47 coaches online • Server time: 12:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MightyQuinn

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2021 - 06:59 Reply with quote Back to top

So I have been trying to put together some history of Blood Bowl, reading most all old publications and such and it seems GW might not pay attention Blood Bowls History.

The Skavenblight Scramblers won all trophies in 2493 and Orcidas Team of the Year yet.

I Found in some publications Chaos All-Stars won Dungeon Bowl and Chaos Cup in 2493. The have the new Middenheim Maulers also winning Blood Bowl in 2493.

They have the Blood Bowl Champions list in a few publications but in stories dont match up with some of the winners.

BB V - World Edge Wanderers defeated Vynvalkyries (Norsca Rampagers)
But also have Middenheim Maulers defeating the Southstorm squids

BB XIII - Nurgle's Rotters defeated Naggaroth Nigthwings (Nightmares)
but have Evil Gits defeating Reikland Reavers for BB VIII in stories.

Alot of the info I got of BB Wiki is not matching up to the books and there is alot more inconsistancies.

I didnt read all the Blood Bowl Books by Matt Forbeck yet, is there something in Blood Bowl history that would cause inconsistancies that I am missing or is it people who put this stuff together dont pay attention or dont care.
Wozzaa

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2021 - 09:51 Reply with quote Back to top

The lore has unfortunately changed when BB16 came in. They rewrote a lot of the history and completely changed the timeline.

This is a good place for history....
http://loreofnuffle.talkfantasyfootball.org/

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2021 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, always looking to see more pages of info. But noticed right away on Blood Bowl winners in the new books 2500 was Bogenhafer vs Thunder Valley, the new teams and yet they have Warpstone Wanderers as winners of 2500 on their page.

Oh well, one thing I have always enjoyed was the backstory and history since 3rd edition but now its not even worth reading if every time something is printing they just change or make up the info
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2021 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The Lore of Nuffle page is great but some of the sections are based on things that were superseded, rolled back or never really official.

The Blood Bowl winners timeline up to 2492 has been pretty consistently presented in numerous publications and rulebooks. The new release has added/confirmed some up to 2500 (e.g. Middenheim Marauders becoming the new Middenheim Maulers) which i think was recently confirmed to be the year "now".

The 2503-stuff on the lore of nuffle page featuring the winners of the RL BB tournament is obviously (thankfully) not part of the current game lore

I don't think GW has contradicted the generally held dates, winners and lore since time immemorial (so far...)
unnanan

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2021 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

You Inner Passion in Your Heart.Everyone -every person in this world has a Dream: a passion, a vision in
their life that pulls them and urges them to move forward in life. You, my friend have this vision within
you, it "whispers" to you occasionally, but in some cases it cries out. It cries out to be listened to and
acted upon because this vision comes from your soul.Find your inner fire, your sense of purpose; this fire
will help you harness strengths you're not even aware you have. Be connected with your inner passions -
your Life's Dreams, and live that passion every day.
 Jump to: