41 coaches online • Server time: 12:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
razmus

Post   Posted: May 03, 2020 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Working with groups - kicking off tournaments, etc. I don't see any, but wanted to double check. Is there any way to programmatically:

a. Query the 'Join Request' queue for a group?
b. Send a PM to a list of users?
c. Create a new tournament?

(In order of usefulness to me.)

koadah

Post   Posted: May 03, 2020 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Clearly it's time to big up Razmus for the excellent running of many leagues & tournaments across Fumbbl Mr. Green

\o/ For Razmus!!!!!

a. How many groups are you running? I find it enough to add each group team list as a bookmark. Then I just click through. Is this about Brawls?
Personally, I like fixed kick-off dates so no need to keep checking. Though I check anyway. Just can't help it.

b. You can send a group PM from the More | Send group PM menu option on the group page. It is a bit basic so I use regular PMs and get my group members from here.

c. People (probably me) are bound to screw up Fumbbl when their script has a bug. Wink

Post   Posted: May 03, 2020 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Smile Yeah, I have bookmarks set. And I'm certainly not complaining... I can keep doing things the way I have been.

And for a long time I did use your group members, but it pulls the name of everyone in the group. And for the Brawls, I kick teams with the tournament start. For the Rumbles though, I keep teams until round one is finished so I can easily keep track of anyone who might need to be swapped out, then remove teams as they're eliminated.

I send out a few different types of PM:
1. Tournament start. (Brawl and Rumble only) -- Goes to everyone in a tournament with at least the first round deadline.
2. Tournament end. (Brawl and Rumble only) -- I send as a reply to the start with the winner, second place award, and either third place award or letting the coaches know they can play for the third place ribbon.
3. Team deny. (Rumble only) -- At least a couple times a week, a team will be in queue for the Rumble and can't play because they aren't from the proper ruleset or have previously played a game. I usually let the coach know that I'd removed them from queue because otherwise they know they applied, but don't know that they aren't in queue or why they aren't being matched.
4. Reminders to play. I have a spreadsheet that reminds me of upcoming deadlines with conditional formatting. Right now it's only thirteen tournaments, and three are red. Smile These messages go out to at least two people at a time, but sometimes I just stick four or six names in the invite list, 'cause they're all approaching the same deadline. Smile

And hopefully an API would prevent FUMBBL ending script errors. Smile I mean I probably suss out the POST message to /FUMBBL.php with postman to create the tournament, but wanted to check if there was a cleaner API method. Wink

Anyway, again, this is more about giving me something I can sink my teeth into that's more interesting than the normal work I do during the day.

And just for fun: https://xkcd.com/1319/
 Jump to: