24 coaches online • Server time: 09:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mingoose

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2021 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Mingoose wrote:
For 95 TV I have a MA8 frenzy with dauntless.

And you have turnovers assured and still a not reliable Catcher with 3+ Catch.

First skill is either Block or Wrestle (even Diving Catch could be ok for those 2-turn drives), be it random or chosen, but, if your purpose is making a turnover machine, then it's a nice build.

I guess you would love a Swiss Army Knife without the knife but with random tools inside, by the same logic.

If you think human catchers are for catching your opinion isn’t very reliable. A MA8 frenzy piece isn’t for blocking with every turn, it is to shut out the sidelines out of fear of a crowd surf.

You already have your mind up on what is the most TV efficient build. Obviously you are going to cycle for that. Sorry I’m not so pessimistic or myopic.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2021 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

This is why I'm Legend and you are not. You don't understand what is efficient and what is not.
You will be always stuck in your rank.
A 172 games not Legend coach should trust a Legend coach with over 5700 games played.
A Frenzy player requires first a blocking skill to be reliable enough, or he will be a double-edged sword.
What if he fails the Dauntless roll?
Are you going to risk a -2d block without either Wrestle or Block?
Pro tip: while you can afford to risk a -2d with Block/Wrestle, without one of these skills you can't.
I don't think Human Catchers are just for catching, my point is that such a build on a Catcher fails because he will suck as pure Catcher (due to 3+ catch AND no Blodge protection) and as surf threat as well (due to unreliable blocking/blitzing). He's first and foremost a turnover threat for his coach, before being something else (mediocre Catcher, mediocre surfer).
Mingoose

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2021 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Lulz, I played you once and I found you utterly unremarkable as a coach. Any of the top tier FUMBBL coaches wipes the floor with you. Your legend status is a tin star, wholly fraudulent.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2021 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
This is why I'm Legend and you are not.

All other considerations aside, that was bad.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2021 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Mingoose wrote:
Lulz, I played you once and I found you utterly unremarkable as a coach. Any of the top tier FUMBBL coaches wipes the floor with you. Your legend status is a tin star, wholly fraudulent.

And you lost by the way:

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4223229

Well, you don't deserve further attention. You will never understand how to build players.
Mingoose

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2021 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Legends don’t usually brag about beating regular folks. Paper legends on the other hand...

Maybe to steer this back to my original point, I think a useful player can come out of most if not all random G skills. Maybe not a paper legend approved player, but a useful one all the same.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2021 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
This is why I'm Legend and you are not. You don't understand what is efficient and what is not.
You will be always stuck in your rank.
A 172 games not Legend coach should trust a Legend coach with over 5700 games played.
A Frenzy player requires first a blocking skill to be reliable enough, or he will be a double-edged sword.
What if he fails the Dauntless roll?
Are you going to risk a -2d block without either Wrestle or Block?
Pro tip: while you can afford to risk a -2d with Block/Wrestle, without one of these skills you can't.
I don't think Human Catchers are just for catching, my point is that such a build on a Catcher fails because he will suck as pure Catcher (due to 3+ catch AND no Blodge protection) and as surf threat as well (due to unreliable blocking/blitzing). He's first and foremost a turnover threat for his coach, before being something else (mediocre Catcher, mediocre surfer).

Posts like this are why most people do not care what you have to say. You make good points and some good arguments and then this happens and the real you comes out.
Java

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2021 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Can I have the last page of this thread tattooed on my right arm?
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2021 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
Can I have the last page of this thread tattooed on my right arm?

While being funny and also really sad o.O

I think you would be scarred for life ><
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2021 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
This is why I'm Legend and you are not...

Now that monster teams are a thing of the past, maybe you can show your quality by winning a Major.

There must be some way to get scheduled.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2021 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
This is why I'm Legend and you are not...

Now that monster teams are a thing of the past, maybe you can show your quality by winning a Major.

There must be some way to get scheduled.

...or any tournament at all.

The thing is, Matt is undoubtedly a very good coach and a master of minmaxing. Sadly, that's a value in itself only in his head. A little humility would turn him into a pillar of this community. That's wasted potential right there.

Last edited by JanMattys on Sep 19, 2021 - 23:31; edited 2 times in total
MattDakka

And you could show your quality by playing in Competitive division sometimes.
MattDakka

If you want we can play on GF. Do it.
Writing posts is easy, playing is hard.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2021 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

See, I would probably offer you a good fight, and lose in the end. I have no problem admitting that there's a very high chance that you are the better coach.
I am also 100% sure that it would be one of the most unpleasant experiences I could imagine, and definitely an hour of my life I wouldn't get back. So no, thanks. Laughing

Challenging people left and right just shows how you are incapable of discerning what you did wrong. You are arrogant, unpleasant, and you think that you have the right to dismiss people's opinions and preferences just because you are better than them. Fun fact: being better than others and being gracious about it is a test of character, and you constantly fail that. Hard.

MattDakka wrote:

And yet, you are good at the latter and you suck at the former. Ah, the mysteries of life Laughing

Last edited by JanMattys on Sep 19, 2021 - 23:38; edited 1 time in total
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2021 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a site about playing Blood Bowl, not testing characters.
Anyway, you use an excuse to avoid playing, not a surprise.
If you are afraid of the "unpleasant experience" I can write nothing in chat.
You are so eager to tell me to win Tournaments etc. but you don't want to play vs me.
 Jump to: