42 coaches online • Server time: 11:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Coewolf

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2021 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,
I know it´s not a biggest sample (approx. 15-20 games where I used Apo), but so far I didn´t have any Apo with different result than the previous one. Quite a lot of Killed to Killed results (which I considered just as Nuffle´s mockery and nothing else), but when it happend also for stat decrease (I think it was Smashed Knee) I started to wonder. And really till this day I didn´t have any different injury result from Apo.
Am I just super unlucky or could it be some issue?
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2021 - 00:11
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Every day someone is the unluckiest coach on FUMBBL, and someone the unluckiest in the world.

Sadly, with apothecaries, it seems to have been your turn.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2021 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

It does seem to happen quite a bit..But it works on badly hurts! i see you have even used them on KOs which is good. I never do that even if it may make sense.

I see it did the cursed kill-kill on your last match. And a previous was niggle-niggle. Nasty!

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2021 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Apothecary dice are tilted for newer FUMBBL members. Once you have been here for a while, you should see more Badly Hurts.

Oscar Wilde
tussock

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2021 - 04:04 Reply with quote Back to top

That happens all the time, all the best players go out on a double death. Stu Wilson, turn zero rock, dead, apo dead.

Confirmation bias, basically. Once you start thinking a thing is happening a lot, like dead, apo dead, which you notice for sure because it's usually a nice player, stuff like a perm mirror is great confirmation. Except, yeah, lots of people here didn't get that, and probably you had a few didn't get that either, it's just harder to remember the boring old apo-actually-working-well-for-once counter-factuals, especially from a little while back.

I had a thing for a while with my KoR guys getting High Kicks when they got under the ball. Like, just a long run of them, but then there was some didn't, and then did again, like, whut? It's just not right, something must be going on, right? But nah, just confirmation bias.

Play enough games, you probably still won't get used to it. It's just not fair! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2021 - 04:07 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 Coewolf

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2021 - 04:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I may or may not have given up purchasing an apo on some of my teams do to this (knowing full well that I am a small sample size and have full confirmation bias, and I know the rng is perfect)
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2021 - 05:28 Reply with quote Back to top

The best way to use an Apo in Ranked or Blackbox is on an early KO or Badly Hurt.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2021 - 07:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Apos are for winning games with a BH or KO return. No saving people. That is how I try to use them anyway
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2021 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Apothecary dice are tilted for newer FUMBBL members. Once you have been here for a while, you should see more Badly Hurts.

This is a joke^. I know that is pretty obvious but I've seen people regurgitating stuff like this on reddit believing its true.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2021 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I tend to save my apothecary for serious injury (stat busts and worse). I find they work about 2/3 of the time.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2021 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I appreciate it's the way the game is, but I always thought it would be nicer if it was not random and could be used to reduce the injury category by 1
E.g. Death -> SI -> BH -> KO -> Stunned -> Prone.

It would reduce a lot of the frustration of death to death rolls for those who want to use it from a teambuilding standpoint and provide more certainty for those using it to win the game at hand
BeanBelly

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2021 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
The best way to use an Apo in Ranked or Blackbox is on an early KO or Badly Hurt.

Agree 100% with this. I mostly use Apotho for BH; rarely to save special players.
I admit might feel differently if I ever had a fragile natural 1turner to protect!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2021 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, most of times, the best Apo use (due to automatic success) is on KO and Badly Hurt, unless you are trying to save a very special and important player (for example, a Legend hit by a rock on turn 0).
Heff

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2021 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Not so much the APO thing, but a kick off that ends up on the touchline WILL go off.
 Jump to: