69 coaches online • Server time: 22:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2004 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Hashut’s Horde defeats Lamaldar Warriors (3-2) The chaos dwarves continue their dominance unabated. A surprisingly bloodless game leaves the agile elves alive and kicking.

Roaming Rampaging Rapids draw vs. Anvilz (1-1) this match was interesting as the racial abilities of the dwarves definitely worked to equalize the Team-rating difference. 3 fatalities were registered for the dwarves while the Amazons answered each with a casualty of their own. Injury time was added late in the second half which gave the rapids just enough time to equalize.

Western Hill Cleavers win against Hot-Headed and Cold-Blooded (3-2) well, SixFootDwarf’s lizard squad did finally come to life, and although they did not win the match they definitely put Mully’s Cleavers in a precarious position. With both a thrower (Hoosier) and the Ogre (Hoosier Daddy) as well as a lineman out next time, the two nigglers on the squad may prove their undoing.

Round 4
Hashut’s Horde vs. Anvilz – battle of the short and curlies!!! This one is gonna be ugly.
Lamaldar Warriors vs. Western Hill Cleavers – This one may be close!!!
Roaming Rampaging Rapids vs. Hot-Headed and Cold Blooded – if the lizards can build on the beating the ladies took it’ll be close.
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2004 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Round 4
Hashut’s Horde clinches the tourney win with an undefeated run of 4 wins! This round they met and stomped their racial rivals the Anvilz. (1-0).

Lamaladar Warriors defeats Western Hill Cleavers (3-1) leaving both teams set squarely in the middle of the bracket.

Roaming Rampaging Rapids defeats Hot-headed and Cold-blooded (2-0) placing the Amazons securely in the 2nd place spot.

Well there is one more round, and all your playing for is pride now fellas!

Round 5
Hashut’s Horde vs. Western Hill Cleavers – one final chance to show the Horde is beatable, C’mon Mully win it for us! Surprised)

Hot-headed and Cold-blooded vs. Anvilz – both teams still out to prove something…they love to smash!

Roaming Rampaging Rapids vs. Lamaladar Warriors this one is actually already played with an ugly outcome for the elves. Surprised) But fear not, Cyric612 gets his share of wins…(against me if from no other source!)
Mully

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2004 - 06:40 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Hashut's Horde 1 vs Western Hills Cleavers 3</b>

Quote:

Hashut’s Horde vs. Western Hill Cleavers – one final chance to show the Horde is beatable, C’mon Mully win it for us! )

This victory was for all the little people in the toruney, tired of being pushed around by the overpowering CD roster. The secret? When you get sent to the Cas box with a niggle just say "thank you may I have another" and keep fighting.

An early BH on the STR 5 BC helped the cause but it looked like the Cleavers would trail 1-0 at the half until a NOS catcher snatched the ball between 3 enemies and scampered for the 1-1 tie. Nice defense by the Horde caused a turnover but Grue unexpectedly didnt follow up with a pick up. This allowed the humans to respond with a blitz/pick up/TD and 2-1 lead.

The Horde was driving late in the game when the clouds opened and a flaming ball of fire knocked down 2 hobs and a CD. The Cleavers pounced on the loose ball and put in the unsurance.

Tough game - lesson learned? The CDs are beatable, but your roster is in no shape to play another game afterwards. This tourney kicked my ass. In the 4 games the CAS count was 8/7/1 (thats 4 per game ...ouch)

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2005 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay SixFootDwarf and I finally played our game and so the tourney concludes with an uneventful tie ball game between the two losers of the tourney. Very Happy

Thanks everyone for participating. What do you guys want to do next?

BB_Pad, with UMT 3 starting soon are you pretty much busy elsewhere or do you have any ideas/thoughts/plans?
Mully

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2005 - 03:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll concentrate on sucking in the UMT for now

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2005 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it seems that I've been given full control of the tournament now, so if we want to make any changes to the group info or start recruiting properly again we can.

How about running one of the high TR knock-outs? I think some people expressed some interest in that before the regionals started. If we want the OCCS to continue though we definitely need some more coaches - we're down to about 35 coaches and not all of those are active.

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2005 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah if you are gonna continue with the original huge concept that Anchor had with Orca points that would be great. Although a lot of work.

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2005 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm up for it if we can sort out a schedule for an entire season - at some point an overall winner should be declared and the scores reset.

Mully, is that an offer to help out? Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2005 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

i rekon its a great idea, just would love to see this get off the ground, and get enough coatches to get the ball rolling
SixFootDwarf

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2005 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys. Sorry, for some reason I just noticed the board here today. Usually my brain-deadness only applies to the Lizards. Guess it's contagious. Good game last night, Tod...despite the multiple-disco's. Felt good to not lose for once. hehe

Although I got spanked from one end of the tourney to the other, it was a great time. I've been on FUMBBL for about a year now but that was only the second full-scale tourney I've been in (got crushed in Fumbbl Cup II as well) and it rocked. I like the round-robin type ones more because you feel like you're into something, and it lasts a while. I've done knockouts before, lost my first game, and forgot I was ever in it.

So count me in on anything else you've got in the works. Yeah BB, I'm in for a higher TR one too....not crazy high, but like maybe a 250TR limit. My Humans need some work. I've always been more of a Ranked guy so my Unranked tourney teams aren't up to snuff. That'll change. And if you need a hand with recruiting or whatever, lemme know. I know a few guys that might be interested in playing.
cyric612

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2005 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

whatever we do we should probably make it season two and keep track from the beginning maybe do a couple of round robins and a couple of KO tourneys or something and keep the scores running and up to date Would be cool to see the results if we could keep it going but i'm interested in staying with it Smile
Cyric612
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2005 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

We're working something out. It'll be streamlined from Anchorhead's format but similar. Fear not, the OCCS will continue, and soon!

Glad you liked it, hang tight and we will post a new Thread shortly.

Wink
Mully

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2005 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Mully, is that an offer to help out?

Sorry, MLB, WWB, Eurokings, AmeriKings and new job and 2 kids got me wiped out on time

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2005 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

When you decide on a deadline I have a necromantic team, the 'Tombstone Trickster', that would be very much interested in joining -The World’s Edge Mountains Ogre-Ade Challenge-. Should their TR go past the 174 they would be more than happy to participate in the Bloodweiser Cup in wich case I might have a halfling team ready for the WEMOAC - suicidal little buggers I tell ya.
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2005 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool Redfish, good to know. If you can apply your teams to the group, so we don't forget you. You are allowed to play outside the group so it won't stunt your team development to be a part of it. I'm thinking to get rid of most of the TR caps on specific tourneys and introducing a method whereby lower TR teams can get games in "minor" tournaments where the majors are still for the big boys...and brave little boys!

The idea so far swimming in my head is to have several KO tournaments that run rather quickly and then the majors be ROund Robin-style and take a while to go through.
 Jump to: