21 coaches online • Server time: 05:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Will bb2020 changes make you retire from fumbbl?
Never, fumbbl 4eva!
76%
 76%  [ 338 ]
Completely retire
2%
 2%  [ 10 ]
Retire except still do league
7%
 7%  [ 32 ]
Retire except still do some tournaments
0%
 0%  [ 2 ]
Undecided
13%
 13%  [ 61 ]
Total Votes : 443

smallman

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2021 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I am concerned that the changes to seasons and the massive nerf to passing will cause a massive exodus from fumbbl, so lets do a poll.
Chivite

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2021 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

bb is still bb, if anything im looking forwards a change in meta and playstile
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2021 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Never give up!
Malmir

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2021 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted undecided. I am going to see if I still enjoy playing it. No matter how it turns out, and I hope to be singing its praises in year's time, the vote so far is hardly a ringing endorsement of how the new rules are perceived, with almost half so far (12/25) either undecided or considering some form of retirement.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2021 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

As an aside, CRP was not a very fun ruleset, unless you liked Cpomb and minmaxing.
I played it just because it was BB, but it was not what I wanted from the game.
Grod

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2021 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Where are the options for - I am excited and looking to play more? Keen to try out the new ruleset and come up with new strategies?

Lots of "Retire" options - what a crap biased poll. What is even your point? Very negative post.

Oscar Wilde
smallman

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2021 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow maybe read first option again
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2021 - 02:23
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

We will lose some coaches.
Some coaches will return,a nd already are doing so.
I really hope some brand new people will try Blood Bowl

How that will all add up, i don't know. But i have hope.
And if it all turns out to be just awful, then i hope the message will reach GW and they will enjoy making some new money with BB2022

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2021 - 03:19 Reply with quote Back to top

undecided for now. so much to try and see. probably undecided for a few months after the new roll out here too, if I'm honest. I hope to not feel like I've lost something I really enjoy.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2021 - 03:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Although I voted 'Retire except still do league', I'm not sure I'll actually still even do that. The 'Seasons' BS can largely be mitigated in League, but the horrible crippling of passing will certainly make my favored teams (HE/EU/Slann) nearly unplayable. Sad
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2021 - 03:54 Reply with quote Back to top

*shakes head* certainly not unplayable. potentially a very different playstyle, but not unplayable. (Admittedly, my preferred team is Lizardmen, so my view of passing is VERY different to someone who likes the high elf long bomb)
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2021 - 04:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
*shakes head* certainly not unplayable. potentially a very different playstyle, but not unplayable.
I said 'nearly unplayable'...of course they're playable, an all Thrall/Hobgoblin team is playable! But people shouldn't be forced to completely abandon a time honored playstyle (e.g. Elf Passing) that's been around since the beginning...

Nelphine wrote:
(Admittedly, my preferred team is Lizardmen, so my view of passing is VERY different to someone who likes the high elf long bomb)
As it should be.. but forcing all Elves to play like DE isn't a welcome change. And for what it's worth the biggest effect on elves isn't the 'long bomb' (Throwers can still do that), it's the inability to strip, scoop, and pass out on Defense (since Throwers are unlikely to be able to do it and now Catchers CAN'T. Sad )
Wozzaa

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2021 - 04:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Where are the options for - I am excited and looking to play more? Keen to try out the new ruleset and come up with new strategies?

Lots of "Retire" options - what a crap biased poll. What is even your point? Very negative post.

Very negative. And the results seem to be going against the poll's purpose.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2021 - 05:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Expecting to play more, really.

Hoping for an option to regularly reset teams to 1000k all new players, as an alternative to rebuy, and get them into the box trophy and rookie rumbles repeatedly. Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2021 - 05:23 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
Expecting to play more, really.

Hoping for an option to regularly reset teams to 1000k all new players, as an alternative to rebuy, and get them into the box trophy and rookie rumbles repeatedly. Smile

That would be fun. Really build a team with history.