32 coaches online • Server time: 09:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
The worst bloodbowl injury is when your player gets hit by...
A rock
30%
 30%  [ 12 ]
A claw pomb minotaur
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
-3D no block snotling
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
A failed GFI on into the Endzone
35%
 35%  [ 14 ]
A pie
17%
 17%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 39

stej

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2020 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I was having a bit of a muse about injuries in bloodbowl. I think they could be a lot more interesting and varied and potentially add to the team management meta game, so here are a few thoughts and ramblings. I appreciate these would probably be a pain to administer in tabletop but would work easily online.

Temporary Stat Decreases
I hate it when a player you may have grown to love gets an unlucky perm injury and goes straight in the retirement bin. Wouldn't it be more interesting if they suffered the injury for a certain number of games. E.g. -ST for the next 4 games.
Do you cut the guy? Do you try to play through the pain and get them to recover? The player could also have a temporary niggling injury too to represent the risk of playing on.

Specific Skill Injuries
Why not have injuries that only impact a certain skill/s? E.g. -1 to catch rolls for a broken hand.
These coukd be perm or temporary as above

Miss N Games
Why miss only one game when you could miss a few? That broken leg taks 4 weeks to heal so MNG x 4.
Do you play on with a roster slot taken up or do you cut and run?

Combinations of the above
Broken leg - miss 4 games then -MA and -1 to Dodge rolls for the next 4 games.

I appreciate this won't ever happen officially but thought it might be an interesting fluff piece for discussion
Dhaktokh

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2020 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome idea for leagues and longer tournaments. Probably goes to [L] though.
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2020 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool idea. It is pretty annoying that most of the 5s on the injury table mean auto fire like the 6s do. The seasons in death zone do give a way for players to recover from niggles though, but not from other injuries
Alien_the_Alien

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2020 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of temporary injuries or specific injuries, but I feel like most of the time if I had a player with 4 MNG then 4 matchs with a bad injury, it's likely better to just fire them and hire a new one. The choice is only present for very important/skilled players and if the injury is manageable.

I believe that the most serious non-permanent injuries should last for 3 games total (both MNG and stat decrease) at most. Beyond that it's just too similar to a permanent injury.
stej

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2020 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Fair call on the length of injuries. I only really threw 4 out there as a rough number.
I think this could be interesting for leagues
 Jump to: