38 coaches online • Server time: 01:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SixFootDwarf

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2005 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

That's a good idea. Since the KO ones are so fast (aka forgettable) by those who lose the first game, it'd be cool to do a lot of 'em.

Count me in for the big ones too.
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2005 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

(edited as tourney structure has changed...) Wink

Last edited by Wotfudboy on %b %07, %2005 - %15:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Mully

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2005 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

A Pack of Lips Now applying to win the Budweiser Cup

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2005 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, DaTodfatha and I have been having a think about how to revamp and streamline the OCCS while still maintaining Anchorhead's original idea. This is what we've come up with, so let us know what you think.

The new the OCCS will remain a series of tournaments but now starts with some warm-up mini's and minors before finishing with the majors.

All Tournaments are No Stars, No Wizards.

All Tournaments are 5pts-win, 3pts-tie, 1pt-loss, -5pts-forfeit, 0 points concession if game was actually played, and a coach concedes to save his
team. This scoring applies to all tournies but not Open Play.

These are the revised tournies:

Mini's
Reikland Rookie Cup (Mini KO) - TR max 120
25pts for tourney winner, 10 pts for runner-up

Middenheim Challenge (Mini KO) - TR max 150
25pts for tourney winner, 10 pts for runner-up

Orcland Wooden Shield (Mini KO) - TR max 150
This is a 0 pts tourney that will run repeatedly until the end of the season serving as a recovery tournament for bashed teams and newcomers.

Minors
Cabalvision Athletic Cup (Minor KO) - TR min 200
0pts awarded for tourney winner and runner up (normal pts for win etc are still awarded)

Amorical Regional Play-offs (Minor KO) - TR max 200
25pts for tourney winner, 15 pts for runner-up this is first real minor so better points for runner up but still a warm-up for the majors.

Albion Regional Challenge (Minor KO) - TR max 200
25pts for tourney winner, 15 pts for runner-up this is 2nd real minor so again better points for runner up but still a warm-up for the majors.

Antipodal Regional Shield (Minor KO) - TR max 200
This is a 0 pts tourney that will run repeatedly after the ARC finishes until the end of the season serving as a recovery tournament for bashed & growing teams and newcomers.

Majors
World's Edge Mtn. Ogre-Aid Challenge (Major Swiss) - Open
50pts for tourney winner, 25 pts for runner-up

Bloodweiser Cup (Major Swiss) TR min 150
75pts for tourney winner, 40 pts for runner-up

Orca-Cola Classic (Major Round-Robin) TR min 150
100pts for tourney winner, 50 pts for runner-up
Schedule:

Tournament Schedule
The season opens with two concurrent tournies - the Reikland Rookie Cup & Cabalvision Athletic Cup.

After the RRC finishes, the next mini, the Middenheim Challenge will kick-off followed by the Amorical Regional Play-offs. The Orcland Wooden Shield will start at the same time as the ARP and run repeatedly until the end of the season.

After the ARP finishes, the Albion Regional Challenge. Then the 1st major the World's Edge Mtn. Ogre-Aid Challenge will begin with the minor Antipodal Regional Shield also starting and running to the end of the season.

The Bloodweiser Cup will follow the WEMOC and the Orca-Cola Classic will wrap up the season.

Teams not participating in tournies will be eligible to have warm-up games in OPEN PLAY, although no points will be awarded for these games.

Season Start---------------------------------------------------------------------------------Season End
RRC(Mini)--MC(Mini)-- ARP(Minor)--ARC(Minor)--WEMOC(Major)--BC(Major)--OCC(Major)--|
CAC(Minor)-------------------------------------------|
---------------------------OWS(Mini)-----------------------------------------------------------------------|
----------------------------------------------------------ARS(Minor)---------------------------------------|
Open Play--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
(Note: this is intended to represent only the start and end times respective to the other tournies and not an indication of tourney length)

Timelines:
1 week for every 4 teams in the in mini and minor tournaments. E.g a 4 team KO will last only 1 week, while a 16 team KO will last 4 weeks.
10 days for each round of the majors.

Remember each coach can have any number of teams (although only 1 may be entered per tourney).

Over to you guys!

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2005 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

hey wow check out that spiffy new structure, would ya? *whistle* it sure is sparkly!

Wink
Mully

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2005 - 03:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Wheweee

This guy looks like a info systems guy

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2005 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I have two teams I would like to enter into seperate competitions.

One team is the Reikland Round Robin winners : Hoof the Ball : http://fumbbl.com./FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=94850

The other team are : Bearded Bullies : http://fumbbl.com./FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=64136

Hoof are TR 172, and the Bullies are TR 200 exactly.

Can I enter Bearded Bullies into the Cabalvision Athletic Cup, and the Hoof the Ball team into the Amorical Regional Play-offs?

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2005 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, a lot of tournaments, looks good. Try to keep the minis and minors fairly small though (8-16 teams?) so they can get played fairly quick. Sucks with tournaments and leagues that die off because of a heap of inactive players.

In any case I better make some new U teams to prepare for all the fun. Wink
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2005 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

The minis and minors are KO so that will make them play quicker and we will allow for (approx.) one week per 4 teams in the minis. so a 4 team tourney will be over in one week. remember only two teams will be playing a 2nd game.

Also, you can't forfeit a game as it will boot you from the tourney. Surprised) So no deadbeat coaches.

And yes you may enter any number of teams, however when the Majors roll around only one team per coach. Wink
cyric612

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2005 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks awesome to me although i'm going to have to get some new teams into the tourney Smile
Cyric
cyric612

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2005 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

i'll ender Orca-Cola Plague in the riekland rookie cup
Cyric612
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2005 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

The 'Doomed Daredevils' would like to enter the Reikland Rookie Cup
and the 'Tombstone Tricksters' are signing up for the Middenheim Challenge and expecting to join the following tournies as well.

Ready to FUMBBL!
annachie

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2005 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Grishnak's Mb have decided to make a return to the OCCS, entering the CAC. (TR 148)

The Underworld Scramblers would like to try the Riekland Rookie cup. (Being TR 100)
Casper

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2005 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Naru Lach would like to join the Reikland Rookie Cup.
paradocks

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2005 - 07:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to enter Slaya Hataz into the Cabalvision Athletic Cup
 Jump to: