30 coaches online • Server time: 12:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Bellenrode

Post   Posted: May 20, 2021 - 09:29 Reply with quote Back to top

MerryZ wrote:
That is optional not official rule.

So...? It still exists. Thousands of people playing Blood Bowl 2 play with that specific rule non-stop. I think that's official enough (it's firmed with Games Workshop's logo, there is a copyright note and all).

And "That is optional rule" is quite a different statement than "There is no Lightning Bolt", as you tried to claim before.

Last edited by Bellenrode on May 20, 2021 - 09:33; edited 1 time in total
MerryZ

Post   Posted: May 20, 2021 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Bellenrode wrote:
MerryZ wrote:
That is optional not official rule.

So...? It still exists. Thousands of people playing Blood Bowl 2 play with that specific rule non-stop.

And "That is optional not official rule" is quite a different statement than "There is no Lightning Bolt", as you tried to claim before.

As far as i know (i dont play it myself tho) BB2 does not use 2016 rules.

And this is fumbbl forum that does use 2016 rules with updates where wizzard was added with 2 spells being Fireball and Zap.
Bellenrode

Post   Posted: May 20, 2021 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure what it all has to do with my point where I considered Wizard to be too strong (too cheap for what he can do).
MerryZ

Post   Posted: May 20, 2021 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Bellenrode wrote:
Not sure what it all has to do with my point where I considered Wizard to be too strong (too cheap for what he can do).

I just said that there is no Lightning Bolt and have not been for years.
Bellenrode

Post   Posted: May 20, 2021 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

MerryZ wrote:
Bellenrode wrote:

Correction: You said there is no Lightning Bolt and that's not in the 2016 rulebook, which I proved otherwise by providing the excerpt from the page in question.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: May 20, 2021 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Bellenrode wrote:
MerryZ wrote:
Bellenrode wrote:

Correction: You said there is no Lightning Bolt and that's not in the 2016 rulebook, which I proved otherwise by providing the excerpt from the page in question.

There is lots of things in 2016 rulebook that is not in the rules. Lightning Bolt being one of them.
Bellenrode

Post   Posted: May 20, 2021 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

MerryZ wrote:
There is lots of things in 2016 rulebook that is not in the rules. Lightning Bolt being one of them.

I will remind you that it was you who asked - word for word - on what page in the 2016 rulebook I find Lightning Bolt.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: May 20, 2021 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Bellenrode wrote:
MerryZ wrote:

I will remind you that it was you who asked - word for word - on what page in the 2016 rulebook I find Lightning Bolt.

My orginal comment was just that there is no Lightning bolt and I stand to that statement. It is not in 2020 rules and wasnt in 2016 rules that you wanted to bring up.

Now we are just getting sidetracked here from the original point that the 2020 rulebook is poorly written from the Fireball part (among others).
Bellenrode

Post   Posted: May 20, 2021 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

MerryZ wrote:
Now we are just getting sidetracked here from the original point that the 2020 rulebook is poorly written from the Fireball part (among others).

It could be poorly written, but I am wondering if they aren't trying to buff the Fireball (and going overboard in the process).
Arthas85

Post   Posted: May 20, 2021 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Just writing the rules in a clear and non-ambiguous way would solve all these problems.
But in more than 20 years, GW has never been able to do that.
uzkulak

Post   Posted: May 20, 2021 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Original wiz in early editions could be used at any time during either turn. That didn't break the game then.

This newer version is less potent. However, its still a powerful nerf for bigger teams stalling and seems in keeping with the BB2020 making it easier to break down cages. I think we would need to see it in practice to decide whether it actually works or not.
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: May 20, 2021 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
Original wiz in early editions could be used at any time during either turn. That didn't break the game then.

Turnover rules were different then though. It would clearly be game-breaking now.

At the absolute best it's taking an inducement that's already very high-variance and very powerful and cranking it up to ridiculous levels, so it should be changed/conservatively interpreted just for the sake of good game design.
BlockBadger

Post   Posted: May 20, 2021 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

From the May DESIGNER’S COMMENTARY

• Page 94 – Wizard – Fireball
- Replace the first sentence with the following:
You may cast this spell at the end of either player’s team turn,
before the next team turn begins.

Legit this is a non issue now XD They already fixed it before you noticed.
Arthas85

Post   Posted: May 21, 2021 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

It was a mistake as supposed.
mawph

Post   Posted: May 24, 2021 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

policeshades wrote:
There was a discussion about this on the Facebook Blood Bowl Community group. Sann0638 had the best suggestion by saying it should be FAQed since the wording is unclear.

Option A: as OP suggests.
Option B: it means at the start of the turn (or end) but not within that turn sequence.

As written it looks like Option A. I hazard a guess to say it's not intended but until FAQ...

It's now part of the FAQs: https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/3S3PZe9L4TKG5hCE.pdf
 Jump to: