39 coaches online • Server time: 15:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Bitter

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2024 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all!

Just had a weird experience. Was playing a game, doing good. Then suddenly a box pops up saying that I get to award a TD to a player in my team and that the other coach had conceded the game. Personally I don't mind that a coach concedes a game, he was in a bad place on the pitch, but I wasn't aware that it was something that you could do in Fumbbl. Is there even a button for it in the client or did he contact an admin mid game?

Again: I have no problem with my opponent concedeing in a polite manner, so no complaints here. Just curious.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2024 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello!
On the top left corner of the client there is "Game", if you click on it a drop-down menu will appear, with the "Concede" option.
No need to contact an admin to concede a game but please notice, easy concessions are against the site's policy:

"Concessions are to be made only when there is merit for them.
In this context, merit means that the conceding team needs a reasonable in-game reason for conceding. The team taking excessive casualties is one acceptable reason to concede. Other reasons include having a very distinct lack of players left to play with, or being clearly outplayed in terms of touchdowns.
Conceding when none of the above circumstances are fulfilled will require admin approval.
If you are unsure if your particular game qualifies for a concession, please consult the FUMBBL administration for a ruling.
A match where the administration rules that a concession is acceptable, even though it does not fulfil the policy stated here will have its match report page marked to reflect this."

If you want a guideline about concessions, generally, according to my knowledge and experience, if you have suffered 2 Casualties and the Apothecary has been already used, you can concede the game. Take this with a pinch of salt because I'm not an admin. It's always better to ask an admin if you are not sure about a concession.

Last edited by MattDakka on Mar 25, 2024 - 17:38; edited 2 times in total
ThierryM

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2024 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

"if you have suffered 2 Casualties and the Apothecary has been already used, you can concede the game"

What ?!

Blood Bowl is not a game for sissies !

Some teams can win a match with no elves / snots / gobs / (insert whatever) left standing on the pitch by the end of a game.

Conceding without warning your opponent beforehand is clearly not an act of class.
You can discuss and agree on the fact to click turns doing nothing until the end if your team has been so badly mauled that it's too much for your soft heart to bear.

Blood... Bowl.
There is an hint in the name of the game, hidden in plain sight.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2024 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

sorry double post

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2024 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I never concede. I just tried to give the OP a guideline based on my experience talking with admins and watching conceded games.

ThierryM wrote:

You can discuss and agree on the fact to click turns doing nothing until the end if your team has been so badly mauled that it's too much for your soft heart to bear.

According to this site rule, no, you can't discuss or agree to click end turn:

"Do not discuss or agree on in-game events. This includes agreeing on not fouling or behaviour that implies an agreement such as clicking end turn for a significant part of the game."
razmus

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2024 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Just as an awareness:
    1.Unwarranted concessions are one of the ways to get banned from the site for a period of time. (And yes, we're actively looking.)

2.The BB2020 Blood Bowl rules (page 40, middle of the page), allows for the conditions during which a concession without penalty can be had. If a concession does not meet those conditions, plan to also suffer the consequences listed on page 67, which include the possibility of players quitting your team in disgust. If a team meets the official Blood Bowl requirements for a penalty free concession, I shan't say it isn't warranted.

JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2024 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

ThierryM wrote:
This would be against Competitive/Blackbox/Tournament rules, as it constitutes anti-competitive collusion. You can warn your opponent before you concede, and they can ask you not to, but you can't come to any arrangement other than to play or not. You can sunbathe, you can tell your opponent you plan to sunbathe, but they can't act on the assumption that you're not just having them on, because they can't offer you any consideration and no statement of in-game intent is enforceable by any means not in the rules.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2024 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

razmus wrote:

2.The BB2020 Blood Bowl rules (page 40, middle of the page), allows for the conditions during which a concession without penalty can be had.

Is this implemented and allowed in Fumbbl?

Usually i never concede but in effect i missed this part of the user manual, if this is allowed in these rare case maybe make sense in order to avoid unnecessary fouling (and not give the opponent to score too many TD in case you are playing a league can have a tactical reason to avoid he gain too many spps).

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2024 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Confused