37 coaches online • Server time: 09:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Anchorhead

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2004 - 02:57 Reply with quote Back to top

This thread is for the up and coming OCCS. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Either post them here or PM me.

Mully has replied to the news story with an idea about regional tournaments. I like it. I want to see how many teams we can get before I throw another 2 or 3 tournaments into mix!. Too many you think? I think if we have enough coaches to fill a 16 team tournament for each one, I will be happy. So if you guys agree to the regional tourneys...coming soon to the OCCS...

Albion Regional Challenge (Europe)
Amorical Regional Playoffs (N. America)
???????????????????? (Aussie?)

Lets spread the word! Recruit, Recruit, Recruit!
Orca Cola Cup Series
Ug

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2004 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Regional tourneys sound great!!!

For the different tournament categories (like over 175 or under 120) can we have multiple team join the group?
Anchorhead

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2004 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

You can have as many as you want in the group
Kyojima

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I kind of like that idea, personally. Knowing that I don't have to wake up at 6AM to play someone in Germany is always a bonus.. Any idea when the tourneys will start?
Anchorhead

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 03:57 Reply with quote Back to top

They will start sunday Aug 1 at 5pm EST, deadlines for applications for ALL tournaments is Noon EST Sunday Aug 1. The 2 tournaments with the most applicants will be announced on Saturday. If teams wish to switch to one of these tournaments you will have till th edeadline to do so. The other tournaments will start at two week intervals. This way your team has an oppurtunity to continue "travelling" the tournament circuit if it gets knocked out in the early rounds. Remeber friendly games count for points. The points will accumulate for 3 months then a champion will be named. Im gonna crunch some numbers for tournament points. Depending on how you finish in the tournament bonus points will be added. 1st gets 30, 2nd gets 25, 3rd gets 20 and so on.

Spread the word about the league!!!

Anchor
Anchorhead

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

We now have eight teams signed up for the Triple R so registration for that tournamnet is closed for now. As soon asit enters its final week of playing I will post the start time for the next Triple R. Meanwhile remember you can play other OCCS teams in friendly matches to earn Orca-Cola Points and also get your team experienced to enter the next tier of tournaments!

The 2 Tournaments with the most registration are the Orca Cola Classic, and the Worlds Edge Mountain Ogre-Ade Challenge. These will be the first 2 tournaments that will start. If you would like to switch your registration to one of these tournaments PM me.

After the first round of these tournaments are complete, the Cabalvision Athletic Cup start date will be announced and at that time you may apply for it. Following the first round of that tournament will be the Bloodweiser Cup and so on, and so on, and so on. I havent figured out what to do at the end of the season or when the end will be. Maybe every 3 or four months. But there will be a FINAL FOUR CHAMPIONSHIP or something for the top four or more point leaders in the group. If you have 2 or more teams in the top four you can only enter one of them. Anyway that is all for now. Good luck to the Triple R teams!

Anchor
Anchorhead

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2004 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

We need one more team to join the Orca COla Classic to make 8 teams, and 6 more to join the Ogre ade Challenge to make 16 teams
Gary_Gygax

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2004 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

There's a deadline for the OrcaCola Classic? I have to play and my opponent is not showing on fumbbl for 6 days....
kurre

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2004 - 08:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats my question too, when is deadline? Dont want my team tied up for ages!!
Anchorhead

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2004 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

The first deadline will be the 18th of august to coincide with me returning from vacation. That is around 2 weeks. After that, KO's will be 2 weeks a round, I'd like to make the Triple R weekly, and if we can ever get the regional tourneys going they will also be weekly. I hope this clears up some things.

Anchor
kurre

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Whats up with the Orca Cola classic games? Two teams havent even played their first games yet? Force them to play or kick them out of the tournament, i really wanna play my games in this cup but i dont want my team tied up waiting for a game that never will happen.

The deadline for the first stage must be over a long time ago and the deadline for the second stage must be over soon?

Please get this party started.

// Johan "kurre" Lantz
kurre

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Oups, missed your last post Smile Sorry.
kurre

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2004 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=468824

Orca Cola Classic Cup has ended.
kurre

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2004 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Will there be any more tournaments for TR 200+ teams in the OCCS?

Sure there must be some teams that wanna take the title away from me.
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2004 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Come on guys.... the Reikland Round Robin is being held back by two coaches who need to get their act together and play their game!

And the tournament coordinator needs to update the deadlines... 29th August has long since passed!

My Chaos Dwarves want to play again!

Jump to: