBFL.

The NBFL is invitational. You have to earn a seat, or get lucky on the waiting list when the right coach drops. But the NCBB is for anybody, and a new season will be starting soon. Both leagues, as well as BSL, SLA, DLA, and CBFL, are members of the FUMBBL League Community of the Americas, which you should also join in order to receive periodic announcements and stuff.

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2019 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

This list should also be a mostly up to date list of active leagues.

As JAR says, NCBB should be starting a new season pretty soon... it's currently in Bowl games. After the bowls are a few weeks of administration, and the new season will start up... and there is one conference of all new teams every season.

As MrCushtie, Badland Survival League is winding down on season five. They'll have a two round playoff after that. They do divide into tiers as well, but the lower tier will have established teams as well.

Koadah mentioned Secret League America which is more fun than a barrel of monkeys. But then, we've packed barrels with Simyin after games before. Truth? Barrels of monkeys = not much fun. The SLA is fun though, but currently in the first third of the ninth season, after which there is... as I recall... a three round playoff. I'd say it's a little while before season ten, but there's always the possibility a coach from the lower tier will drop. New teams are allowed to start with three games of open play before their first season.

One additional option, the Secret Isle of Misfit Teams is starting up it's first season in the first week of January. It's there to accept existing Secret League teams, and will divide into tiers/divisions depending on the number of teams which show up for the first season. It's for coaches from all time-zones, but has two week rounds with the hopes that nearly any two coaches can get together if they have two weeks. The initial season is planned to start the first week of January.

The SIoMT is on the other side of the island from the Isle of Misfit Teams... which is also an option... (all timezones, established teams from the [L]eague division) but it's only half way through season four, with a four round playoff, so season five likely won't start until early May, 2020.

Spunn

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2019 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd also like to join a league - UK time zone. Any advice?
jdm

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2019 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Spunn wrote:
I'd also like to join a league - UK time zone. Any advice?

CIBBL is predominantly European coaches and one of the largest leagues on the site. Comes highly recommended

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2019 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll second the recs for NCBB, Badland Survival League, Secret League America, and CIBBL. I play in them and they're great leagues with loads of community fun.