52 coaches online • Server time: 18:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PrivateNiCeGuY

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2020 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Dropped out of BB earlier this year and are looking at coming back because of BB2020.
Always fun to keep the team (history and stuff) but I think redrafting with a tiered system is the way to go.
Might need to make sure the seasons are long enough to get to the higer TV when redraft happens.

But again not 100% back yet
tussock

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2020 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Just for no reason at all, admin in SSL and SWL and play in DIBBL and NCBB.

The options for leagues from the ruleset look to be aiming for

* redraft cap: so you can effectively have whatever size rebuy you like.
    * money for W/D/L, games, and base funds: so you can get to the cap as easy as you like.
    * number of free seasons: so players can wait 2-3 seasons, or 20, before their price goes up.
    * how much you add to players per season, past that. So 5k, or 50k, whatever.
    * and games per season: where teams outside a tournament either redraft or enter another tournament if they're at least that many.

So if you like 2000+ TV teams, and players who do about 3-4 seasons minimum, you can just have that, is clearly the aim. Rebuy is huge for squishy teams that get beat up, while keeping the big bash in check and stopping 80+ game superstar spam ruling the roost.

Get into it, ya mugs. Though honestly, ~1600 rebuy for short seasons is plenty, more teams still work well there, feels like fairly developed squads at season start, and new teams can catch you in 2-3 short seasons still, for Prem!

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2020 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Tussock, that's really helpful!

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2020 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

As I've been playing with Rickson By Armbar in WIL for over 14 years now (I think the longest running team in WIL and likely one of the longest running league teams on the site) I vote 100% for porting teams over!

Although I am obviously biased here, I feel it would be a real shame for the longer running teams to lose all their games and history.

I wouldn't mind restarting my team with rookies (although it would still be a shame) but only if there was someway the team could keep their game numbers recorded?

RBA has 403 WIL games under their belt!
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2020 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

With a big league like WIL I wonder if it would be possible to have different season-end thresholds at different tiers? e.g. 2000 in the Prem, then say 1600 Tier 2, 1300 Tier 3? That could be quite cool as the divisions would reflect how big and famous the teams are - fluff-wise you would expect a minnow in Tier 3 to have far less money and fewer good players compared to a Prem side. In practice it would also allow the Prem to keep lots of big old sides and their star players (and honestly, where is the fun in building an old team full of history, only to sack most of the stars at frequent intervals?), while those in the lower tiers would be forced to be smaller and thus enable new coaches to integrate well (i.e. you don't get a 2000TV Chaos side going down to tier 3 and then smashing up 1000TV rookies who then give up!). Relegation will then matter more as a team would be forced to retire some players (also realistic). If the gaps for promoted sides are a concern, you could rule that a promoted side uses the next TV threshold up at season end, or even give them a 'bonus' payment in GP to ease the step up?

Just an idea though and I have no idea if it would be possible to implement different thresholds at different tiers?! Haven't had enough time to play in the WIL for years but it is a good one, hope it stays strong!
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2020 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

So, what is the news Purplechest? Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2020 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

As a new player looking for a League I will add a couple of thoughts.

Why have a hard cap at all? It is optional in the rules.

Not sure how many games you have in a regular season but with ten games, average performance and Treasury teams are looking at a redraft budget of 1550. No cap is an incentive for coaches to win games and hold onto a reasonable amount of gp. Otherwise as soon as you know you will reach the cap you might as well keep spending all your cash on Inducements each game.

The question is what you do about Friendly games? Something offered by the rules to help team development and your redraft fund but in a large league it would seem to favour those that have extra time to play more games rather than being balanced. I could see allowing teams not in the play offs to play the same number of games as there are play-off rounds. that means all teams have played the same number of games.

Lyracian.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2020 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the best thing to do is initially just keep to the current rules as close as possible. Once the full changes as well as what is possible to have as optional rules for leagues is known then we can decide how to move forward.

In general I'm not a fan of the way caps have been designed in bb16 seasons so for me it depends on the options league will have to set how gold is awarded. The big problem with how seasons rules work is they are basically a handicap to worse players as they gove the best players more gold at the end of a season.

Right now I can't say anything more than than two things first I'm opposed to a season mechanic that awards better coaches more gold for the rebuy.

Second like Bill I have a team I've played for years, only team I've ever played and I agree with his sentiments about old teams. I also would add from my own experience I have never felt the prem has needed a cap there have always been large teams of different races and no one team whilst I have been in the WIL has dominated it and I really enjoy playing with my team against the other old teams season after season.

DLE College 7s
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2020 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
Yeah, I would agree with porting and then redrafting every 2 seasons. Suggestion re drafting would be approx 1800 prem, 1600 next tier and 1400 final tier, tvs subject to change depending on how the rules pan out. This actually works to keep the balance between the divisions right as well, rookie teams shouldn't be competing versus 2k teams in the same league imo. Whilst prem teams should be bigger and (generally) better.

Not strictly BB2020 related, but I would also prefer fewer promotions/relegations, 5 per div seems too much and makes it harder to build rivalries when people don't stay in the same division as much.

@ArthurWynne: Would suggest suck it and see approach, there are definitely some things about the new rules that hurt development of unique/special players, but on the other hand should also encourage unique/special teams where you have more control to build skills that more clearly match your playstyle.

I'd prefer less up and down. I think it makes more games more meaningful as well.

DLE College 7s
Joe1982

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2020 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to try and stay close to the new rules - WIL is a large league that represents Blood Bowl as it is written. We have CIBBL, BIBBL, etc. for other ways of playing. So that would include seasons and fairly aggressive redrafts. I think setting different redraft limits for different division sounds good, as others have suggested, but if the prem has a very high red draft budget I'm not sure how much that would be in the spirit of the new rules. Perhaps 1600 or maybe 1700 as a maximum? As others have said, it would be a real shame to lose the very old teams, so I hope it doesn't come to that. Finally, I agree with the point that winning should not make your redraft larger. Maybe a little larger, but too much will likely make it very hard for new coaches.
bakadon

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2020 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

New to the WIL, just finished first season down in the Albany regional.

Id just like to add I really enjoyed my first season in the WIL (first closed league season I've ever completed despite my age!) and would love it to continue on till the new rules are implemented. Obviously I don't know the ins and outs as much as you as to when the site is getting updated to reflect the new edition. But if its not anytime soon don't we just go again with current rules Smile sorry over eager at getting games played to create my history

Understand others already with history are happy to wait for the new version.

I wanted to say I dont like the idea of higher redraft caps (against limiting competition) per division but listening to the points above it might plug in better with relegations certainly as the bigger team has to cut the budget. The problem with the lower teams is that they get 1 season to build their team up to avoid relegation and cutting those players they had just improved to compete. Think someone mentioned something to make it a little easier for promoted teams which might make the different ratings fair and workable.

I like promotion and relegation and agree with someone else that I think the amount of up and down seems crazy. Id have thought it would be 1 up and down with an additional 1 up/down via a play off (ie 2nd bottom in prem plays 2nd in championship)

Like I said Im new and happy to do whatever Smile Just really enjoyed the banter, group chat and occasional match reports and stats we had going down in Albany

Anyhow time for 1 more Sunday beer! Apologies if the above is grammatically correct its the Ghost Ship!

Give me an A
Give me an L

RAAAAA

Brother Bakadon
TheFear

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2020 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

New to WIL this season and enjoyed. Ive been playing Necro.

When the new rules come in it would cool to be able to keep the team (whatever the redraft cap) but just swap the Wights out for the new positionals - maybe even transfer the spp.
PeteW

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2020 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

TheFear wrote:
New to WIL this season and enjoyed. Ive been playing Necro.

When the new rules come in it would cool to be able to keep the team (whatever the redraft cap) but just swap the Wights out for the new positionals - maybe even transfer the spp.

Hehe - get those pre-wraiths trained up whilst its easy! Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2020 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Echoing a number of the other respondents on this thread...

I also enjoyed the big builds that W.I.L. offered... This of course led to the Premier League having monster teams, but we haven't seen any one team dominate recently, so to me that speaks to all being well and good.

Holding the team with the biggest T.V. I had elected to put them on ice and start again.... but if we're applying a cap to all teams, perhaps I was too hasty and should reconsider!!

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2020 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Having the 2nd-oldest team, I am in favor of porting teams, for the history and rivalry
Playing in the competitive divisions as well, I would not like to see WIL drift too far apart.
So, if the limit is 1350 there, I think we should have 1500/1300/1100 or something
Disclaimer: still to fully comprehend them new rulz
 Jump to: