51 coaches online • Server time: 19:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mekutata

Post 17 Posted: May 20, 2020 - 08:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello Coaches, good day!

Image Looks like Vince McMahon closed XFL so there is a market to make Gold with new leagues.

So the League Settings allow quite some wild customisation. And I am eager to learn which could result into me spamming the forum and discord chat with questions.
I think it's best to keep my questions in one thread. And if this gets longer maybe collect the answers as a potential information source for other fumbblers. If this gets longer I will collect and clean up in the beginning thread. Or if there already exists something like this maybe I am blind and someone can link it to me?

Ruleset Options, Progression

Everything seems clear on these.
Team Progression and Skill Progression can be changed to enable NAF like tournaments and Custom SSP limits per skill.
Question:What happens if you add after the first 6 numbers another 7th? Do legends then get one more skill?

Skill Settings

Answered: This prevents players from gaining these skills, not from using them or already having them. Piling On Rule Sets are independent from this page.

Client Options

Answered: It is possible to change these settings during an ongoing season.

Everything seems totally clear here, basically the most common rule variations of Blood Bowl are possible.
I only wondered here potentially about of Setup rules. Could you allow more than 11 players to set up on the field? Another user told me yes, but when testing in testmode this seemed not to be the case. I know Rules of 7 is possible, what about rule of 16? (Future Snotling swarm)

Roster Options

Here is the cream. The custom icon teams. The madness.

What I found out recently:
You can not import players from existing rosters to new custom rosters but have to type their stats manually.
You can not use already uploaded images as Icons or Portraits for new players but have to upload them manually (and wait for activation).
So better to be safe before uploading:

Question: What are the actual size proportions for player icons?
I understand that there is a basic premise for the OG icons regarding player Strength and icon size designwise.
But I don't know them exactly. And the actual existing icons seem to vary also among some of the smaller players and Star Players.
Is this somewhere written down? Does player Type "Big Guy" have any effect on icon size or any other way? Are there any fix numbers for icon size?

Roster Options/Rosters in your League

Question:
I can see you can change skills of existing players in your league/tournament (by manually granting them a skill as admin, or giving skill roll.. etc, all doable)
Can league admins add players or only the respective coaches?

So this is is for now. I also wrote Customisation with s and not z mainly because my Computer keeps bugging me otherwise. Not English native speaker here.

Post   Posted: May 20, 2020 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Only the coach can add players, if an admin tries they get an error saying "You do not own this team"

Post   Posted: May 20, 2020 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

And you can setup any amount of players on the field (maximum 16), it requires using a custom ruleset with that option in place. Testmode will probably not allow that

Post   Posted: May 20, 2020 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

You can add as many skills levels to players as you wish. In CIBBL we use 7 skills: 6,16,31,51,76,126,176

Post   Posted: May 20, 2020 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

jdmickleburgh wrote:
Only the coach can add players, if an admin tries they get an error saying "You do not own this team"

Which should be doable in a private league.

[quote=]And you can setup any amount of players on the field (maximum 16), it requires using a custom ruleset with that option in place. Testmode will probably not allow that[/quote]

Cool! But Is testmode with custom ruleset possible?

[quote=]You can add as many skills levels to players as you wish. In CIBBL we use 7 skills: 6,16,31,51,76,126,176 [/quote]

Cool.

Post   Posted: May 20, 2020 - 11:46
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

mekutata wrote:
Question:What happens if you add after the first 6 numbers another 7th? Do legends then get one more skill?

Yes, they do.

mekutata wrote:
What are the actual size proportions for player icons?

For the total image:
Width must be a multiple of 4
Height must be a multiple of the width

Implicitly, this means that a single icon must be square, although you can obviously have as much transparent space as you want.

In theory, a 4x1 pixel image would be fine, as would a 4000x1000. Neither of these would result in a good experience though. Squares are 30x30 pixels, and you should make your player icons to match this.

Note that there is a specific layout for these player icons as well:
- Columns are: Home, Home Selected, Away, Away Selected. There is no inherent requirement for the "pose".
- Rows are additional variants of the same positional. The first one is used for the first player of that position, the second one for the second player, and so on. Current best-practise is to have one variant for each possible player on a given team (0-2 positionals should have 2, 0-16 should have 16).

mekutata wrote:
Does player Type "Big Guy" have any effect on icon size or any other way?

No, icons are not scaled (although the Unity project does scale to match the square size, but effectively there's no per icon scaling being done). However, big guy will make the abstract icon use a larger circle.

mekutata wrote:

Don't remember. The intent is for this to work, but perhaps it doesn't.
mekutata

Post   Posted: May 20, 2020 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Christer"]
mekutata wrote:

For the total image:
Width must be a multiple of 4
Height must be a multiple of the width

Implicitly, this means that a single icon must be square, although you can obviously have as much transparent space as you want.

In theory, a 4x1 pixel image would be fine, as would a 4000x1000. Neither of these would result in a good experience though. Squares are 30x30 pixels, and you should make your player icons to match this.

Note that there is a specific layout for these player icons as well:
- Columns are: Home, Home Selected, Away, Away Selected. There is no inherent requirement for the "pose".
- Rows are additional variants of the same positional. The first one is used for the first player of that position, the second one for the second player, and so on. Current best-practise is to have one variant for each possible player on a given team (0-2 positionals should have 2, 0-16 should have 16).

This will be pasted in the top post if I come up with more.

Christer wrote:
mekutata wrote:
Does player Type "Big Guy" have any effect on icon size or any other way?

No, icons are not scaled (although the Unity project does scale to match the square size, but effectively there's no per icon scaling being done). However, big guy will make the abstract icon use a larger circle.

Makes sense as the option sits under the Initials.. which are also used for the Abstract display. I just didn't know what it is supposed to do and is also next to som eother options regarding gameplay (f.i. Thrall, Peaked/Superstar)

Christer wrote:
mekutata wrote:

Very Happy Well if it happens it can always be done with assistance of the specific Coach.

Post   Posted: May 20, 2020 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:

mekutata wrote:

It is explicitly blocked.

It would be really cool though. Mr. Green

Especially when you have coaches who are completely new to BB.

Post   Posted: May 20, 2020 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Christer wrote:

mekutata wrote:

It is explicitly blocked.

It would be really cool though. Mr. Green

Especially when you have coaches who are completely new to BB.

I also wondered about it as a way to roster Star Players. The NAF solution seems to work due the fixed TV environment, giving a guarantee Coach can induce the Star Player. Unless I miss there something.

Post   Posted: May 20, 2020 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

You can add star players to a team's roster, if you are using a custom ruleset. Just add them like any normal player.

Or you can set it so that a team receives a certain amount of extra cash per game to be spent on inducements. This would let them hire the star every game.

Post   Posted: May 20, 2020 - 14:35
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The other options, "Star" and "Peaked" are both variations of the same concept. Peaked players don't get skill rolls, nor do stars. The "Star" type also triggers the inability to play for both teams in the same match.
mekutata

Post   Posted: May 20, 2020 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Regarding starplayers: how do NAF tournaments solve the situation when two teams hired Starplayers and even out TV? Manual TV adjustment by league admin?
jdmickleburg, you mean adding the Star Players as positionals in a custom ruleset?

Christer, if you add a player to the list of Star Players, but give that player Peaked instead of Starplayer status, can then both teams hire him?

Race -> if blank and another player is defindes as a race and has Animosity.. does he roll the nazi dice when passing to this player? So you only need to set it for the player with Animosity?

Team with position this player only comes in combination with other selected position (right?)

Post   Posted: May 20, 2020 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Animosity is the other way around. When a player WITH animosity passes the ball, then it compares the race of the player with animosity, to the race of the player receiving the ball. So you need to fill it out for all players on teams that have even a single player with animosity (including Star Players).
mekutata

Post   Posted: May 29, 2020 - 07:53 Reply with quote Back to top

One sad thing I just noticed. It is possible to manually edit Skills and give Stat+ for Players in a League (useful for granting SPP or items as reward) but we can not give artificially Injuries or Statlosses as Punishment.
Missing Next Game especially would be really useful to realise some of the many Optional League Rules out there (I really like the betting concept and a loan shark sending his boys in case of not being paid back.. ).

And a question. So I created a Test Ruleset and created Test Teams for that league.
When I look as a league admin at the teams I have the Option "Verify Skills".
When I click that I get the information that the Status of the teams is Incorrect.
Incorrect doesn't sound good. But what does it mean in this case? Teams and League are not based on the same Ruleset? (I created the teams via "Create team for this league" so I am wondering what that Verification verifies and what it means for actual games..

Post   Posted: May 29, 2020 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

If you click the injury box on a player's page you can add injuries there.

The white box is a disguised link