56 coaches online • Server time: 21:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Skill Choice
Horns
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Dodge
23%
 23%  [ 15 ]
Pro
52%
 52%  [ 33 ]
Sidestep
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Ignore it - Stand Firm
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other - Please state
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Pie (any flavour)
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 63

Cerberus85

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2021 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Evening all,

So my ROgre Boneripper finally reached Legend status. To make things complicated he rolled a double 3:

Image - Boneripper

He's currently a Block, Claw, Tackle, Guard, BT ROgre but I'm after help with the last skill as there are too many choices:

1, Horns - For Blitzing fun!
2, Dodge - Synergy with BT and protection
3, Pro - Less roaring and doing nothing
4, Sidestep - More for fun but would make him tying up the edge of a cage more effective and some protection along the sidelines
5, Stand Firm, would've been my normal skill choice and still a sensible if boring one

Any help or advice gladly appreciated, thank you!

Edit: Team Link - https://fumbbl.com/p/team?id=884614

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2021 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

at that TV you're so much likely to find dedicated blitzer with Tackle. go with Pro and put that +30k TV to good use.

Azur

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2021 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 for pro.
Less roaring = more fun! Wink
Swampserpent

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2021 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

pro. don't be silly with a legend double, give him the re roll.
SkittleMosaic

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2021 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends if you're gonna keep him into season 2, if so then you won't need Pro as you can get reliability with sacrificial bodies, but then you may be lacking bodies for assists so horns may be more important to get 3d.

EDIT: Pretty sure if you kept him he'd be the only piece you could afford to keep though Crying or Very sad
Kransky

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2021 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

pielover101 wrote:
Depends if you're gonna keep him into season 2, if so then you won't need Pro as you can get reliability with sacrificial bodies, but then you may be lacking bodies for assists so horns may be more important to get 3d.

EDIT: Pretty sure if you kept him he'd be the only piece you could afford to keep though Crying or Very sad

Pro is great in 2020, not so much for the Wild Animal roll, but for the ability to re-roll a single dice in the block. If you get a Skull and a pushback, you can re-roll the skull 'for free' and fish for a pow, if it fails you get the pushback and a second frenzy hit.

Pro is a seriously bashy skill.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2021 - 04:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Tough choice between Dodge and Pro. S5 Blodge is rather good. BT is downgraded in new rules but still helpful.

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2021 - 09:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Leap!
Muff2n

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2021 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Horns combo so well with a frenzy blitz but head is just saying pro.
XpherAndTheAxes

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2021 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Horns would be my go to skill, but honestly you might want tentacles to make the use of him as a dangerous piece, once they get near him you want them to stay for the hugs right?
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2021 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted Dodge, core skill so he won't get hit as much, stands and uses his Guard assist more, plus it goes beautifully with Break Tackle to make him a really mobile Frenzy threat. Or if you're really under the cosh (and you will be at times with skaven!), to get him out of trouble reliably. Pro is also worthwhile, Horns and Tentacles ok but Dodge all day for me!

(Btw. I assume you will be blitzing with this guy. If you are not, then the case for Pro increases... but he's such a good hitter I assume he will be blitzing just about every turn?)
Cerberus85

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2021 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for all the responses so far. They're greatly appreciated.

@DrDeath - yes he has been my go to Blitzer until now. However my Stormvermin have been quietly accruing the necessary skills to replace him. I've got one with a MB, Claw, Tackle and my other Stormvermin got +St last game too. That gives me a killer/Can opener and one who can create gaps for the Gutters to run through.

Now Boneripper has reached Legend I may end up using him less in order to mitigate the WA roll (inadvertently making the case for Pro too...).

@XpherAndTheAxes - Great shout with Tents but without SF I don't think it's as effective as it could be.

@stej - Without DP a leaping big guy is no fun! Very Happy

@pielover101 - If he's still alive by Season 2 I'll retire him. He'll have earned it plus the TV trimming will be horrific and he's the most obvious candidate.

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2021 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Jump up would be cool, if anyone remembers Sam Axe

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?op=view&player_id=8493933
Grod

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2021 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro just does so much. Dodge won't let you reroll those Wild Animal rolls, just saying.

Oscar Wilde
Kazou

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2021 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro or... tentacles !! (not even listed ?)
 Jump to: