41 coaches online • Server time: 10:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ganglari

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2021 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey there, hoping for some help here - I'm very new to Blood Bowl, having played the digital version a little bit, but getting really into it with the new Season 2 rules. I chose the Lizards as my team (Cobra Kaimans represent!), and I've played a couple of friendlies (smashed the humans, smashed by experienced wood-elves).
Now to the question - I'm joining a new 8-team league, and we're getting an even million to draft our team. WHAT DO I GET?!?
The way I see it I can either get

- 1 Kroxigor / 4 Saurii / 6 skinks (maybe swap 1 skink for a chameleon) / 2rr (980g)
Good strength, starts with the Krox so he can collect SPP, but gonna hurt to get that 3rd reroll

- 6 Saurii / 5 Skinks / 2rr (950g)
Bit more bashy, but missing that lovely Krox, still only 2 rrs. Stronger start, but gonna be saving up for both a Krox and a reroll.

- 5 Saurii / 6 skinks / 3rr (995g)
Weakest team on paper, but starts with 3rr, which means I'm 70k ahead in money (since they're twice as expensive once the league starts) - just need to hold out and not lose too badly the first few games until i can afford a Krox or a 6th Saurus.

Any thoughts? If it helps, my first match-up is against the Black Orcs-team... and the league has a house-rule that we're not allowed to draft dedicated fans (they had problems before with everyone fielding cheap boring teams to begin with to maximize winnings).
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2021 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Option 2 plus an Apo?

In about 5 games you should have saved enough for the second Reroll and the Krox if none of the Saurus break. See the Apo as an insurance policy.

Edit:
in option one to need to save 140 + 85 + 85 + 50 - 20 = 340k

Option 2 with the Apo would be 280k

Option 3 would be 85 + 50 + 140 - 5 = 270k

Option 2 with a Apo just looks better to me and that extra 10k to find is nothing if the Apo saves a Saurus early on
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2021 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you seen this page?

https://fumbbl.com/help:BB20LizardmenSetUp

Lyracian.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2021 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Option 1. Every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2021 - 08:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Lyracian wrote:
Have you seen this page?

Yes, that's what led me here in the first place - I'd definitely follow that advice if I was allowed to draft dedicated fans, but I'm not (I think the league-owner misread the rules and now refuses to admit he was wrong, so has made up a justification for this house rule). The question is if it's worth it without dedicated fans.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2021 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

No Dedicated Fans? Its the whole point of the new rules that you generate more cash per game to pay for the generally higher costs of players across the board?
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2021 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Ganglari wrote:

Yes, that's what led me here in the first place - I'd definitely follow that advice if I was allowed to draft dedicated fans, but I'm not (I think the league-owner misread the rules and now refuses to admit he was wrong, so has made up a justification for this house rule). The question is if it's worth it without dedicated fans.

What is the rest of the league structure for games? You said 8 teams. Will you play them each twice for 14 games or just 7 games? Are you redrafting at the end of the season to 1300?

Buy an Apo after first game. Get a couple of Saurus Block. Then start Season 2 with a Krox and 3 TRR.
Webbe

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2021 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
Option 2 plus an Apo?

In about 5 games you should have saved enough for the second Reroll and the Krox if none of the Saurus break. See the Apo as an insurance policy.

Edit:
in option one to need to save 140 + 85 + 85 + 50 - 20 = 340k

Option 2 with the Apo would be 280k

Option 3 would be 85 + 50 + 140 - 5 = 270k

Option 2 with a Apo just looks better to me and that extra 10k to find is nothing if the Apo saves a Saurus early on

Yes, I wouldn't choose option 1 either. It's farthest from krox+6 sauri+3 RR+apo.

If you want to start with krox I would instead go just 1 RR.
Krox+6 sauri+4 skinks+1 RR is 960k. After game 1 you buy apo, then save for the RRs. In total you need to save 290k.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2021 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in the "max Saurus plus Apoth" camp. Saurus Blockers are the best thing you got: great until their armor fails.

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2021 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

The right number Dedicated Fans is tricky. You probably don't want too many - if you win, you might find that you accumulate the ones you never bought (and it gets progressively harder to do so as you approach the max of 7). Similary, if you start with a high "Dedicated Fans" number and you lose some games, you are more likely to eat away the ones you started with.

On top of that, as far as I can tell, the in-game effect of Dedicated Fans (and the Fan Factor it leads to) is fairly minor in this edition. The kick-off table has been greatly nerfed, and fan factor no longer affects the "Cheering Fans" or "Brilliant Coaching" result, while the new "Officious Ref" and "Pitch Invasion" are far milder than previous.

Oscar Wilde
cromag

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2021 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Apoth is so important in lizard teams. 6 Saurus and an Apothecary is excellent, but depending on the length of the league I would pick up some Fans instead of the apothecary assuming you can afford it after the first match. Just make sure to score 4 times in your first game like I did and you'll get a Kroxigor in no time.

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2021 - 02:20 Reply with quote Back to top

6saurus 1 krox 4 skinks 1rr and just say "I'm not going to fail blocks. Or you know be prepared to fail blocks?
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2021 - 02:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Ganglari wrote:
Lyracian wrote:
Have you seen this page?

Honestly I'd just show him the exact page where it is so he can't refute it. It's ridiculous when a league comissioner acts like a child. Just legit show him the page via screenshot.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2021 - 07:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
The right number Dedicated Fans is tricky. You probably don't want too many - if you win, you might find that you accumulate the ones you never bought (and it gets progressively harder to do so as you approach the max of 7). Similary, if you start with a high "Dedicated Fans" number and you lose some games, you are more likely to eat away the ones you started with.

On top of that, as far as I can tell, the in-game effect of Dedicated Fans (and the Fan Factor it leads to) is fairly minor in this edition. The kick-off table has been greatly nerfed, and fan factor no longer affects the "Cheering Fans" or "Brilliant Coaching" result, while the new "Officious Ref" and "Pitch Invasion" are far milder than previous.

Yes, DF has a smaller roll on what happens on pitch, but if you have low DF your cash flow will be impacted. Each DF guarantees you $5k per match. With winnings being (Team A DF + Team B DF)/2 plus TD's scored, the meta changes in which you should be subconsciously looking to score more (the other, less looked at argument that says Season 2020 is about less stalling) and you need the cash flow because player costs have generally gone up and there is an argument (yet to be fully developed) that player injuries will increase via fouling and because of more scoring more drive resets and more LoS blocks.

The fact your Commish has removed DF from team purchasing is going to be ridiculous in the long run.
Bazakastine

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2021 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I would advise the 6 Saurus start. You need as many of your Big 7 as possible to be viable early. As far as DF versus Apo. Simply put I cant really judge if DF is worth it until I play with it and see how cashflow feels. I would go apo for now because if you lose a saurus early your team is in real real trouble.

I do think taking all 7 and 1 RR might be reasonable as well but I would not recommend it unless you think your at the top of the league in coaching ability and very experienced with Lizards as you will be having to be very very careful in your play.
 Jump to: