31 coaches online • Server time: 09:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2020 - 18:51
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

As a bit of a lessons learned from the NAF Live tournaments run this weekend, I've added a couple of features for tournaments:

- League Staff can now swap teams in RoundRobin and Swiss tournaments
- Added an indicator to the schedule page if a match is currently running

In addition to this, I have done some cleaning up of a deprecated way of doing no-progression tournaments. Teams will no longer have the option to disable progression on creation, and you can no longer set tournaments to non-progression. Both of these are now controlled by rulesets.

Leagues using tournaments with no progression should transition to a custom ruleset instead.
sann0638

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2020 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, thank you. A huge QOL would be the ability to see coach names instead of team names in the draw?

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2020 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

A nice mouseover showing coach, race, TV would be lovely. Especially for KOs. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2020 - 09:45
FUMBBL Staff

We needed a new fireplace and Mantel installed in our living room, this meant knocking out the current brick fireplace, removing the mantelpiece from the wall, re-plastering the area, sorting the hearth, and attaching the new wooden mantelpiece, fitting the new stone back-plate etc. etc. etc.

A big job, beyond me really. But i sat down with you tube, learned and watched, bought the few additional things i needed (8lb sledgehammer, fun!) and over the course of my time off over a long and stressful week, presented the wife with a pretty epic new fireplace that has so far (2 years, no issues, cross fingers) done everything one could ask. Allowed fires without the house burning, not fallen off, looked good.

I was pretty chuffed, it was hard work, it was exactly what we wanted, and I had done it.

Within 12 hours she was asking when I was sorting out the repainting of the front of the house, previously unmentioned.

One day you complete the list, then it turns out there is another list. There is always another list.

Thank you for the improvements Christer. Now, can I have a unicorn?

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2020 - 09:49 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks christer for your never ending support. It is truly amazing.

sann0638 wrote:
Cool, thank you. A huge QOL would be the ability to see coach names instead of team names in the draw?

This I have stumbled about a couple times as well when I wanted to identify some juicy pairings in the NAF tourneys. Luckily after round 1 you can ususally just go top down in the ranking Table.
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2020 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
One day you complete the list, then it turns out there is another list. There is always another list.

No, no. It is the same list that just grows and contracts. Or maybe it is more like a stack. Or perhaps even a tree. Mr. Green

A dev's work is never done. Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2020 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, my line is data analysis - produce 30 different cuts of the data, and then someone says "what about if..." https://public.tableau.com/profile/mike.sann0638.davies#!/vizhome/NAFGames_0/Cover

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2020 - 15:03
FUMBBL Staff

If you don't ask, you often don't get what you want.

There may be an update on the rendering of the tournament schedule...
Christer

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2020 - 15:12
FUMBBL Staff

As for having coach names rather than team names front and center on the tournament view, it's a matter of team identity and an extension of the overall policy on the site to require proper team and player names. Team names are favoured as a way to add more thematic weight to the teams, give them some personality and legacy instead of hiding the fluff and theme behind the coach name.

In a sense, it's a way to create attachment to the teams to discourage constant retirement/new team cycles.
sann0638

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2020 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought it might be that. It's interesting as team and player names definitely play second fiddle in tabletop tournaments - most TOs don't enter them into score, so they're just for the individual's use. Whereas in league play they are definitely a thing.

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2020 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

This sounds like a bit of a prog vs non-prog thing.
I can imagine that in non-prog tournaments the team name might not seem that important and people would rather see the coach name.
But in prog, building a famous team is a big part of the draw to many coaches. For many, bigger than winning. Wink

For KOs, we currently need to go to another page to see who the coaches are. That is a little bit more work when we need to chase them up or are just interested.

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2020 - 16:09
FUMBBL Staff

Koadah, you may want to check a KO tournament schedule again. Smile
HaruHaru

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2020 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Sweet, nice change Christer! Especially like the fact that the pop-up isn't at the cursor so you can still see what teams are associated with the coaches.
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2020 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Koadah, you may want to check a KO tournament schedule again. Smile

\o/

Thanks very, very much Boss!!!

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2020 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the 'currently playing' icon
 Jump to: