32 coaches online • Server time: 16:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Chivite

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2020 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Vamp fails blood lust, also next to a thrall, also in base with tents.

If failed to scape tents, vamp goes to the crowd

is that right?
razmus

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2020 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

If the vampire fails to escape tents, but stays upright and still ends his turn where he can bite a thrall... I'm pretty sure he doesn't go into the crowd. His meal is right there.
Amon242

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2020 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Fail tents escape ends all other actions immediately so no opportunity for the vamp to snack on the neighbor. Probably turns into a mist and finds a maiden in the crowd.
Stimme

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2020 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

What Amon said. In case you want to read up on it:

http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31015&start=60

Same reason you can't declare a blitz, fail the tentacles and then blitz the beast.
Chivite

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2020 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

cool! thanks for the clarif.
razmus

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2020 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm... I stand corrected. I love learning new things.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2020 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

The Blood Lust rule says that the bite happens at the end of the declared Action, but before actually passing, handing off, or scoring.
So, if we follow the rule strictly, he should be able to bite a Thrall.
Vampire declares an Action, fails Tentacles, he can't carry on with the Action, the Action ends immediately, bite happens unless a turnover occurred (the Vampire must be still standing and adjacent to a Thrall).

Last edited by MattDakka on Jul 28, 2020 - 21:06; edited 1 time in total
Chivite

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2020 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

- Bloodlust:
Immediately after declaring an Action with a Vampire, roll a d6: On a 2+ the Vampire can carry out the Action as normal. On a 1, however, the Vampire must feed on a Thrall team-mate or a spectator. The Vampire may continue with his declared Action or if he declared a Block Action, he may take a Move Action instead. Either way, at the end of the declared Action, but before actually passing, handing off, or scoring, the Vampire must feed. If he is standing adjacent to one or more Thrall team-mates (standing, prone or stunned), then choose one to bite and make an Injury roll on the Thrall treating any casualty as Badly Hurt. The injury will not cause a turnover unless the Thrall was holding the ball. Once the Vampire has bitten a Thrall he may complete his Action. Failure to bite a Thrall is a turnover and requires him to feed on a spectator – move the Vampire to the reserves box if he was still on the pitch. If he was holding the ball, it bounces from the square he occupied if he was removed and he will not score a touchdown if he was in the opposing end zone.

- Tentacles
The player may use this skill when an opposing player attempts to dodge or leap out of any of his tackle zones. The opposing coach rolls 2D6 adding his player’s ST and subtracting the Tentacles player’s ST from the score. If the final results is 5 or less, then the moving player is held firm, and his Action ends immediately. If a player attempts to leave the tackle zone of several players that have the Tentacles skill, only one may attempt to grab him with Tentacles.

So, biting has to happen in the vamps action or leave
Tentacles END the vamps action, so he leaves eventhough he has a treat next to him.
Sure that is rules as written and not rules as intended.
But the interpretation is clear.
Fail and go
razmus

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2020 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't previously check the NAF clarifications, because I was thinking the same as MattDakka. But I checked later: https://www.thenaf.net/blood-bowl/rules/clarifications/#3
"Also on Tentacles, if a player fails a Tentacles roll their action ends immediately, so the player may not pass, foul, blitz, hypnotic gaze, bite etc."

MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2020 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Well then the Blood Lust wording was bad, that's all.
Technically a bite is not an Action and happens at the end of an Action, not during the Action.
Chivite

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2020 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

doesnt happen at the end of an action as it happens before you pass or hand off, but yeah, this is a case of RaW vs a possible RaI
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2020 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

" Either way, at the end of the declared Action " is pretty clear.
before pass or hand off or scoring are exceptions, but when you Move, Blitz or Block, you first end the Move, Block or Blitz, then bite the Thrall if the Vampire is still standing.

You don't select Block/Blitz, then bite, then resolve the Block/Blitz.
Even when you select Move, you first Move the Vampire, then bite (you can't bite in the middle of a Move or Blitz action and carry on with the rest of the movement, for example, you have to end the Action, then bite).

I didn't know the NAF clarification, I replied just using the wording of Blood Lust and Tentacles.
According to that clarification there is no doubt about rule intepretation.

Last edited by MattDakka on Jul 28, 2020 - 21:35; edited 1 time in total
Amon242

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2020 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

next week on Internet Forum Lawyer..

Bill Clinton debates the meaning of "action" and asks what the definition of "is" is
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2020 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Not my fault if rules are poorly written by native English writers. Smile
Mingoose

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2020 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Lust: Either way, at the end of the declared Action, but before actually passing, handing off, or scoring, the Vampire must feed.

Tents: If the final results is 5 or less, then the moving player is held firm, and his Action ends immediately.

The rule is written extremely clearly and the bite should be allowed. The bite happens at the end of the declared action, and the Tents ends the declared action. NAF is 100% wrong.
 Jump to: