39 coaches online • Server time: 10:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tomay

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2020 - 04:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the forum thread for Season LXXXIII

Links:

Season LXXXIII
  • Schedule
    First round will begin on Monday the 10th of August with a first round deadline of the 24th of August and a round 7 deadline on the 5th of October.

!!!Team Rebuys are to be completed by Saturday the 8th of August by 8pm. After this deadline the SWLadmin team will indiscriminately cut your team for you.

• Structure
    We will have 1 Premier, 4 Conferences and 1 or 2 Regional division(s). Please note that if we have a number of drafters/droppers/parkers then next season could see a few teams demoted if we move back to 3 conferences. So be prepared.

New Rules
  • Racial Caps
    It doesn't really affect anyone other than the administrators, however we will be moving from a hard racial cap to a soft racial cap for racial availability in order to maintain league balance at all numbers of participants.

Recently Implemented
  • Wizards Fireball and ZAP
  • Broadcasting Rights
  • Fan Factor in Script
    Please refer to the guide on the league's page.

General Reminders
  • Axing
    PM to the swladmin FUMBBL account by 10pm Monday SWL (Sydney) time if your game has not yet been played.

• General
    Please be aware that we rely on individual coaches to be active in checking this forum, arranging games against opponents and in communicating with Admins. The responsibility is on the coach to enquire, not the Admins to inform. Please feel free to ask any questions, anytime.

• Communication
    Please respect each others time and reply to PMs in a timely manner.

• BB16 Rule Ammendments
    We will endeavour to maintain our rules as close as possible to those of BB16 in regards to FAQ and Errata changes, taking into account the nature of our league.

Thankyou to everyone who participated in Season LXXXII. Congratulations to the Bronzed Raiders once again. Can they make it 3 in a row and 4 from 5. Wish I was able to have a crack at stopping them myself. Congratulations also to Druchii Dynasty, Cult of the Firedrake and Didgeridead. It's cool to see such a diversity of races from each RSP category take out their division. In regionals we had two experienced campaigners take out their divisions with their new teams - keep an eye on Bojo and Grod. Great work guys!

Welcome all the new and returning coaches, good luck for the season!

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2020 - 04:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Also we are looking for contributors for fluff pieces. Could be something like season previews, star watch, around the league news or whatever. Something to add a little content to the league.

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2020 - 04:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Image Premier Division - who to watch.

The best four team/coach combos in this are Sharper, Hutchy, Bobs, and Ramchop, there's almost nothing between them.

Any of those teams could take key early losses and go nowhere, but expect the remaining ones to be fighting for the premiership into the last round. Expect the woodies to hold up best to damage in season, and the Lizards hurt most with injuries. Can Elmer save the rats? Will the magic hobgoblin stand more hits all season? Nuffle only knows.

A touch behind, B2K, JamesDSF, and HaruHaru.

Beating some top squads will happen from this lot, but average results against the top 4 squads here probably won't be good enough. Top 3 would be a great result, more likely bottom half. Good luck to them.

Lastly there's Waaaaghton. Yates does amazing with 'em for what they are, just making prem was a huge result, but still. These are tiny little orcs, this is the big time, and inducements are just not that good. They should get last here, despite picking up the odd result with some outstanding plays.

--

Image Confs all but need to be won to make prem, but best of the 2nds get there as well. Let's just rank a few squads right here.

5. Wozzaa with the brilliant young Harlequins.
6. Grod's Covid 6 is 6th strongest team in the league.
7. my own glorious High Elves, the Amateurs.
8. Foad's frenzied Blackwater crew.
10. Beefygoodness brings More Food for Thawt.
12. mushoomy with the all new Pugs.
14. Bojo's Ceasg-Coast Corsairs best in conf.
15. BigMac with Ian & Co. to challenge for prem again.
16. Clay with the dorfs.
17. Faulcs still a threat despite the Concussion Protocol.
18. Rabid in such a tough conf with the Cold Rock.
19. Happy will steal a few with the Bandits.
21. Viktor's underworld off a great reggies.
23. Redgum's Repugnant Nurgs.
24. Yasmir's Malice Renegades.
25. Klazam's Blood Crag Stripes.
27. Magooo's MacHamburgers.
28. knine's Speeeeed Killzzzz, go the High Elves!
29. Angryman's Crazy Beard Express, the chorf train.
31. Dustbunny's Federated Fowlers, poor bloody humans.
32. Sergtacos' Bloody Sphynxes, which are still Nurgs.
33. LictorZ brings the Verminitude.

And more, but I didn't want to rate JPM.

The above rankings consider team size, matchups for the coming season, and your entire SWL history. Not much else though.

Lose half your squad in game one and it won't mean much anyway, right? For the record, T.S.B. Harrod Esq conf is absolutely stacked with top teams, hard-earned prem spot that'll be.

--

Image Reggies it's Semi, BlueMM, and JoeKano to sort the bronze cup between them. Love to see the frogs take it.

Last edited by tussock on Aug 10, 2020 - 15:16; edited 2 times in total
Semitence

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2020 - 05:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Here we go!

Just as a disclaimer, I'm basing these predictions entirely on the roster and not the actual coaches, all through the lens of me, a middle of the road player. Heck, I'll probably say things that are flat out wrong. I expect most of the coaches in Prem will disagree with me. That's why they are in Prem!!!

Bravado
https://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=902718
This is a solid roster. Kicker, Guard, Grab Tree for 1TTD & hit absorption. The catcher is perhaps a tad overcooked for a BB16 roster, but is a huge threat on offence. One Wardancer is brand new, which is actually totally fine, Wardancers are cooked at 120k, & so long as the other one fills the gaps for you should be fine. Volos is, kinda meh though. -ma hurts on your prime piece. This is the guy that will do 7/8 blocks a half, so needs to be able to move, hit and retreat. 7 is still great... it's just not 8. Secondly, because they start so well, Wardancers run out of options for skills pretty quick. I suspect if this was conferences, Ramchop may have retired the second Wardancer for a double/stat hunt. The last comment is that we get a sub, a rare treat for woodies at the top end. Given the amount of hurt in Prem, I suspect this will be sorely needed...

Bronzed Raiders
https://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=912257
Cheap, skilled LOS positionals with guard/av/thick skull. Check.
Perfectly skilled ball carrier. Check.
Cheap foulers. Check. DP.
Developed bulls. Half a check.
Bench. No.
You get a lot of team for 1580TV as a Chaos Dwarf. I feel like the only question mark for this team is going to be how quickly can the two Bulls get skilled. The fresh Bull needs block just so that it can function without being a liability, whilst any of dodge(double dependent)/BT/tackle/SH will turn the +AG into an absolute monster. You all remember this guy, right? https://www.fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=8050120 The plus side for Sharper, is that because of the ball carrier being such a safe pair of hands (pun obviously intended) there is scope to do this across a couple of games. Hopefully the D3 MVP works a treat.

Cult of the Firedrake
https://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=932072
I'm going to take a guess that this isn't Bobs' ideal roster to be taking into Prem. Two niggled blockers, another with -av. Only the two break tackle here makes any sort of recovery activity painful to say the least if team get away. The other piece is the skinks, there is a lot of skills here that aren't doing much. Honestly it's a mix of marginal skills. The DT is good for the elf match-ups, but might have been better with a couple more though. As usual for Lizardmen, the roster almost completely about faces with some any stat or a couple of SH/Block/Wrestle. The other one is the Krox. I don't like the +ST in BB16 on the big guy. It doesn't add enough vs Block. If he was higher on SPP and had BT as well, maybe I'd change tune, but I don't see the value when the roster is already up at 1720 giving away wizards.

Didgeridead
https://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=918429
This is a huge roster. Sure, you've got a bunch of hitters without block, and as with any Khemri roster, never quite enough tackle, but as anyone knows, when you hit the ground vs khemri, you stay down, or you go to the injured box (see those 2 DPs there? they aren't for bloat). The big call out (again) is that amazing ball carrier. Ball duties are likely pretty exclusive here, so this piece, is the most important player for his team in Prem, hands down (including Impak). Downside is always vs the Elves for TK. A quick score, and a wizard into TO & score is often game over.

Druchii Dynasty
https://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=942009
Looks like HaruHaru broke the skill code. 7558 is Chavo level stats. Having said that... I don't like make-up of the team. This has nothing to do with the skill choices... they are spot on. Let me explain. We're running a high use utility piece, two witch elves, & just 11 players on TWO rerolls. There could be some really long halves coming up. Having said that, there is no doubt that the Uber Blitzer will win a couple of games by himself, he's that good. I have no idea how the wood elves can even remotely deal with him for example. Having said that, if he goes down, or snakes something, I'm betting there will be head stomping to occur!

Flack Orc Flockers
https://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=955527
This is my favourite roster from a construction point of view for sure. Mobile blodging guard (this guy is awesome), hitting Blizter, perfect Troll, decent skills on the Blorcs, and another amazing ball carrier. It's a really strong meat grinder & the Skaven will hate it. Downsides: It's missing a bit of tackle, and would probably love a couple more guards a DP lino, even a frenzy blitzer, though a heap of players are an MVP away. Can it win? This is roster that is going to reward solid positional play, and average rolls by both players. It doesn't have the high Strength mobile players in other rosters, but should be able to bog them down.

