54 coaches online • Server time: 13:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Arthas85

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2020 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

First of all, I would like to thanks Christer for the huge work he does for continuing to give us this site for all these years.

I searched in past posts but I did not find anything on this regard, so here is my suggestion:

would it be possible to have some highlight (some different shade on the player, or simply some appearing text) when the "blitz" action is selected?

It is occurring to me (but not only to me) often to misuse the blitz action and I think that some feature on this regard could help.

Thanks for your attention Smile
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2020 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Sometimes I accidentally select Blitz instead of Move and waste the action too.
The reason is, when I'm clicking on a player my attention is focussed on the pitch , pathing, assists etc. and I don't read the log showing that a Blitz action has been selected.
In the past I suggested to display a small lightning icon (already present in the client as Lightning Bolt icon) over the player when a Blitz Action is selected and a sound (like in the Cyanide game).
It would help a lot to prevent unwanted Blitz selections.
If the icon is not possible, changing the colour of the blitzing player's square into yellow could be a good alternative.
Another idea could be having a sound option, for example a recorded voice saying: "Blitz" when you select Blitz Action.
chinalba

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2021 - 08:32 Reply with quote Back to top

OK,I get it,tks!
Christer

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2021 - 11:37
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

This is going to be a non-issue with bb2020. Blitzing will force you to pre-designate the target of the blitz, so it will be obvious that you're not doing a move.

Personally, I have a way of playing that completely avoids the misclick:

1. Click the player I want to act with
2. Press the 'z' key on the keyboard to activate the blitz command, or 'm' for move, 's' for standing up, etc (the dropdown you see will show the keyboard shortcuts).

Basically impossible to do the wrong thing that way Smile

Long-term, I'm wanting to completely replace the Java client for a Unity app, which will be the major place where the UX is getting a proper review.

Either way, this will cease being a problem soon (tm).
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2021 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

You're right, Christer, but pressing Z on the keyboard requires to use two hands, while the mouse selection with the drop menu requires only one hand (the other hand can be used to drink or eat something or hold the phone). It's the beauty of turn-based games Smile.
I'm not complaining or arguing, just explaining why I asked to display the Blitz Action with the icon/sound.
Yes, it will not be an issue soon, with bb2020 Blitz Action change requiring to pre-target the opponent player, as you said.
Bobs

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2021 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

You cant move your mouse hand to the keyboard ?

MattDakka

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2021 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not comfortable to do it.
It requires to move the mouse hand and to check the keyboard to see if you are pressing the right key, then to move back the hand to the mouse.
Instead, the drop menu is located on the pitch, so you can see and select the Action without moving your eyes from the screen. I find more comfortable to use the mouse only, but I guess it's a matter of interface preference (I'm a damned mouse clicker! Razz).

Last edited by MattDakka on Mar 25, 2021 - 13:04; edited 2 times in total
Christer

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2021 - 12:49
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I understand. It's a good idea overall, but not likely to be fit in to the dev schedule in the near future. bb2020 is prioritized over anything but the absolutely most critical things.
Chivite

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2021 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

oooh, ive been in the site for more than 3 years and i didnt know about the shortcut keys, what is the complete list?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2021 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/help:FFBHelp
argos_72

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2021 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Sometimes happened to me to to misclick the blitz and unfortunately impossible to get back. The keyboard can help but I prefer the mouse in general (more straightfoward) so I should have to remember every time i have to do a Blitz to press the button. Maybe I can re-educate my way of playing by using always keyboards, I was thinking about it (and sometime when the situation is critical and I do not want to make error I do use it)...
Anyway if in BB2020 this problem will be mitigated it is good

The long term solution by replacing the Java client of course will be great! Thanks a lot Chris for your great effort (as usual)! But do not rush I mean I am already so grateful you give us the possibility to play on line Smile and this improvement of the client is a "nice to have" not not something for me should be mandatory to be implemented now
IMHO

ciao!
Bobs

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2021 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I've maybe done this twice in my time here. Now i make sure to click the right action. Worth taking that extra 0.5 of a second methinks.

MattDakka

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2021 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, but when I play I consider more than one option and I change plan on the fly sometimes, hence the mistake.
Brain is faster than hand. Very Happy
Medon

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2021 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

We need these blitz symbols for another essential feature: the turn 8 / turn 16 warning. How many times have i made an very good stalling turn, keeping my ball carrier safe, keeping opponents at bay, only to find out after clicking ’next turn’ that in fact there is no next turn!! We need red flickering lights and lightning symbols on all players in the last turn of the half.
grant85

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2021 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

great pro tip. thanks

Christer wrote:
This is going to be a non-issue with bb2020. Blitzing will force you to pre-designate the target of the blitz, so it will be obvious that you're not doing a move.

Personally, I have a way of playing that completely avoids the misclick:

1. Click the player I want to act with
2. Press the 'z' key on the keyboard to activate the blitz command, or 'm' for move, 's' for standing up, etc (the dropdown you see will show the keyboard shortcuts).

Basically impossible to do the wrong thing that way Smile

Long-term, I'm wanting to completely replace the Java client for a Unity app, which will be the major place where the UX is getting a proper review.

Either way, this will cease being a problem soon (tm).
 Jump to: