21 coaches online • Server time: 03:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
csk73

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2021 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there,

I think that it would be useful and this feature would be more used if in the schedule list of a tournament, an icon appeared by the game indicating that the game has an schedule. More or less like the icon next to the games already played.

This way people would see when the match would be played and probably would use more this feature. Also it could be a way to have more spectators on a game.

Thanks!
Chivite

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2021 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

that is indeed a cool idea
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2021 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, please.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2021 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

you guys are mean.

csk73, this feature already exists - although it is not always used and is perhaps not as visible or obvious as you are suggesting it should be.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2021 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

For example in this one you can see Jack of All Trades are scheduled to play. But I guess csk73 means it would be good if players could assign the agreed time/date and people could see when they plan to play. I don't think that happens now does it?
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&p=tournaments&group=2294

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2021 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I think what csk73 was suggesting was adding the clock icon within the visual representation of a tournament... like

So that it only appears for one of the two people who will be playing, and only appears when prerequisite games have already been played. When you see the clock you will know:
1. It CAN be played, and
2. You are involved in the game, and
3. You can use the scheduler to mark a time.

Now obviously for folks who run tournaments, we might end up with both a clock and a â’· next to some unplayed games.

Sometimes it takes folks a while to learn that there is a scheduler on here. Smile (And if anyone is reading this and wondering, "What scheduler are they talking about?" -- Here you go. Smile )
csk73

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2021 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Razmus idea is fine too, but what I meant was what garyt1 just said:

When the game is already scheduled then it should appear for all users so everybody can see when the game will be played and it will be easier to spectate it

I think that the link to schedule the game is fine on your overview page.
razmus

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2021 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah... I see... so that a "this is a scheduled game icon" appear would appear on the tournament page, not just in the "Upcoming Matches" page?
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2021 - 07:09 Reply with quote Back to top

csk73 wrote:
Razmus idea is fine too, but what I meant was what garyt1 just said:

When the game is already scheduled then it should appear for all users so everybody can see when the game will be played and it will be easier to spectate it

I think that the link to schedule the game is fine on your overview page.

https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=2294&p=scheduled

like that?

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2021 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

razmus wrote:
Ah... I see... so that a "this is a scheduled game icon" appear would appear on the tournament page, not just in the "Upcoming Matches" page?

Yes, hadn't seen the "Upcoming Matches" page... I suppose being "hidden" under "More" makes it difficult to spot but I think it's more appealing to see an icon maybe a calendar instead of a clock when the game is scheduled, and that could combine with a clock if the game isn't already scheduled but as I said, I think this feature (schedule button) is fine on the overview page
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2021 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be cool if on everyone's overview page in addition to the sections for Last Match & Recent Matches there was added an Upcoming Matches.

Would be great promotion for Official Tournaments (and Leagues). It would also encourage coaches to use the scheduling tool as I'm guessing many aren't aware we have use of such a nice feature on the site.

Jump to: