53 coaches online • Server time: 18:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
knine

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2021 - 05:31 Reply with quote Back to top

If you fancy Ice hockey and wonder how it might work with BB....New league starting soon based on NHL and attempting to mimic ice hockey rules with a unique rule set. First in with teams get to claim the franchise. Starting with an exhibition round robin to test the rules over the next few weeks. Have a look and sign up!!! https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=14424
Cuaqchi

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2021 - 06:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I know someone made some BB friendly rules for ice hockey somewhere including shooting/etc but whether they'd work on fumbbl is unknown...
knine

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2021 - 06:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Shooting seems a step too far... maybe if you throw a pass to a specific square, then that might work. For now, we'll use the fumbbl way of scoring - run it in, BUT, it has to be part of a passing play (every player has LOTS of passing skills).
Cuaqchi

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2021 - 06:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Were called cross check, but not sure if can still be found online anywhere
knine

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2021 - 06:29 Reply with quote Back to top

If you're interested, put in a team and let's see if we can smooth out the rules before starting a full season.
mekutata

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2021 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

knine wrote:
Shooting seems a step too far... maybe if you throw a pass to a specific square, then that might work. For now, we'll use the fumbbl way of scoring - run it in, BUT, it has to be part of a passing play (every player has LOTS of passing skills).

sounds like your project will benefit from bb20 if you simply raise the PA skills. you could use pitch overlays (logos) to symbolize a goal area.
I am sure you can find the old ice hocey house rules on the NAF.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2021 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Scoring idea where you "shoot". Give both teams a weak ST1 player with high agility and no MV, only player who can carry the ball and give all other players Throw Team Mate. Maybe that's more basket ball. Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2021 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Love the idea. I think I'd be very wary about not doing more to rebalance the rosters and/or work out some inducements though.

If you look at the 3 teams on your list so far the TV spread is nearly 1000. That's a big discrepancy in stats/starting skills. Case in point the Brets are going to start with 7 rubbish players (peasants) who's 'free skills' do not compliment their stats, whereas a woodelf lineman with those skills gains a lot more
Lill-Leif

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2021 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Here are the rules for Cross Check, via web.archive.org:

https://web.archive.org/web/20130917034205/http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jklewis/bloodice/rulez.html
knine

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2021 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree that there's a huge spread, but, that's a coach's choice. We'll run an exhibition session, do a rules tweak, then run a round robin tournament, do another rules tweak, then hit the first season; hopefully with every team filled!!! .... so, signing up?
DonnyRainboe

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2021 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Six on Six, with a one square "endzone" that could can move behind is do-able on tabletop. Not sure I would even try to model this in client but it is interesting.
knine

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2021 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Jump to: