63 coaches online • Server time: 21:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sir_of_Death

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2020 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello!

I'm trying to start a new custom league with my friends and I'm starting to learn how to manage groups and tournaments, so sorry if something is already anwsered in another part.

My problem: I'm a trying to create a Open Round Robin League, and then a second tournament linked with the first, a KO but seed by the order of the first tournament (1st with last -or 4th- and so on). But I can't find the way to order the teams in a custom way.

In addition, I thought about simply creating custom single games, but I don't know how to create a simple game with the overtime rule. This could fix the problem by doing the Tournament "manually".

Is any of this two ways possible?

Thx in advance.
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2020 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

"Edit Group info"
Switch "Score" on.
Go to teams page.
At the bottom of the page click "Edit Score"
Edit teams scores to give the team a seeding. Highest score is No. 1 seed (I believe)
When you start the tournament, set seeding to "group score".

You cannot create a tournament with only two teams. But you can create one with 4 teams where 2 are fillers.

Invite the fillers to be part of your league.
They automatically accept.

If you want total control, start the tournament with ONLY filler teams and replace fillers with proper teams until you are satisfied.

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2020 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Perfect! Thx
tigershark2000

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2020 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for highjacking this, but i have a similar question.
I want to create a Playoff Tournament almost as requested by the thread opener. The only difference is, that I want to have an additional game for third place, with the losing Teams of the semifinals.
Is that possible?
Oh,and how do I create filler Teams? Or fi you mean real teams which don't Play in a tourney atm?
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2020 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

You need to create another 4 team tournament when the semi-finals are over.

The filler teams are house teams.

At the bottom of the "Teams" page there is an "invite teams" link. Search for "Filler". Picl the ones owned by TournamentFiller

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2020 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

You can also use double elimination. Losers will play in the losers bracket. It will create extra games which you can just forfeit.
tigershark2000

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2020 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, thx vor the info.
Do filler Teams have to forfeit their games and what about the winnings and spp?
Hovring

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2020 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Forfeit is only for scoring it doesn't affect the teams. You don't need filler with the double elimination option, but you will forfeit games. You can the the different setups with fillers only, it's a good way to learn how it works.
 Jump to: