44 coaches online • Server time: 18:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Gnoblar

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2020 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
I'd be tempted to add disposable to them. No hands, twitchy, and Str 1 makes for VERY little it can do, even if it's agi 4, stunty, and leapy.

I considered this too but the zap spell doesn't have it because obviously the player is still important even if a frog. The same with if they were rostered because they are apprentices but if we are using them as a raised positional disposable would make loads of sense.

Disposable will be added as they are currently a raised position and yea av4 makes them super vulnerable.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2020 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

No matter how you get them or how many you have access to...why would anyone EVER field one on their team? They'd just be fired immediately to clear the roster space or lower the TV.

The zap spell forces one of your opponents players to be a frog for a drive. I don't imagine anyone ever fielding one by choice.

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2020 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
No matter how you get them or how many you have access to...why would anyone EVER field one on their team? They'd just be fired immediately to clear the roster space or lower the TV.

The zap spell forces one of your opponents players to be a frog for a drive. I don't imagine anyone ever fielding one by choice.

Gamesetlmatch loved them: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?id=951618

It's more a quirky fun thing then a total competitive thing and it fits the fluff perfectly and it's already involved in the core game.

But even with that said a 2+ dodge with reroll everywhere for an assist can be super useful, mark up the ball, assist, foul...

Plus if they have disposable and can't be bought aren't they just free with no impact on TV...?

Also massive thank you to Fanky for letting me use his frog icons! I would like a few more frog icons so if you fancy making one please do!

Last edited by Gnoblar on Feb 20, 2020 - 02:49; edited 2 times in total
Gnoblar

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2020 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

A few of the test games raised that a star player for around 50/60k would be useful for the roster and seeing as most of the current ones are bombers I decided to create my own just for fun and because I'm loving the frogs!

Kermit 'Prince' Grenouille - Star Player

6/2/4/5 Loner, Dauntless, Regeneration, Dodge, Leap, No Hands, Stunty, Titchy, Very Long Legs, 60k

Kermit Grenouille was a star Bretonnian Blitzer and heir to a large dukedom before he insulted a powerful Arch Mage who promptly turned the arrogant Prince into a regenerating frog. He is unable to return to his native home to take up his rightful place as Duke due to his legs now being a delicacy and which, thanks to his regenerative powers, could be exploited in endless supply! As such he now travels and plays for the Mages teams in the hope that one day a wizard will take pity on him and return him to his former glory.

But in other news I will be hosting a wider Open Round Robin for people to play the roster. The test games we've had have been super fun and crazy. If you want to be involved or just give the roster a try please create a team and join the MAGIC group here: https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=12266

Last edited by Gnoblar on Feb 20, 2020 - 12:19; edited 1 time in total
Frylen

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2020 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

A take on the amphibians:

Frog

Coermitte "Prince" Grenouille

(the original frog icon is fankys work and the other icons are based on the original one)

Last edited by Frylen on Feb 20, 2020 - 10:44; edited 1 time in total
Gnoblar

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2020 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Can I please take this moment to thank Frylen for his amazing work, not just on frogs but on the whole team. His artwork and icons have captured the feeling of the team perfectly and they are so much better than I possibly imagined. They have helped motivate me in creating this team and have made them a joy to play so thank you mate Smile

Coermitte - that's now a thing.

Last edited by Gnoblar on Feb 20, 2020 - 10:45; edited 1 time in total
Frylen

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2020 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

You are welcome! I hope the roster will be appreciated among the community Smile
Gnoblar

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2020 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

A few people have asked me about the roster title of Human Mages/ just Mages and why it isn't something more exciting like Wizards Guild or Colleges of Magic.

The name comes from Lore of Nuffle and Nufflepedia where the Timelords are listed as Human Mages and the Mirkheim Mages as just Mages. I therefore went with it just to stick along with that because I was very clear that I wanted to tie this team in with the already created blood bowl universe and previous fluff.

I think Human Mages works because it aptly describes the roster. I do however really like the positionals being called Wizards as it implies that when they retire (mainly through an injury) they then become inducement game wizards which is the idea I wanted to put forward.

However I should make it clear that I don't intend this to be a gateway to elven Mages or dwarves runesmiths! As made clear in the OP fluff only College of Magic sanctioned and licensed human wizards can play on the blood bowl pitch.

I hope you enjoyed this edition of Gnobs Rambles.
Gnoblar

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2020 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Frogs will now gain swarming to allow them to play and to give them more reason to be kept on the team
 Jump to: