47 coaches online • Server time: 16:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Khemri
Better
71%
 71%  [ 49 ]
Worse
10%
 10%  [ 7 ]
Same
18%
 18%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 69

Balle2000

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2020 - 08:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi.

As far as I can tell, these are the changes for Khemri:

+ Blitz-ra gains Thick Skull
+ Thro-ra gains Thick Skull
+ Tomb Guardian access to Brawler

- Tomb Guardians Break Tackle on 3+ (previously 1+)

Is this an overall improvement, or have Khemri been nerfed again?

EDIT: Added more pros

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010

Last edited by Balle2000 on %b %08, %2020 - %19:%Dec; edited 3 times in total
Muff2n

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2020 - 08:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't forget the improved passing ability of the thrower! There are other changes like the impact of decay (won't change a single game or resurrection tournaments though). Plus with the higher cost of +str, the tomb guardians are likely to be uncontested, though you can't feed them MVPs.

Anyway I'm a man who likes free stuff so I'll take thick skull thank you very much, voted better.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2020 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Muff2n wrote:
Don't forget the improved passing ability of the thrower!

I didn't Cool

What's the change to Decay?

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Grod

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2020 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Totally nerfed. Tomb Guardians can't pass AT ALL! Just really limits their versatility.

In all seriousness, the biggest rule change may be the "jump" rule. I have a feeling this may make it easier for teams to pressure Khemri on those deep kicks when they are struggling to pick up the ball. So the roster may look better, but unsure how that sits amongst the broader rule changes.

Oscar Wilde
mekutata

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2020 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess better? I am still irritated about the new Break Tackle rule. But I feel confident that in "short" BB 2020 environments (this weird new redrafting after couple of games, you know?) added Thick Skull will have stronger effect than break tackling TGs.
I read legends about strong Khemris in previous editions (when fouling was handled different). So maybe just give Sneaky Git to the Tomb Guardian..

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2020 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Hard to say... yes, the jump rules mean that elf types can break down the LoS and jump over into the backfield. The counter to this is to put the TG's on the LoS, but I have always been one to put skellies there and the TG's as a ST5 net behind.

And in old days Khemri loaded up with Dirty Player... I think Sneaky Git will be the skill of choice for skeletons now as well. Less send offs and greater mobility to foul and run and then keep the defensive net.

For TG's I think Guard and Stand Firm will be the way to go... I dont think saving for a chosen secondary (Block) is going to be worthwhile or possible in a season or two before the rebuy Agent Fees kick in.

But because you wont see any opposing +ST's you will see Khemri will remain the #1 strength team and will not get out manoueved easily.
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2020 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

One thing people haven't noted is that TG's Decay now essentially gives them a niggling injury on injury, making AV breaks far more dangerous. But overall it looks good for Khemri.
CAB

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2020 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Wolbum wrote:
One thing people haven't noted is that TG's Decay now essentially gives them a niggling injury on injury, making AV breaks far more dangerous. But overall it looks good for Khemri.

I would say this is better than what it was before. Before you rolled twice and applied both results, that must categorically have been much worse.

Now you add +1 on a D16 roll.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2020 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:

For TG's I think Guard and Stand Firm will be the way to go...

I was thinking Guard and Brawler on TGs. Blocking would be less risky.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %08, %2020 - %13:%Dec; edited 2 times in total
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2020 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Fouling is better, therefore Khemri are better Smile
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2020 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Claw+MB nerf helps the Blitzers and the TGs too, and even the new Kick Off table (for example, Pitch Invasion and Blitz! were 2 really bad events for Khemri).
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2020 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, niggle is far less dangerous in bb2020 than currently; so having decay effectively niggle them doesn't really do much (+1 on the CAS roll, not the injury roll; so only if you are already cas-ed by the injury roll, you have a better chance of being cas-ed worse. therefore, due to regen, literally 0 in game effect)
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2020 - 16:25
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Isn’t the ability to choose to take a ‘Double’ a big benefit for them, or is it too many spps to be worthwhile?

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2020 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
Isn’t the ability to choose to take a ‘Double’ a big benefit for them, or is it too many spps to be worthwhile?

To choose a secondary skill as your first skill, thats 12spp. Without Mighty Blow and with MVP's being randomly assigned on a d16 (and then only worth 4spp not 5spp), I think you will be hard pressed to get to 12spp in a season of 15 games. Then in Season 2, the cost goes up +20k and you really have to ask yourself is a rookie TG with "some" spp worth it...

I think MattDakka is right, Brawler might be handy to convert those both downs into pow for 6spp (or you get lucky randomly at 3spp)
Muff2n

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2020 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Fouling is only a little buffed for them (guard providing assists). I don't see them getting to sneaky git. At least with many thick skulls and regen, being fouled is less of an issue for khemri.

The comments about jump are interesting though. Khemri already struggle vs agility teams.

I'm not a fan of brawler. It reduces the chance of a failure from 1/9 to 1/18 (if 2D block), which isn't that big of a deal. And I assume that it stops you from using the team RR...? Anway, not a lot for 20k.

Last edited by Muff2n on %b %08, %2020 - %17:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: