48 coaches online • Server time: 20:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do you think about letting fend counter claw
Yay!
19%
 19%  [ 6 ]
No way!
77%
 77%  [ 24 ]
Undecided or have better idea (write below)
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 31

Nelphine

Post   Posted: May 16, 2020 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

interesting viewpoint Kondor. Do you consider all teams balanced, or do you consider the inherent imbalance from the race you choose a good thing?

(Not talking about the imbalance of stunty teams, which I think everyone can agree were designed to lose more often - but of teams which are generally maligned as being 'worse' like Humans, which I don't think anyone would agree that they were designed to be worse the way the stunty teams were)
Cloggy

Post   Posted: May 16, 2020 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say the key point is that Bloodbowl today is just about as balanced as it has ever been since I started playing. As we've all learned in the past, changes are just as likely to decrease balance as increase and the ways this happens can't always be predicted.

This is why I'd agree with leaving things alone.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2020 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm. in this case though, i'm not trying any rules changes, only pricing changes (since I can actually do that with the client as is), which should have 'less' repercussions. For instance, changing human catchers by 10k I don't think made such huge changes that it wrought overall other changes. (I think if anything, it showed that some price tweaking may in fact be warranted.)
Kondor

Post   Posted: May 16, 2020 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
interesting viewpoint Kondor. Do you consider all teams balanced, or do you consider the inherent imbalance from the race you choose a good thing?

I guess that yes I feel the current level of inherent imbalance is a good thing. It is there but not overwhelming. If you are just playing to win you will choose a strong team and win some games until you face either your foil or your mirror. Ok. I hope you enjoy that.

I like it because each race has weaknesses. Each has strengths. All have character. Pure balance is chess. We choose to play a dice game built around a fictional realm. Have fun with it. Enjoy whatever flavor you fancy.

As it sits you can play to build your fantasy team. You can play to be as competitive as possible. A tweak of 10k on a player will do so little to change that. Even if that change allows it to gain strength vs a slightly better race, it will also probably widen the gap vs a team that is already slightly worse. Now you have a different problem and we start seeing the dreaded power creep.

Currently, there are soooooo many variations on how you can play with a myriad of teams. I would hate to see that color and flavor diluted in an effort to achieve a mythical balance.

We all play a dice game that we love. People who take it too seriously are fools in my opinion. Just try to enjoy your 90 minutes of playtime. It is a luxury that many, many people in this world do not have.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: May 17, 2020 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Btw has anyone even looked at stats for "high TR orcs vs chaos" in blackbox?

I see a lot of orcs winning those these days. And dwarves do fine too.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2020 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it is good as it is. Every team has its specialty, and claw mb is just a part of the game. You may have a few players removed early on in the game, but thats part of the fun. Its challenging when the dice dont go your way and thats how you get better. By taking the best probable option. And if it doesnt work it doesnt work. Just because you played the best you could or played way better than the other person doesnt mean you should win. Such is life, such is part of the game.
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: May 17, 2020 - 07:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm fine with Claw being nerfed so it only reduces AV to 6. Obviously, as long as to balance this Chaos teams get Agility on normal skill rolls.