Lab Rat Elysium
https://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=902858
Best team & player names of the lot. Not sure that falls into the rankings, but I like it.
Anyway. How good are gutter runners. I mean, we have a natural one-turner, A great sacker, a utility carrier and a fourth rat, ready to replace the first one to cark it, cos, you know... rats = injuries. You don't pull a 3 digit negative cas differential for nothing. The Rat Ogre is an interesting choice. Some games, that will be a 150k T1 KO/Injury. It's AV8 with no thick skull. Other games it might be able to hold the line just enough to let enough rats survive to eke out a win. Is it worth 3 linerats though? For me, I don't think so. It'll be interesting to see how it performs... or if it's sacked/dead after 3 games.

Waaaaghton Redskins
https://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=902837
I can get behind paying the premium for Impak. He's a franchise player and an amazing piece. I can even, sort of get behind paying the penalty for Sold. I've already mentioned how much I like blodging ag4 guards. What is that troll doing though? This is a roster that has zero Black Orcs, and two Blizters (one of which is your primary ball carrier on offence). It relies on a single blizter an over the hill troll, two goblins and a bunch of linos to push the game. Yikes. The $390k for a troll with block & guard could have been two replacement blizters, 4 black orcs, retaining the blodging goblin that was fired, and 2 rerolls.
Did I mention they have no rerolls?
Now queue Morg carrying them to a 7-0 season and me eating my words...

Semitence's Completely Biased & Entirely Fake News Rankings:
1: Bronzed Raiders - Gotta take the champs down to be considered the #1
2: Flack Orc Flockers - Great roster build and amazing record
2: Druchii Dynasty - 7558 will be the making or breaking
4: Lab Rat Elysium - Almost got there last season, let down by the rat ogre
5: Didgeridead - Heavily reliant on one scorer with no backup
6: Bravado - Missing the X factor
7: Cult of the Firedrake - Undercooked this time around
8: Waaaaghton Redskins - Major structural Troll issues

Last edited by Semitence on Aug 13, 2020 - 06:07; edited 7 times in total
mushoomy

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2020 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

===

Do you want to add more excitement to spectating SWL? Have you ever wondered how many SPP your team would get if Impak and Niabatteroo? After a 7 season absence, the SWL Fantasy league is back! Hosted by the adorable former pugs, Chocolate and Strawberry...

Strawberry: And doesn't it feel AMAZEBALLS to be in the spotlight again! What a great way to spend our retirement, don't you think?
Chocolate: I'd much rather be on the pitch... It's a good thing mushoomy isn't a postman... or a squirrel... grrrrr
Strawberry: Great enthusiasm to kick things off Chocolate. Let's get into what the Fantasy League is!

===

===

What is it?

The SWL Fantasy League is a fun way to add extra excitement to spectating SWL. It is a way to compete with fellow coaches by creating fantasy teams out of your favourite players in SWL.

How it works:

-You have a 1200 budget to select players from SWL Season 83 teams. A player's total cost is their positional price plus their skill cost. WTR cost is not included.

-You may spend 1250 on your team if you include a big guy on your roster. A big guy includes Trolls, Ogres, Mummies Etc. This number does not increase if you were to choose more than one big guy.

-Rosters must have between 11 and 16 players

-Only one player from each SWL team. For example, you cannot have two players from Concussion Protocol.

-Maximum of one position type per race. This means you are unable to get 2 Skaven Gutter Runners, but you may get 1 Skaven Gutter Runner and 1 Underworld Gutter Runner. (Yes, that means if you wish, you can field 4 types of goblin!)

-Players must not be hired if they have earned spp in Season 83 of SWL. This means any player that has earned spp in season 83 is ineligible for your fantasy team.

-You may not choose a player from your own SWL team. This is to ensure full focus on SWL. This also means if you are not currently an SWL player, you may still participate in the Fantasy League.

-MVP's are not included in SPP Total.

===

===

Strawberry: The team that has earned the most SPP by the end of the season will be crowned the champ of the Fantasy League and will take back the Fantasy Cup and unlimited bragging rights.
Chocolate: Please PM mushoomy your fantasy teams ASAP. Deadline is THE END OF ROUND 1 OF SWL. In your PM, please use this format:

Player Name - Cost - Team - Race + Position - Player ID

Chocolate: Please note that teams are currently undergoing rebuy process. Some obvious picks may want to retire. Be aware of this and check the rebuy link to see whether the player you want, wants to retire or not.
Strawberry: Let's hope we have a successful Fantasy season! Otherwise mushoomy may put us down for good....

===

===

Past Winners

Season 66: Budget of 1500, No Big Guy bonus, Must have 1 player from your own team, MVP's included
Winner: Manzoo - 203spp in 71
Runner-Up: Karnov - 186spp in 70
Wooden Spoon: D_Arquebus - 99spp in 58

Season 67: Own player ruling excluded, Not allowed to choose your own players
Winner: m0gw41 - 173spp in 68 games
Runner-Up: Tomay - 152spp in 63 games
Wooden Spoon: Manzoo - 93spp in 64 games

Season 68: 50k Big Guy bonus introduced, excluded mvp's, FortisBot was created
Winner: Tussock - 159spp in 64 games
Runner-Up: Balle2000 - 134spp in 66 games
Wooden Spoon: Redgum - 88spp in 56 games

Season 69: No new changes
Winner: Mushoomy - 169spp in 68 games
Runner-Up: Balle2000 - 164spp in 73 games
Wooden Spoon: Relezite - 69spp in 57 games

Season 70: No new changes
Winner: Mushoomy - 152spp in 66 games
Runner-Up: Tussock - 144spp in 65 games
Wooden Spoon: Pdarbs - 69spp in 67 games

Season 71: No Fantasy League due to the redraft

Season 72: Budget of 1100
Winner: Jevouse - 148spp in 63 games
Runner-Up: Tussock - 127spp in 66 games
Wooden Spoon: Pdarbs - 72spp in 57 games

Season 73: Budget of 1150, FortisBot officially broken
Winner: JPM - 166spp in 75 games
Runner-Up: Mushoomy - 125spp in 69 games
Wooden Spoon: Sharper - 72spp in 64 games

Season 74: Budget of 1200
Winner: Ramchop - 178spp in 69 games
Runner-Up: Mushoomy - 146spp in 75 games
Wooden Spoon: Pdarbs - 59spp in 72 games

Season 75: Teams may now have 11 - 16 players
Winner: Mushoomy - 162spp in 68 games
Runner-Up: Daudy - 156spp in 74 games
Wooden Spoon: Nebula753 - 47spp in 61 games

Last edited by mushoomy on Aug 04, 2020 - 02:50; edited 2 times in total
swladmin

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2020 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Rarrrrrrr

ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2020 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:

16. Clay with the dorfs.

1. Teams 9, 11, 13 are missing?
2. How do my Dorfs end up being behind those "glorious High Elves" when you have never beaten them in 3 meetings?? Amateurs! haha

Lucky you dodged us in the Confs this year Wink
Semitence

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 05:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Predictions are up! Good luck to all the coaches.
tussock

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

@Clay, 9, 11, 13, and others missing are the prem and reggies teams mentioned elsewhere.

And, looking at it, I think your Dorfs are behind because you're in the conference of death. Three teams fresh out of Prem and two others that won (or almost) their respective Regional titles, all with long-time top performing coaches on them. Plus they're not exactly overwhelming in size.

If you were in my conf, might look a little different. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2020 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
tussock wrote:

16. Clay with the dorfs.

1. Teams 9, 11, 13 are missing?
2. How do my Dorfs end up being behind those "glorious High Elves" when you have never beaten them in 3 meetings?? Amateurs! haha

Lucky you dodged us in the Confs this year Wink

At least you made the list!
swladmin

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2020 - 06:38 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Season LXXXIII Round 1 Axe

SWL Premier League LXXXIII

All Clear

SWL Kai the Kobra Conference LXXXIII

All Clear

SWL Walter Crawford Conference LXXXIII

All Clear

SWL T.S.B. Harrod, Esq. Conference LXXXIII

All Clear

SWL Warpsurge Quirk Conference LXXXIII

All Clear

SWL Sakh'Alin Tigers Regional LXXXIII

Skye Hoppers! vs Salute οf the Jugger - forfeit to Hoppers

Round 2 due 31st August

swladmin

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2020 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Season LXXXIII Round 2 Axe

All Clear

All Clear

All Clear

All Clear

All Clear

All Clear

Round 3 due 7th September

swladmin

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2020 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Season LXXXIII Round 3 Axe

All Clear

All Clear

All Clear

All Clear

All Clear

All Clear

Round 4 due 14th September

swladmin

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2020 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Season LXXXIII Round 4 Axe

All Clear

All Clear

All Clear

All Clear

All Clear

All Clear

Round 5 due 21st September

swladmin

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2020 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Season LXXXIII Round 5 Axe

Lab Rat Elysium vs Bronzed Raiders - Extension Tuesday 2pm

All Clear

All Clear

All Clear

An Illustrious Career vs Blood Crag Stripes - provisional double forfeit. No comms.

All Clear

Round 6 due 28th September

Jump to: