52 coaches online • Server time: 13:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2020 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

And the RSL is underway! All Round 1 games are now complete and a lot has happened already: https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=12292&p=tournaments

In the first game the Gouged Eye came screaming out of the blocks as if they had only just finished the last Blood Bowl Final. The All Stars were hammered from the start, with the foul appearance of 'Acid-scarred' Max no deterrent to equally foul orcs - dead on the first LOS! Others quickly followed into the casualty box including Sark Four-eyes and the goblin Dirty Dan. However the hypnotic Snake Sanders was in good form and enabled Morg to charge through and sack the ball-carrier, and the Eye only just about scored at the end of the first half. Second half the All Stars were badly down on numbers but managed to score a nice TD, with Duke Luthor making a great pass from deep to Morg on the LOS, who in true Morg-style promptly smashed through everything and left a trail of greenskins all the way to the endzone! It wasn't to be for the All Stars though as the Eye charged straight back to end it 2-1, captain Hurka da Fist scoring both TDs and black orc Borag Toofrippa taking two casualties.

Game 2 was another bruising encounter as the Skavenblight Scramblers took on a nightmare opponent - the Nurgle's Rotters in the pouring rain! The Scramblers showed promise in the first drive, slipping many of the Rotters and making a big screen push up the left wing. However the Beast of Nurgle was able to get free and wrap his tentacles around the ball carrier Rasta Tailspike before he disappeared up the wing. That proved to be curtains for the Scramblers and the Rotters drove in for two touchdowns and three casualties, captain Ba'phis Bad-stream staking his claim on the blocking charts with two casualties.

In the final Round 1 game the Underworld Creepers came up against the Elfheim Eagles. The Creepers made a strong start and took the lead with a TD from their buccaneering blitzer 'Fast Draw' O'Gore. However after that the Eagles took over in both the scoring, and strangely the blocking stakes. Harelyon Tallhelm ran in two TDs and Forleon Summerdraft another; strangely a third catcher Oderean Highreach managed two casualties to boot. Grograt Crunchskull had a disappointing game and spent much of the match looking bemusedly at his old uniform, the big skaven lineman 'Fat' Brainsplatter unfortunately lived up to his name with a messy death and goblin Stickpig Main promptly followed him. The Creepers will be hoping the claws of Grograt and Split Tendoncutter are more effective in their next game against the Rotters!
nobbynobbs

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2020 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

when a space pops up, can i play the bright crusaders please Very Happy
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2020 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok no probs Nobby - they are reserved for season 2!
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2020 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there an actual roster for The Hobgoblin Team? I would play them just to see if I can muster a draw Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2020 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Haha that is a great shout Dalfort! No there isn't an official roster for them but would be happy to make an exception in this case - after all they are so useless it would just start out as a line-up of unskilled hobgoblins, and they could be complete rookies as according to the fluff the last lot have probably forgotten to even turn up again! I'll reserve them for Season 2, if you are crazy enough to roll with that and stacks of inducements?! The official sponsor Rabidass will even make them some boots with Velcro instead of shoelaces, so they can keep turning up to games Very Happy

(P.S. A complete aside but according to the old fluff The Hobgoblin Team is famous for only one other thing, and that is building three stadiums. The first caught fire, the second fell over, and the third caught fire and then fell over Very Happy)
GAZZATROT

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2020 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Haha!

Great write up D.D., keep up the good work.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDeath wrote:
Haha that is a great shout Dalfort! No there isn't an official roster for them but would be happy to make an exception in this case - after all they are so useless it would just start out as a line-up of unskilled hobgoblins, and they could be complete rookies as according to the fluff the last lot have probably forgotten to even turn up again! I'll reserve them for Season 2, if you are crazy enough to roll with that and stacks of inducements?! The official sponsor Rabidass will even make them some boots with Velcro instead of shoelaces, so they can keep turning up to games Very Happy

(P.S. A complete aside but according to the old fluff The Hobgoblin Team is famous for only one other thing, and that is building three stadiums. The first caught fire, the second fell over, and the third caught fire and then fell over Very Happy)

Awesome, I'll find some suitable names Razz

Edit: I have copied the history from the 2nd Ed rules handbook, it says that they are the most popular team due to the unbridled violence they bring so I gave them 9 FF I am sure this will diminish quickly enough Smile

Post   Posted: May 18, 2020 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd been keen in taking on a team for Season 2 (eyes on Champs of Death, Nightmares, Crater Gators or Avengers).

Plus, I've been compiling some 'canon' data in this spreadsheet, which is open to everyone;
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sUMR0mXn4Cw-Dv0DvAmK-EZUHRRPZI6c/view?usp=sharing

Rosters for 21 top teams, if useful (along with other random info).
Apus

Post   Posted: May 18, 2020 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice source of info. I am playing Gouged Eye at the moment - but they've been a little trashed. Lost some very key players. Probably choose another team for next season.
steinerp

Post   Posted: May 18, 2020 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll take the Comets at the next season as the odds of a high elf team getting a current roster are low. No idea as to what the Comets roster looks like however
DrDeath

Post   Posted: May 27, 2020 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the interest guys - Wilson if you want to choose one of those I'll reserve it for you! We are now entering the last round of Season 1 (which will finish in a fortnight), so if anyone else is interested please let me know.

A lot has happened since the initial update, and Season 1 is heading to an exciting climax. The Gouged Eye have swept all before them, and then booted the hell out of everyone on the deck for good measure. Only the Elfheim Eagles in second place can stop them - and appropriately it will go to a final round showdown and a repeat of their recent Blood Bowl Final. Only a win will see the Eagles take the League title; any other result and it goes to the Eye. But no team has dished out more punishment than the Gouged Eye, and no team has taken more injuries than the Eagles, so those elfs had better bring their dancing shoes!

Some big names have fallen since the last update, most notably the Raiders' Captain Grishnak Goblin-Throttler (slain by fellow orcs the Gouged Eye!), and the skaven with the deaths of Glart Smashrip and Split Tendoncutter… Well I guess you could say Split has actually made a big transfer to the Rotters, but he doesn't look quite as dynamic these days! Along with the Eye and Eagles, the Rotters and All-Stars will round out the top of the table and both look like strong future contenders, the Rotters with a solid bash/holding game and the All-Stars... well they have Morg, the hypnotic Snake Sanders who makes some great gaps for him, and the amazing goblin Dirty Dan! The Orcland Raiders look like they will progress too after starting with a slightly less experienced team than the Eye, although they have recently lost Captain Grishnak Goblin-Throttler. The Skavenblight Scramblers and Underworld Creepers have both taken an absolute pummelling, although losing some suspect goblins and linerats from their starting line-ups may yet prove to be a blessing for them! Scramblers' fans can at least hope for bright things from their four-armed, two-headed thrower Tarsh Surehands - who just rolled +AG and became amazing - and the Creepers still have the mighty Grogat Crunchskull.

With a game to go there is only one candidate for the individual basher of the season and that is Gouged Eye Blitzer Borag Toofrippa, who has inflicted a terrifying 11 casualties in 5 games! The top scorer at present is the Eagles' Catcher Forleon Summerdraft, closely followed by his fellow Catcher Harelyon Tallhelm and Eye Captain Hurka da Fist, who are both on 4 and also have a game to play. No surprise on the top passer so far - the Eagles' Thrower Jorral Brightarm with 7 completions, including some desperate last-ditch bombs to his few surviving receivers!

The League will finish within a fortnight, and then we will take a short break before running Season 2. So if anyone else wants to join in soon please post here and I'll book your chosen team - first come, first served! If you don't know details of the rosters then don't worry - I can share these, and can also help you set them up with all their starting skills.
DrDeath

Post   Posted: May 27, 2020 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to add Steinerp - no problem I can forward that roster to you and help you set it up, and have reserved them for you on page 1!
GAZZATROT

Post   Posted: May 27, 2020 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Apus wrote:
Nice source of info. I am playing Gouged Eye at the moment - but they've been a little trashed. Lost some very key players. Probably choose another team for next season.

I'm coaching Gouged Eye, you're the Orcland Raiders

Smile

Post   Posted: May 27, 2020 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

if there is still space put me down for Gwakamoli Crater Gators (Lizardmen) (Spike)
Jaskier

Post   Posted: May 27, 2020 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Apus wrote:
I’ve been looking on line for legendary Bloodbowl teams.

I found this list: https://blood-bowl.fandom.com/wiki/Teams

Not sure if it’s useful.

I have done a list much bigger than this with better specified races
 Jump to: