42 coaches online • Server time: 15:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ananio

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2020 - 07:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone ever thought of a chaos lizardmen team for secret leagues? What would it even look like? Add mutations because Chaos and then nerf them how not to let them be unbeatable?

Or do Chaos Lizards make no sense in the WH universe?
jdm

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2020 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Lots of st4 with M access. Can't be a bad idea can it?

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2020 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Good point. So 0-4 sauri? Now it’s closer to Chaos/Nurgle. But fielding 7 skinks would be a pain. Add 0-2 animosity “chaos frogs” for the lolz?
jdm

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2020 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Getting close to raestra with mutations now.

Problem is there's so many SL teams that it gets harder and harder to carve out a unique spot for a team.

Big guys with mutation team? Oh that's clan moulder, beastmen, centigor, khorne...

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2020 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

ananio wrote:
Good point. So 0-4 sauri? Now it’s closer to Chaos/Nurgle. But fielding 7 skinks would be a pain. Add 0-2 animosity “chaos frogs” for the lolz?
Or Chaos Chameleons Evil or Very Mad

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2020 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunately Chaos Lizards are totally not a thing and Secret League is about Warhammer Lore : )
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2020 - 10:00
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

and 6 nations rugby

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2020 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

ananio wrote:

Or do Chaos Lizards make no sense in the WH universe?

Lizardmen were created by the Old Ones to fight Chaos so Chaos Lizardmen would make no sense.
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2020 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
and 6 nations rugby

aha but the warhammer world is part of the 40K universe right? and so is Earth. And the emporer probably played fly-half for England. So it's fine.
Alien_the_Alien

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2020 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I designed a team that can be considered "chaos saurus" but that is based on Warhammer lore. However it's very different from the lizardman team, and it's designed to work in accordance with the old warhammer lore (which has no mention of chaos lizardmen).
The "saurus" in question is described as some sort of reptilian beastman in the lore, and in this team it's basically a beastman trading horns for +1AV, but it could also be considered as a -1ST saurus with mutation access.

Name: Blackspine Raiders
0-16 Scaly beastman 6 3 3 9 60 000 GSM AP
0-4 Harpy 6 3 3 8 100 000 Very Long Legs, Leap, Claws GA SP
0-1 Giant 4 6 1 9 140 000 Loner, Bone Head, Thick Skull, Mighty Blow, Break Tackle, Throw Team Mate, Always Hungry S AGP

I don't consider the design of this team to be finished, and I've received rather negative opinions about teams with a powerful lineman (which is the case here). So I might switch for something more similar to actual saurus, but as 0-4 positionals this time. But I'm really not sure.
Chivite

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2020 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Fimir are kinda chaotic lizards, no?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2020 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

They are evil monsters, not lizards though, living in bogs and able to summon Daemons, but they don't have Mutation access themselves.
fidius

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2020 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

This is like discussing the plot integrity of a superhero movie.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2020 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
and 6 nations rugby

If you are referring to the 4 nation's team. Then yeah that teams fluff is legit.

Albion (warhammers england), used to be split into 4 islands representing England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland. The fluff was all based around robin hood style knights and bandits, and that medieval aesthetic.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2020 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the scaly beastman roster.

Maybe reduce the beastmen MA to 5 to represent the heavy armoured carapace. And AG2 to represent how the armoured carapace restricts dodging.

To also represent how the Harpies are flying creatures - maybe reduce the AV to 7 and increase the AG to 4 and MA to 7.

Maybe finish off with a Chaos Giant. Same stats as a giant but change Bone Head for Wild Animal and give it access to mutations.

Just a few thoughts.

If you want to try out a new type of team, I have a league where you can build them and playtest them. It's just a fun place to experiment.

https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=12551
 Jump to: