37 coaches online • Server time: 13:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CAB

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2020 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The new fouling rule will make the playing field more even between the teams. Teams can now bash roughly on an equal way. You now give some valued options to teams with access to general/agility players or just straight up agility such as stunty players (with cheap bribes).

It also is much better balance than Piling On as fouling rarely give you SPP. It can give SPP occasionally but not often.

There also is the option of getting a Biased Referee to mitigate the opponent fouling you.

So there are ways around it.

Fouling also are less efficient as you might lose valuable positioning trying to maximise it if you are too greedy.

In my oppinion fouling is better than the old stock and trade Piling On skill.
Niessuh

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2020 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

No one has mentioned yet here the biggest change alongside the new sneaky git: guard could be used with fouling. This gives pure bashing teams an advantage.

Anyways, fouling could be easily deactivated with the "biased reference" inductement so building a team focused on fouling could be dangerous.
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2020 - 07:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't got the new book in front of me atm. But isn't bias ref like 120k ish? (A bit cheaper for a few of the teams iirc 80k?) Also don't you get +1 to argue to call if you are the team with the bias ref.

Seems like bias ref is a buff to fouling teams that keep their TV down.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't memorised the whole rule book yet.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2020 - 08:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Foul all menz
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2020 - 08:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunty teams will be able to level the field nicely! Particularly ones with cheap swarming snotlings.

I also predict Black Orcs to be a great fouling team: lots of Strength to dominate blocks, Guard access, Grab all round to place their victims optimally and cheap goblins with sneaky git to finish em off!

Oscar Wilde
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2020 - 08:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes 120k for most teams. 80k for Goblin, snots, Underworld and Black Orc.

Most of the time this looks to be a better pick than a single bribe.

You can never get sent off; your opponent is discouraged from fouling. Seems like it will have more impact over the length of a whole game

Lyracian.
Muff2n

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2020 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep for sure I want to level a human catcher with SG and DP asap and mighty blow ground blitz every turn. Then level another. The odds of removal Vs being caught are so in my favour that I'd be mad not to. Only those blasted regeneration teams might make me pause, as they might come back to the pitch.
Mattius

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2020 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

It will never be as broken as clmbpo. Main reason being that every single team will have access to it. Teams with cheap linemen will need to pay over the odds for it except for stunties. Teams with expensive linemen have easier access but more risk. Stunties are the winners here and I don't think anyone can complain too much about that.
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2020 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Third ed, was the fouling edition, not this. It was +2 for DP and you even got spp for fouling then so every team had several DPs. The game was about how to make sure you got your (gang) foul in every turn and on the flip side how to stop your players getting fouled effectively. Just a new type of positional play, people will learn to adjust soon enough, but I dont think it will be so extreme under these rules.

People don't foul enough under the current rules, it needed a buff.
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2020 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

It did need a buff, I agree. Its deffo not 3rd edition stupidity either thank god. I still think we'll see significant whinging, probably a month or 2 after launch on the site

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2020 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
Third ed, was the fouling edition, not this. It was +2 for DP and you even got spp for fouling then so every team had several DPs. The game was about how to make sure you got your (gang) foul in every turn and on the flip side how to stop your players getting fouled effectively. Just a new type of positional play, people will learn to adjust soon enough, but I dont think it will be so extreme under these rules.

People don't foul enough under the current rules, it needed a buff.

It also will to some degree hurt the teams that cage up and are not serious about trying to score for eight turns. I suddenly have 9-11 players go nuts on the opposing 5-6 players that are not protecting the ball.

It might give some nudge to mitigate stalling plays which are done badly.

Especially in League play where it is important not to have your players injured or even miss games.
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2020 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, we'll see how it plays out. I don't think stunty teams needed any more of a buff though, they have been improved enough recently. In the competition sense it's fine of course - and I don't begrudge their long-suffering coaches! - I just don't like it fluff-wise. The whole point of stunties right from 1st Edition was they were supposed to be pretty hopeless and a bit of a laugh - a draw was like a major achievement, that was the fun behind them. Like the Lowdown Rats fans who endlessly turned up hoping for one win. If stunties start getting towards 50% win rates (and some have already got a lot better), it just doesn't feel right, and I don't really get what they are supposed to offer when they become another 'normal' team.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2020 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Bring back PaulHicks! Kick everyone!

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2020 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

CAB: Joined: Aug 01, 2003

Was it confirmed long ago that CAB is associated with GW somehow, and/or the writing of BBowl rules? Maybe I missed that? Maybe put that in your 'ABOUT' section?

I appreciate educated input, so if it is educated input, maybe speak up about that bit? You often speak in certainties, which implies some experience with the upcoming rule set, I would hope.

Reading your stuff, I assumed you had some games here, but just very few, based on earlier replies. I was very surprised to see ZERO games played. You haven't got time for 1 game per month at FUMBBL?

Not attacking.. just wondering..

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2020 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
CAB: Joined: Aug 01, 2003

Was it confirmed long ago that CAB is associated with GW somehow, and/or the writing of BBowl rules? Maybe I missed that? Maybe put that in your 'ABOUT' section?

I appreciate educated input, so if it is educated input, maybe speak up about that bit? You often speak in certainties, which implies some experience with the upcoming rule set, I would hope.

Reading your stuff, I assumed you had some games here, but just very few, based on earlier replies. I was very surprised to see ZERO games played. You haven't got time for 1 game per month at FUMBBL?

Not attacking.. just wondering..

I have my hands on the fully leaked rules and I have played roughly a dozen board game matches in sort of a league setting with the new rules. Three different teams..

That is all...

I have played on Fumbble a VERY long time ago... most likely under another account or my records is lost... I have no idea about that... but I certainly played less than 100 games on Fumbble.
 Jump to: