50 coaches online • Server time: 17:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Trickey

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2020 - 05:28 Reply with quote Back to top

So here it is Cecilio in all its glory the Sucker cup, one of Osbbl’s most contested competitions.

I am the Mascara Snake one time Session Clarinet player for Obbl’s own Plutocrat Silky Wilkinson and the Tentacles. With me is Cecillio regular fans will know he has followed in the fine traditions of other players before him who died in the final only to have their soul brought back to commentate on the Osbbl. So we will passover to him in a minute to give us the juice on the teams. Firstly more about the cup what are some of your favourite memories of the competition Cecilio.

Thank you Snake yeh so many memories, i am trying to forget about the final against the Griffons last year but their season 3 final against the Mounkain Kings is one of Legend. John Wayne the infamous mecranary Zombie killing the Handmaiden in the final with a cheeky boot is the clear memory for me. Lets see what new memories can be in this romantic competition tht sees Minnows battle sharks (There are actual Sharks-ed). So let's look at the opening Matches.

Tall Order, Pygmy, Planting Lemur Vs Half Cut, Dryad, Ramchop

So Snake the Drunken Dryads are back and they have a point to prove as the perennial underachievers of the league Wink (do not upset Ramchop-ed) Stoli Poli is the birch to watch but she has a dense shrubbery in support and personally I would see this team making the Semis before being cut short.

Do not tell the pygmies though as they have proved their mettle many times this season already. Could they cause an upset? Well Top Shelf will have to produce a performance of gargantuan proportions to stay out of the Vast Wilderness.

Those Annoying Gits, Dwarf Engineers, (Sharper) Vs The Disgruntled Bus Drivers Union, Black Dwarf, Barbafett

A Dwarf off this will either be the last dwarf standing or a 2-1 in overtime. The Disgruntled Bus drivers were a bit of a non event last season avoiding the Mullet but only just so much potential especially Colin.

Those Annoying Gits have not Graced the Osbbl since season one and thus are the dark horse of this competition. Kharzgth is there talisman and though he has not led them anywhere of late between him and Chopper Reid the side will make an impression on this competition.

Gaen Griffons, Averlorn (Fool) Vs Tahlasee Rattlers, Snakemen, (Miyaso)

The previous holders the Griffons this was meant to be their springboard towards a successful Sword season but with the Griffons missing out on the playoffs for the first time ever it was definitely not. The Griffons line up is very different these days but through Lyudmila Mikhailovna Pavlichenko the squad have a real chance of doing the double. Would I put my money on it well not all of it but yes.

The Rattlers had a middling season and they almost slithered into the playoffs. If they are to beat the Griffons they will have to be on top of their game but I would not put it past Cameron Sapp and the Snakemen to turn up a big win when the heat is on.

Banda Sagrada de Magritta, Myrmidia (Arthur Wynne) Vs Beards bikinis and Beers

Well my old squad and last year's finalist have not had the best season but we are always up for the fight and I think the March toward the final will be inevitable. Ademar Garcia Menendez will be the one to bring glory back to the soldiers.

I do not think they could have had a tougher opener than last year's division champions and semi finalist Beers and Bikinis. This Ironclad side has not been seen for a while, and is often slow to answer anything. They were the highest casualty causing team in the Osbbl until the rise of the Blender Monkees and will want to make a difference in the cup. Houtik with nearly 2 cas per game will be the player who takes them to the final if they get past the first round.

News in the Banda have retreated from the Sucker opening up the field for everyone's favourite Squig side the Southpaw Stormers to return. Will the Bastard Squig hold the Ironclad dwarves at bay. If so they would have to do something Historic for them and win a game!

PutridProud, Clan pestilence (Knine) Vs The Blimp, Valkyrie (Blue Million Miles)

PutridProud have been one of the star turns of the season only just missing out on the playoffs. If they are going to do anything all eyes will ne on Trump.

The Blimp have already written a Saga of their up and down seasons. The brutal team deserve something and could this be their year? Hildr is a valkyrie of ill repute and she will look to take the squad to the final.

DSR, Clan Eshin (Black Caps) Vs Cheese Eating Blender Monkees, Clan Moulder (MrCushtie)

The Rat off the Mullet replay the match of matches. These two foes will also face each other in the rat O Nine Tails and who is to say what will happen. DSR got the better of the Cheese eaters, stabbing their brutal Kisses on their way to a Mullet win. Kenshin will want to lead his tribe to the final and I can see it happening. The DSR had the most deaths in the open season and the Cheese Eating Blender Monkees will be hoping to continue their reign of terror with Snuggles being deadly. If the Monkees get through round one who ever they met in round 2 will be petrified.

Little Trouble in big Cathay, Cathay (Barbafett) Vs Their Mother Love them, Hung (Smeborg)

The first ever Sword champions Their Mothers Love them return and we will all have to remember how to hang with a Hung. Mister Chuckles always their most consistent performer will be looking to reopen the trophy cabinet to hold the Sucker cup chances are slim.

Little Trouble in big Cathay had a great season and only just missed out on a place in the Sword semi finals the Lunchpacks of Notredamme sending them packing. The trouble are a side capable of heroic feats. We all adore Gracie Law and if the talismanic player doesn’t stay in the same spot for too long she might steer them to their first trophy.

Larry Vaughans Love Spawn, Stormfel (Trickey) Vs Rattus Invictus, Clan Morrs (Felix17)

The Invictus crowd have been a stand out side this season and will come from the Sword final straight into the cup. There is no rest for the wicked. In the open season they easily waltzed past the Love Spawn and they would be hopeful to do the same again. Squegr Quick-Strike will be looking to remove the cultists from the field. Invictus will at least make the Semifinals or be in the final at least.

Larry Vaughans Love Spawn produced another forgettable season and the big fish have been off their game. With Philip FitzRoyce missing the opening game and Dennis Quaid being sliced into Chum all pressure will be on the wonderful Mrs Taft to deliver.

So thats my take on it Snake.

Well Cecillio a massive thank you from us all at Osbbl. We will now let you wait to watch the Sword final before slipping away from this realm again.

To my Osbbl peeps enjoy the spectacle and let us hear from you about you tales of glory honour and splooshes. Stay weird…..
 Jump to: