24 coaches online • Server time: 08:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Java

Post   Posted: May 04, 2020 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there, this is not exactly a bug report but more of a discussion/rules query about the client

When you use break tackle, or dodge, or other skills, they turn italic on the client because they've been used.

Say you have a frenzy/strip ball player blitzing a ball carrier without sure hands. On the first block you get to use strip ball and the ball bounces on nearby players, nobody catches it and it bounces back to the original ball carrier that catches it.

Now a second block is going to happen BUT strip ball is italicized. Does it mean that the client will not let the blitzing player use strip ball on the second hit?

I'm wondering 1) if this is what actually is going to happen and 2) if this is in accordance with the rules.
LictorZ

Post   Posted: May 04, 2020 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it would still be used.

Juggernaut does the same thing on Frenzy.

The rules do not stipulate a singular use of Strip Ball. Just if a Push Back is applied.

Good question though.

Post   Posted: May 04, 2020 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Agree with LictorZ.

Rules say :

"Unless otherwise stated in the skill description, the following rules apply to all skills :
1. All bonuses/modifiers from skills can be combined.
2. Skills may be used an unlimited number of times per Action
(...)"

Some skills (as Dodge, for example) only can be used once per turn but it is specified in the skill description.

Strip ball can be used more than once per Action/turn in the special case you describe. That said, I don't know if it works or not in the client. Wink